***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

STOP EVERYONE! I have been advised that we are not having a great year- we are not actually as good as everyone thought. Someone run the numbers...
STOP EVERYONE! I have been advised you can find good in all games. You can find more good than we thought. Someone run the goods.....

Thank you NU for taking the air out of the ball!

Who is getting ready for the cut away from the game to Gophers/Illinois wrestling?

It seems we need to hire a camera crew, put them in the huddle and tell Ben he's on TV every game...

Did you guys hear that? The announcer just said, "the gophers are getting better!"

YES.......now that's a positive!

Well he started the game. I have not seen a lot that tells me why he should be a starter. He can’t shoot, he has trouble handling the ball, what am I missing? Don’t get me wrong, I like Payne but his game has a ways to go.
Correct, but he isn’t used to handling the ball and I don’t like him on the high post, I’d like to see him in the low post, which is probably where he’s always been as he has likely been the biggest kid on all his teams- so he’s in a position that isn’t placing him in a good spot for success IMO.

Bigs also take longer to develop - look at John Thomas’ arc in his Gopher career as a comp for what we can hope for. I look for him to be a legit threat from 10-12 feet by his Jr. Year - I’m not worried about him developing a game from 3.

I have the Gophers +14.5. You can do it!

I would like to propose that initial in-game thread be prohibited from using the phrase "Get 'er done, Johnson" or any variation thereof, until the Gophers win another B1G game.

I have the Gophers +14.5. You can do it!

giphy.gif

STOP EVERYONE! I have been advised you can find good in all games. You can find more good than we thought. Someone run the goods.....
They were only 1 point under their season average.

I want to say "that game was brutal", but that could apply to any B1G game this season.

Buie and Audige 45 points- Samuels and Cooper 19- 26 point loss at the guard position.

This has been a bad game. The kids did not value the ball. They have not competed at the intensity they must compete to be competitive. There is no excuse. I expect Ben to address this after the game.

Top Bottom