Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Saw Knuth, the Harrisburg QB we offered, picked up another one last night from K-State

His recruitment definitely seems to be picking up steam. Would think he will get a pretty solid rating here at some point in the near future as you don't see a lot of unranked QBs with multiple Big Ten and Power 5 offers.

Seems like we are in a pretty good spot with him at the moment.

247 Sports now had 21 MN kids listed on recruiting page. 12 Composite. King is a basketball future and Holloman is questionable on basketball or football. Would love to see us get Holloman, Carter, Androff, Nelson, and Koivisto in addition to Hoskins and projected Hasert. Big kid from Maple River is also intriguing. It's about a 50/50 split of Metro and non-metro prospects.

Would love a new basketball coach to get King and Holloman as well.

Last edited:

His recruitment definitely seems to be picking up steam. Would think he will get a pretty solid rating here at some point in the near future as you don't see a lot of unranked QBs with multiple Big Ten and Power 5 offers.

Seems like we are in a pretty good spot with him at the moment.
Looks like 247 has him as a .8516 Three star now.

Looks like 247 has him as a .8516 Three star now.

Saw that, and 247 has him as an 87 so probably a good chance he creeps up a little higher before it is all said and done. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, hopefully it is here.

Saw that, and 247 has him as an 87 so probably a good chance he creeps up a little higher before it is all said and done. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, hopefully it is here.
Saw a guy on Iowa’s board predicting Knuth to Minnesota and Evers to Iowa, Evers is another qb both teams have offered.

New 247 state prospect rankings came out. Only 3 of the top 20 players play for the largest class of Minnesota football. So earlier when I said Minnesota football was down I might’ve been right but only on 6a

247 Sports now had 21 MN kids listed on recruiting page. 12 Composite. King is a basketball future and Holloman is questionable on basketball or football. Would love to see us get Holloman, Carter, Androff, Nelson, and Koivisto in addition to Hoskins and projected Hasert. Big kid from Maple River is also intriguing. It's about a 50/50 split of Metro and non-metro prospects.

Pretty deep group actually. Not a lot of super stars at the top, but even guys like Emmett Johnson, Camden Royal, and Austin Altepeter are pretty interesting prospects.

Pretty deep group actually. Not a lot of super stars at the top, but even guys like Emmett Johnson, Camden Royal, and Austin Altepeter are pretty interesting prospects.

Class is light on heavy hitters, especially with 2 of the top 4 being more basketball than football prospects apparently. But looks like a fair number of solid mid 3* kind of guys that you need to have on your roster for depth purposes.

Seems like quite a few preferred walk on candidates as well depending on how it all shakes out scholarship wise.

Class is light on heavy hitters, especially with 2 of the top 4 being more basketball than football prospects apparently. But looks like a fair number of solid mid 3* kind of guys that you need to have on your roster for depth purposes.

Seems like quite a few preferred walk on candidates as well depending on how it all shakes out scholarship wise.
Will be interesting to see what Fleck does in state. The 2021 class only had 4 guys under the .8600 rating mark. .8443 was the lowest rated. Only 6 MN 2022 prospects are currently above that mark.

Will be interesting to see what Fleck does in state. The 2021 class only had 4 guys under the .8600 rating mark. .8443 was the lowest rated. Only 6 MN 2022 prospects are currently above that mark.
Isn’t it estimated that this will be a smaller class this year as well?

Agreed! Guy like the Moorhead LB, would be a great candidate to offer a PWO and see if he takes that over an NDSU offer.

Isn’t it estimated that this will be a smaller class this year as well?

I don't think anyone has an idea about class sizes in the next few years. The "free year" is going to be a curveball on class sizes for the next few years to come.

24/7 seems to think Carter is down to MSU/Iowa. Yuck!

I assume Fleck will offer Chase Androff. It's interesting that Michigan State and Nebraska have already offered. Fleck seems to be being patient with some of the instate guys.
Very unlikely

Our class size is expected to be around 14-16, which will be the same for most schools. That means there are 10 recruits that would normally go to Bama, Clemson, Ohio St, Michigan, etc, etc that won’t get offers and will be looking at other schools. This is the year to be very selective.

IMHO, some MN kids will be offered right away like Hoskins that area no brainers who bleed the right colors. They will offer recruits from elsewhere that are good fit and are higher on their recruiting board. When they lost players like Carroll and Benhart, they moved on quickly.

We have other TEs we’re higher on right now that have shown interest, specifically Sean Sallis.
You like Sallis more than Petrucci? Both look to be great as receivers. Maybe Petrucci is an Iowa lean?

You like Sallis more than Petrucci? Both look to be great as receivers. Maybe Petrucci is an Iowa lean?
I haven’t seen Petrucci’s highlights. Sallis looks really impressive as a receiver and I’m surprised he doesn’t have more offers.

I haven’t seen Petrucci’s highlights. Sallis looks really impressive as a receiver and I’m surprised he doesn’t have more offers.
I think Sallis looks the best of the TE’s we’ve offered, or at least the realistic ones, as well.

Top Bottom