***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Got to be a tough dsy for the CBJ backers today. This is pathetic
Agree - where are the apologists today?? Crickets

Clearly out played and out coached - the five second violation on the inbound play is telling

Worst FT shooting team in the country, last out of 352 teams. Wow.
Announcers said Johnson told them his players are good shooters, they just lack confidence.
Sorry, if you can't make FTs, you're not a good shooter. Good shooters are confident and have solid fundamentals.

Worst FT shooting team in the country, last out of 352 teams. Wow.
Announcers said Johnson told them his players are good shooters, they just lack confidence.
Sorry, if you can't make FTs, you're not a good shooter. Good shooters are confident and have solid fundamentals.
They worked on it over the Holidays though...

Right now Joe Lunardi at ESPN Bracketology has Purdue as the #1 overall seed. I think Northwestern has to be one of the stronger teams. Gophers obviously are in building mode and hope to get on this after Evans and Christie arrive and the freshmen get better.

Right now Northwestern is a 10 seed in that East (New York) bracket but I think they will surely move up based on what I'm watching today.

Slow and can't shoot turns out to be a bad combination. 2025 is looking good though!

I was talking about NW being the worst shooting team in the conference, which they are. They don't look like it against our D.

NW is elite defensively though. There's a reason the 3 teams currently at the top of the B1G are the 3 best defensive teams. Defense continues to be optional for BJ and the Gophers, in addition to the horrific offense.

Henley and JOJ seem to think lowering your head and charging to the hoop is the only offensive play.

Right now Joe Lunardi at ESPN Bracketology has Purdue as the #1 overall seed. I think Northwestern has to be one of the stronger teams. Gophers obviously are in building mode and hope to get on this after Evans and Christie arrive and the freshmen get better.

Right now Northwestern is a 10 seed in that East (New York) bracket but I think they will surely move up based on what I'm watching today.

There's no putting lipstick on this pig. Northwestern is an average power 5 team.

I was talking about NW being the worst shooting team in the conference, which they are. They don't look like it against our D.

NW is elite defensively though. There's a reason the 3 teams currently at the top of the B1G are the 3 best defensive teams. Defense continues to be optional for BJ and the Gophers, in addition to the horrific offense.
Oh, I missed that. They are shooting lights out against us. Standard.

Henley and JOJ seem to think lowering your head and charging to the hoop is the only offensive play.
Henley is going to be a really good player. I like JOJ as well, both have good futures but it is rough now.

Gophers are getting destroyed by a 10 seed is what I read.

If we scored a three off of every turnover we forced, Northwestern would still be outscoring us in points off turnovers.

Wouldn't it be better to post Payne up down low early in the possession? Can't they get their high screen action set up by someone else who is a threat from outside. With Payne out at the arc. NW is able to overplay the perimeter all the more. Force them to sag early.

They are the second worst shooting team in the league. We are the worst. I'm using True Shooting Percentage which is the only measure that captures the totality of shooting. If you're using some basic measure, then it's time for you to join the 21st century.

We need a “Ben Johnson is a disaster” thread
Ben may get there, but this is fundamentally the worst team in my memory here. Just awful. Basic things like shooting free throws, knowing game situations, blocking out, help defense, spacing...all of it stinks.

Top Bottom