*** OFFICIAL GOPHERS-IOWA GAME THREAD ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone want to argue that we had anywhere near full effort and full focus from 5 guys on the court for forty minutes? We showed in the first 10 minutes how much better we are, but then we got lazy, we got careless, and we got stupid.

Nope.

I am a Tubby but more importantly Gopher supporter. But one thing I can't stand is giving up on a game under any circumstances. Do you think Coach K, Roy Williams, Self, etc. would keep best players on bench and concede victory with 7 mins left? Unbelievable.

I usually try to give coaches the benefit of the doubt to some degree, but Tubby has done an absolutely awful job of coaching this team during the Big Ten season. This bunch is so fragile mentally, it's really something to behold. On top of that, whenever they see a zone defense of any type, it becomes an absolute mess offensively. Want to beat the Gophers like a drum? Make them face a zone.

Amazingly poor job by Tubby, the players and the entire coaching staff. Never seen a team that had so much going for it early in the season become an absolute punch line in a matter of a few weeks.

Well said sir!

are the gophers playing zone so tubby can see how another team beats one???

I have a new strategy for Tubby:

Play all of the starters until they all foul out or collapse. With 4 minutes left in the game, put the reserves in and just ask them to do nothing but defend the 40 point lead.

I am a Tubby but more importantly Gopher supporter. But one thing I can't stand is giving up on a game under any circumstances. Do you think Coach K, Roy Williams, Self, etc. would keep best players on bench and concede victory with 7 mins left? Unbelievable.

When the starters aren't getting it done, I'm ok with going to the bench and seeing who is willing to show up.

Why do you only post when they lose?

I have been posting on this site a long time. I have been down on Tubby since day one, I dont flip/flop. Anyone can see this guy cannot make adjustments and get his team mentally focused before big games. 44-59 in the B10 and look up his record in February when it really counts, it is as bad as I have ever seen.

He working on his rotation for the NIT.

Iowa 55% from 3pt land Gophers 18% Iowa ball movement 90% Gophers 30%.....

I have been posting on this site a long time. I have been down on Tubby since day one, I dont flip/flop. Anyone can see this guy cannot make adjustments and get his team mentally focused before big games. 44-59 in the B10 and look up his record in February when it really counts, it is as bad as I have ever seen.

Blocking you but enjoy your ban when ever it comes.

I would like to know what Tyus, Rashad and Reid are thinking right now.

I am a gopher supporter but if they miss the tournament this year how can anyone argue it should be over
Any b10 team minus psu nebr and nw that has 0 ncaa wins in 6 years it is time to move on. Got a glimpse this game of whats in store next year when williams and mbakwe are gone and it is scary to think about.

This is a bizarre team, they look lost, apathetic and disorganized. I like Tubby as a guy, he seems nice, I think he does care about his athletes. But we can't pretend that this team doesn't look tired.

I didn't think they'd win the WI game, I honestly questioned their mental toughness to win a close game against an opponent who is used to playing close games. But after today, we're looking down the barrel at 6-9 in the Big 10 with 2 of our remaining 3 games on the road. We'll be lucky to go 8-10, more than likely looking at a 7-11 season.

I think it's time to move on from Tubby Smith.

Les Bolstad, you are right, I did get one thing right, people would call me an idiot for being dumb enough to continue to hold out hope. If I had been smart back in 1989, I would have just given up on the Gophers after they went 1-8 on the road in conf play. I could have spared myself the agony of watching them make the Sweet 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom