***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Man I'm commenting a lot right now but this is just disappointing. This felt like the night we were gonna bring energy on the road for 40 min. The way we started this game couldn't have been much better, it's very difficult to see us winning on the road going forward. Mostly disappointing because this is a solid roster and no reason at all that we should finish below 500 in the Big Ten and we're headed that direction.

Having a hot start from three honestly was probably bad for us. We were bound to revert to mean eventually and it everyone started jacking up threes the rest of the game. But what the hell is Pitino doing with our offense? Is there no accountability for all the bad threes we take? This happens every game.

It would be hard to do with the wins we have but no question I'm worried about that happening.
With just about any other team, I would agree. But this team? With this coach? Perhaps not likely, but very much within the realm of possibility.

Wow.....PU almost doubled Mn in second half.....outscored 51-27

Sadly, only a 19 point loss on the road.

I don't see a road win this season...

A positive: I parlayed Purdue -3 / over 141 for a nice win. Easy money with this Gopher squad on the road.

Having a hot start from three honestly was probably bad for us. We were bound to revert to mean eventually and it everyone started jacking up threes the rest of the game. But what the hell is Pitino doing with our offense? Is there no accountability for all the bad threes we take? This happens every game.
To be honest though, when don’t we just jack up 3’s? We do it even if we start out super cold from outside.

Up 14 to losing by 19.

Of course you are in here acting like a little bitch. Care to comment on the fact that we are up 5 against a good team while one of the top 10 players in college basketball hasn't scored a point?

Carr is really good. But he is not one of the top 10 players in the country ha.

Honestly, the fact that these guys are totally willing to mail-it-in when things get tough, especially on the road, is the biggest single indictment of where Pitino and his program are at.

If Pitino is around next year at least we’ll know Coyle doesn’t give a sh^t about basketball.

Really disappointed in Mark Coyle. This shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Pitino could have been fired after year 5, 6, or 7. It's been crystal clear this program was going nowhere under him for a LONG time.

The new coach will now inherit an absolute disaster of a roster. I hope Coyle has a plan, because he owns this mess.

With just about any other team, I would agree. But this team? With this coach? Perhaps not likely, but very much within the realm of possibility.
I do think there's the possibility of the bottom just completely falling out as we have seen before with Pitino teams. Man that just seems hard to do with this team though. Looking at the players I like these guys: balanced, guys that can score, some depth. Coaching is just so huge in college sports though.

Carr is really good. But he is not one of the top 10 players in the country ha.

Not even close when you consider his defense (a whole half of the sport of basketball), intangibles, and inability to perform on the road (half of the games he plays in).

If Pitino is around next year at least we’ll know Coyle doesn’t give a sh^t about basketball.
He would have been fired last year if not for Covid...Coyle all but said it...We are still dealing with Covid so who knows....Pitino should have been fired three years ago.

What can the coach do about players missing 10 2 foot bunnies?
Recruit shooters.

What can the coach do when there is lack of ball movement, sloppy passing, poor rebounding, and be on the losing end of HUGE runs?

Elmore is an idiot ... Marcus was the problem tonight not his teammates

Doogie is claiming his 1.75 million buyout is too much for Coyle to make a move. If that's the case, I give up. May as well shut down the program if we can't afford that.

Welp, Caleb Truax getting pummeled much like our Gophers tonight. Plus the Wild likely to lose. Just another Minnesota get your as* kicked in night.

Purdue Fr scored about 70% of their points. Painter kicked MN ass without Sasha.

I do think there's the possibility of the bottom just completely falling out as we have seen before with Pitino teams. Man that just seems hard to do with this team though. Looking at the players I like these guys: balanced, guys that can score, some depth. Coaching is just so huge in college sports though.
I agree there's talent, but it's so poorly utilized. And that's been the case for years and years with this program. It's now a pattern and almost an expectation. It's just the way it has been with this program for what feels like forever: Make adjustments, bring more energy and you'll wipe the court with the Gophers almost every single time.

The most amazing thing to me is just how awful this bunch is when they have a "bad" game. It's a complete and total collapse every, single time. And that's the ultimate reflection of coaching; just utterly clueless when faced with adversity.

I didn't watch the game but from the one's I have watched that is my major concern. If things go well they execute, IE Michigan, when things go bad who knows what they are trying to accomplish. Makes you wonder if they even had a game plan, if they did why do they go so off course. Certainly not disciplined, how/why does Pitino not get them back on course.

Reactions: MRJ

Make adjustments, bring more energy and you'll wipe the court with the Gophers almost every single time
No question. That's where it's intriguing to look at a guy like Craig Smith at Utah St. who really focuses the culture on energy. He'd be that next hire type of guy who is the complete antithesis to Pitino.

Reactions: MRJ

Top Bottom