***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I agree there's talent, but it's so poorly utilized. And that's been the case for years and years with this program. It's now a pattern and almost an expectation. It's just the way it has been with this program for what feels like forever: Make adjustments, bring more energy and you'll wipe the court with the Gophers almost every single time.
This reminds me of a Wiggins quote from the other day about the Warriors. He said every player on that teams knows exactly how many minutes they will play each game. I like that. I'm wondering if the most successful programs have had that be part of their strategy.

To be honest though, when don’t we just jack up 3’s? We do it even if we start out super cold from outside.

Up 14 to losing by 19.
Most attempted 3’s in the big ten and by far the lowest 3 point shooting percentage. I truly do wonder what the offensive game plan is besides Carr dribbling around.

I was not watching as closely as normal but if I remember right, Purdue goes on a run, RP calls TO to in in theory set up his best set and get a bucket. Just like vs MD, that set results in a heave with the shot clock running out. That is flat out embarrassing. I see no way this team wins a road game unless Nebraska is rescheduled.

It depends what "it" is. A top 20 team and a 4 seed or better in the NCAA's is a great year. 9-10 in the B1G and an 11 seed is not. We're headed for the latter.

And the latter isn't a shoo-in at this point.

Of course you are in here acting like a little bitch. Care to comment on the fact that we are up 5 against a good team while one of the top 10 players in college basketball hasn't scored a point?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Preposterous Statement Tournament final four worthy.

Elmore is an idiot ... Marcus was the problem tonight not his teammates

I will say that on every opposing teams scouting report #1 is Marcus Carr. They pick him up full court, any time he comes off a ball screen they are going to double him, and with the shooting woes of our wing players there is not much risk to the defense. We don't seem to get many run outs which is where Carr is most dangerous. I don't think there is as much talent as some believe which is where Pitino has faltered.

A loss at Rutgers and the Gophers are going to be in VERY dangerous territory. I'm not saying it will happen, but at least brace yourselves, because there's a real shot the Gophers play themselves out of a tournament bid. This is Minnesota after all.

No chance for a win with the physicality that Rutgers plays with.

I don't think there is as much talent as some believe which is where Pitino has faltered.

I will say two things about that.

This team isn't loaded with talent but it does have more serviceable bodies than the usual Pitino team. Even someone like Ihnen who has become an absolute non-factor on offense can rebound, play fair defense, and make some good passes in limited stretches.

I think this team has more talent than what it's showing right now. Perhaps it was inevitable that someone like Both Gach would have a lower level of performance on conference play but it's striking how his play has diminished in the most recent games. He was a contributing scorer and good rebounding guard earlier in the season. In his last two games, he has 1 point and 5 rebounds combined while his defense has become abysmal. Ihnen averaged 6.9 points per game over the last 7 games of his freshman season. In the most recent 8 games of this season, he's scored in only two of them.

I wouldn't say there's no chance but I sure wouldn't bet on a win at Rutgers.
We may have a better chance with Carr on the bench.

And Gach, he is a turnover machine.

Top Bottom