Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Excellent news. Seemed like he'll be a great kid to have on the squad, even if he doesn't end up being an impact player (I have no idea what his skillset looks like, just was very impressed by his Burns interview a while ago).
I think judging by his chin we've got an impact player for sure.

Excellent news. Seemed like he'll be a great kid to have on the squad, even if he doesn't end up being an impact player (I have no idea what his skillset looks like, just was very impressed by his Burns interview a while ago).
Looks very skilled. I’d be more than happy with this add, others I’m sure will grumble about his lack of offers, but he looks the part to me.

This is exactly the type of kids that will be talked about for generations if they beat the odds and become great players.

Is he a run first QB? How will he fare against much faster defensive players at the next level? They will work with his skillset and make improvements. If he puts in the work and is patient, you never know.

Last edited:

OSU expressed a lot of interest after he committed and wanted him to visit but he’s Kyle Goblirsch’s son and grew up a gopher fan going to games in MN so I don’t think we have to worry about anybody offering. He probably could be a buckeye if he wanted to.
Ah. I forgot about that part, but now that you say that I do remember folks on here talking about that.

OK, fair enough. Yeah he's probably a solid lock then, for those "extenuating" circumstances. I'll take it!

This is exactly the type of kids that will be talked about for generations if they beat the odds and become great players.

Is he a run first QB? How will he fare against much faster defensive players at the next level? They will work with his skillset and make improvements. If he puts in the work and is patient, you never know.
I dunno, I don’t feel like he’s some kind of long shot. Watching his hudl film compared to Kaliakmanis I don’t really see a huge difference in skill set.

I dunno, I don’t feel like he’s some kind of long shot. Watching his hudl film compared to Kaliakmanis I don’t really see a huge difference in skill set.

Will be interesting to see where he comes in ranking wise. Could very much be a case of getting in early on a guy who is a bit of an unknown due to where is from and the evaluation process for the recruiting services no doubt being very messed up right now because of the pandemic.

WR Kristen Hoskins from Alexandria MN commits. PJ Fleck never fails to surprise. The second 2022 commit is an instate WR. He looks like he has the tools. It is hard to judge what the level of HS competition is. He'll thrive in development.

Congratulations young man! The early commitment floodgates just opened again.

They do appear to have similar attributes.

Question for everyone: Which QB do you anticipate might transfer out after this coming season? I'd say if they want to play starting QB, going elsewhere may be attractive.

Last edited:

They do appear to have similar attributes.

Question for everyone: Which QB do you anticipate might transfer out after this coming season? I'd say if they want to play starting QB, going elsewhere may be attractive.

I see 7 QBs on the roster, not all scholarship im guessing:

Tanner
Zack
Lonenoa Faoa
Kramer
Clark
Samuel Pickerign
Athan K

based on limited throws ive seen,i hope Kramer transfers. Clark had me on that single pass he attempted for a completion.

WR Kristen Hoskins from Alexandria MN commits. PJ Fleck never fails to surprise. The second 2022 commit is an instate WR. He looks like he has the tools. It is hard to judge what the level of HS competition is. He'll thrive in development.

Congratulations young man! The early commitment floodgates just opened again.

competition is meh. but he has a lot to like.

I’m going against popular opinion and saying none transfer.
I think we would have seen it by now, but we haven't. Clark would be my guess if any of the scholarship guys left.

I’m going against popular opinion and saying none transfer.
After spring practice, I fully expect either Clark or Kramer to transfer - whichever one is lower on the depth chart. With Morgan, Annexstad, and the other in front of him as well as Kaliakmanis behind him, the opportunity to play would look slim.

That's college football.

After spring practice, I fully expect either Clark or Kramer to transfer - whichever one is lower on the depth chart. With Morgan, Annexstad, and the other in front of him as well as Kaliakmanis behind him, the opportunity to play would look slim.

That's college football.

If they are willing to drop down in class then yeah we might see a transfer. But if either has a desire to play at the power 5 level than transferring might not be a viable option for them. Has to be someone willing to take them. That is not saying they are bad players but they are unproven so it would be a risk for a power 5 program to bring them in.

Quick glance at the transfer portal on 247 shows over 50 QBs in the portal right now without a new destination yet.

That's college football.
Do we know for sure ZA is ahead of Clark and Kramer? While I’m sure every player wants to play, I’m sure some would rather stay at a school they like despite not playing, instead of chasing possible play time elsewhere.

If they are willing to drop down in class then yeah we might see a transfer. But if either has a desire to play at the power 5 level than transferring might not be a viable option for them. Has to be someone willing to take them. That is not saying they are bad players but they are unproven so it would be a risk for a power 5 program to bring them in.

Quick glance at the transfer portal on 247 shows over 50 QBs in the portal right now without a new destination yet.
Exactly, you basically are risking a scholarship by entering the portal. There is no guarantee a school offers a spot.

Exactly, you basically are risking a scholarship by entering the portal. There is no guarantee a school offers a spot.

Lot of fans seem to forget that part about the portal. Just wanting to transfer doesn't mean you will be able to.

Now not to stray too far from the topic of the thread....any guesses from those more plugged in as to the next 4* recruit into the boat?

Do we know for sure ZA is ahead of Clark and Kramer? While I’m sure every player wants to play, I’m sure some would rather stay at a school they like despite not playing, instead of chasing possible play time elsewhere.
I haven't seen any signs that make it clear who is where exactly outside Morgan at 1.

Indeed, there are going to be hundreds of transfers who don't find a soft landing spot and end up dropping down a level or out of football completely. It's a risk to transfer when you can collect your full-ride scholarship and free education simply by staying put.

That hasn't stopped the portal churn, however.

I hope they all stay. We've got a really nice QB group. But in 2021 that might be wishful thinking.

I think if they received their undergraduate degree already, then it makes sense to drop down to FCS as a grad transfer if they still are itching to play QB. Chris Streveler did and got noticed by the CFL. Chris was a different story. Didn't he transfer with two years of eligibility remaining?

However, is it true that once you declare to enter the Transfer Portal the U is not obligated to honor your scholarship? The U opted to continue Phillip Howard's when he changed his mind.

So, I'd say choose wisely. Just like the Holy Grail scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. RIP Sean Connery!

I think if they received their undergraduate degree already, then it makes sense to drop down to FCS as a grad transfer if they still are itching to play QB. Chris Streveler did and got noticed by the CFL. Chris was a different story. Didn't he transfer with two years of eligibility remaining?

However, is it true that once you declare to enter the Transfer Portal the U is not obligated to honor your scholarship? The U opted to continue Phillip Howard's when he changed his mind.

So, I'd say choose wisely. Just like the Holy Grail scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. RIP Sean Connery!

My understanding is that schools are not obligated to hold a scholly once a player enters, which makes sense.

Yes indeed, choose wisely. Or your face will melt off.

I see 7 QBs on the roster, not all scholarship im guessing:

Tanner
Zack
Lonenoa Faoa
Kramer
Clark
Samuel Pickerign
Athan K

based on limited throws ive seen,i hope Kramer transfers. Clark had me on that single pass he attempted for a completion.
Pickerign, a w/o who has been with the team for several years, is already a grad student, I believe. Faoa is a F w/o who looks to be a powerful athlete; maybe takes the wild cat role over time ... or is position change candidate? If Tanner has another 2019 type year in 2021, I have a hunch he takes the next step along with several of our O and 2022 will she us with a new QB on the field.

I just would not be surprised to see 2 out of 3 from ZA, Kramer, Clark transfer out, either after spring or after this coming season.

I just would not be surprised to see 2 out of 3 from ZA, Kramer, Clark transfer out, either after spring or after this coming season.
Have no idea if he'd be interested but if Kramer is the athlete that people say he is, could he switch positions?

Have no idea if he'd be interested but if Kramer is the athlete that people say he is, could he switch positions?
Good point. I mean technically the same might be said for ZA. His brother a WR after all.

So amend my statement to 2 out of 3 no longer being Gopher QBs.

Top Bottom