*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 games left @ neb @purd @osu vs psu ind my guess 1-4 and good bye tubster

+1. This can't happen against a senior back court against a mediocre team. I'm done defending Tubby. Make the tournament or it's time for a change.

Welcome to the club. You should be receiving your membership packet in the mail.

Does anybody know how the Baseball team and Women's BB team are doing right now?

Mnsports255 --

I was alive and followed the 1989 and 1990 teams VERY closely. Even went to the Elite 8 game in 90 down in New Orleans.

But if I had listened to a 16 year old negative nancy like you back in 1989, I might have given up on the Gophers after they went 1-8 in conf road games.

Good thing I didn't and the Gophers got to the Sweet 16.

Like I posted earlier dint get to low on one loss and don't get to high on one win.

Well, the thing I'm getting from this...if North Korea ever decides to invade the US, just slap a 2-3 zone on 'em...

I don't think they will make the tourney...When you stumble they way they have, unless they go above .500 the rest of the way, they will be NIT bound.

Oto f'ing sucks. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

our half court offense is god awful. there really seems to be no coaching going on. i am tired of watching this crap. no tournament = no tubby

Mnsports255 --

I was alive and followed the 1989 and 1990 teams VERY closely. Even went to the Elite 8 game in 90 down in New Orleans.

But if I had listened to a 16 year old negative nancy like you back in 1989, I might have given up on the Gophers after they went 1-8 in conf road games.

Good thing I didn't and the Gophers got to the Sweet 16.

Do you honestly believe this team is as good as the 89 team?

I am willing to bet that Oto has more turnovers and fouls than points this season. Pathetic.

5 minutes left and Gophers finally show a zone. Iowa has had a free ride down the court all game long.

Thank god we had a 16 point lead early or this would be really ugly.

LOL that made me laugh!!! Yeah EE is very good from the high post and feeds the low post from there really well. Coleman is absolutely awful!!! He can't shoot...and is a forward in a guards body. If I were the coach I would go big and start EE in place of Coleman. EE could feed RW and TM. This game is over...I don't think Andre is coming back in.

Wow, I'm going to be an idiot and I'm going to wait until the season is COMPLETELY over, before I make any statements about whether Tubby should be fired or not, but what do I know, why would that be considered an intelligent thing to do?!

Does anyone want to argue that we had anywhere near full effort and full focus from 5 guys on the court for forty minutes? We showed in the first 10 minutes how much better we are, but then we got lazy, we got careless, and we got stupid.

I usually try to give coaches the benefit of the doubt to some degree, but Tubby has done an absolutely awful job of coaching this team during the Big Ten season. This bunch is so fragile mentally, it's really something to behold. On top of that, whenever they see a zone defense of any type, it becomes an absolute mess offensively. Want to beat the Gophers like a drum? Make them face a zone.

Amazingly poor job by Tubby, the players and the entire coaching staff. Never seen a team that had so much going for it early in the season become an absolute punch line in a matter of a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom