***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Can't stay in the zone because they're killing us. Can't go to man because we'll run out of players.

Northwestern playing sound fundamental ball on both ends...Gophers, not.

Need a shutout on defense the rest of the half to hang in there. Ben not making substitutions wisely so far.

This is embarrassingly bad basketball.

How many good looks in lane resulted in TO’s? Horrible ball control

Cooper is a liability today - we have the bad Gophers today’s

Northwestern overplaying everything and we have no answer

Northwestern looks better than almost any other team we've seen this year. Probably Purdue and Northwestern for the Big Ten's best chances in March Madness.

EDIT ADD:
I'm also watching freshman Henley as an important young player at a pivotal position for the future. It looks iffy right now -- all the more reason to focus on that. As far as Payne and Ola-Joseph, I don't expect those freshmen to be consistent yet.

Got to be a tough dsy for the CBJ backers today. This is pathetic

Payne cannot be handling the ball 25 feet from the basket- put him on the low block please and teach him you go into the chest of taller players to initiate contact and you’ll get the call. Relish that contact!!

Last edited:

Northwestern looks better than almost any other team we've seen this year. Probably Purdue and Northwestern for the Big Ten's best chances in March Madness.

I'm also watching freshman Henley as an important young player at a pivotal position for the future. It looks iffy right now -- all the more reason to focus on that. As far as Payne and Ola-Joseph, I don't expect those freshmen to be consistent yet.

They're also the worst shooting team in the conference

Payne cannot be handling the ball /5 feet from the basket- put him on the low block please and teach him you go into the chest of taller players to initiate contact and you’ll get the call. Relish that contact!!
How far is the low block from the basket?

Top Bottom