***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Henley and JOJ seem to think lowering your head and charging to the hoop is the only offensive play.
Unfortunately, when you can't hit a shot outside of 5 feet, your offensive options are limited.

They are the second worst shooting team in the league. We are the worst. I'm using True Shooting Percentage which is the only measure that captures the totality of shooting. If you're using some basic measure, then it's time for you to join the 21st century.

Oh wow, the true shooting percentage really changed things by a whole 1 spot. Stellar analysis.

giphy.gif

Henley is going to be a really good player. I like JOJ as well, both have good futures but it is rough now.
Their bright future would be 7th and 8th players on a good team. Which is fine. But don't sell me on more than that.

made it thru a half, enough for today, get tired watching the car wreck and it's not even NASCAR. If game attendance is at an all time low, imagine what TV viewership is like. Sonic boom from all those shutting it off.

Henley and JOJ seem to think lowering your head and charging to the hoop is the only offensive play.

Henley appears to be improving although a cynic would argue that he had nowhere to go but up. I wish I could say the same thing about JOJ and Payne's primary weaknesses (turnover machine, no confidence to shoot beyond 2 feet, horrible free throw shooting, and questionable decision making) haven't improved.

Ben may get there, but this is fundamentally the worst team in my memory here. Just awful. Basic things like shooting free throws, knowing game situations, blocking out, help defense, spacing...all of it stinks.
That kind of stuff doesn't just magically get better. So the odds of him "getting there" aren't good and go down a little with almost every game.

made it thru a half, enough for today, get tired watching the car wreck and it's not even NASCAR. If game attendance is at an all time low, imagine what TV viewership is like. Sonic boom from all those shutting it off.
Apparently this game didn't warrant BTN asking anyone to come into the studio for pregame/half-time shows. So that's a sign. I guess Northwestern should be offended.

I've been on the fence with CBJ, and although I see flashes of progress at times, I'm leaning more into the camp of him not being the guy to elevate this team. This is embarrassing.

Oh wow, the true shooting percentage really changed things by a whole 1 spot. Stellar analysis.

giphy.gif

The difference is significant (.509 vs. 494) but carry on with your disdain of knowledge and hostility to self-improvement.

The difference is significant (.509 vs. 494) but carry on with your disdain of knowledge and hostility to self-improvement.

I don't have any issues with true shooting percentage.

Whether you want to use FG% or TS%, Northwestern is the worst shooting team in the conference not named Minnesota. But carry on with more of your pointless and meaningless arguments.

I want to see if Ben can break his stubborn streak and start Payne. Hoping so....
Well he started the game. I have not seen a lot that tells me why he should be a starter. He can’t shoot, he has trouble handling the ball, what am I missing? Don’t get me wrong, I like Payne but his game has a ways to go.

Next game is @Rutgers. Yikes. Another one we have very little chance to win.

Does JOJ have more than the one assist yet? Battle was wide open for a 3 and he tries to go 1 on 2 straight to the rim. Again.

The guys are actually still fighting I’ll give them that. Sorry to disappoint the negs on this board, but it’s not like we’re firing Ben after this game. No matter how ugly it gets.

Well he started the game. I have not seen a lot that tells me why he should be a starter. He can’t shoot, he has trouble handling the ball, what am I missing? Don’t get me wrong, I like Payne but his game has a ways to go.
I thought he was Daniel oturu 2.0 - I kid, he has gone down hill since his early flashes. I put blame on the coaching brain trust as they for some reason decided he should get the ball on the perimeter

Does JOJ have more than the one assist yet? Battle was wide open for a 3 and he tries to go 1 on 2 straight to the rim. Again.
He dropped two passes to pp right at the basket and neither were converted.

I don't have any issues with true shooting percentage.

Whether you want to use FG% or TS%, Northwestern is the worst shooting team in the conference not named Minnesota. But carry on with more of your pointless and meaningless arguments.
.509 vs .494 (or whatever it is) is a rounding error in the grand scheme of things, not significant

Payne is like a poster child for the bad reputation of coaching in the USA: poor skill and team development with the focus on riding the athleticism and talent of team stars. Payne could dominate at the MN high school level just based on his size and athleticism in the post but when he needs additional tools at a higher level, they're not there.

Looks like the easier part of the schedule coming up...Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, Iowa, Mich State, Penn State, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers, and Wisconsin. Best possible 2-8...more realistic 1-9.

No doubt he has a ton of work to do. He needs to be put in places where he can succeed with where his game is at. The perimeter is not one of them.

I thought he was Daniel oturu 2.0 - I kid, he has gone down hill since his early flashes. I put blame on the coaching brain trust as they for some reason decided he should get the ball on the perimeter
His early flashes were not against Big 10 opponents.

Top Bottom