Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

It would be nice to land a MAJOR recruit like Tony Nelson.

Took me a minute to figure out where you were going with that post. Apparently the I dream of Jeannie references are going to flow freely in regards to this young man (who was born over 30 years after the show went off the air). :)

Could be an interesting group of outstate commits joining the boat.

Unfortunately my favorite athlete in the state decided to not play football 🙁

NDSU has & will take out state players turning them into NFL players. I believe PJ can also, some of you people believe only in star ratings remember Miss America does not always make the best wife. The last 3 NDSU QBs have or will be drafted 2 of those will be high 1st round picks with low or no star ratings. Coaching matters, PJ is a great coach his players are well rounded and I would hire PJ's players as they have the traits values business owners want & need. I would rather lose with PJ's players then win with SEC scum.

NDSU has & will take out state players turning them into NFL players. I believe PJ can also, some of you people believe only in star ratings remember Miss America does not always make the best wife. The last 3 NDSU QBs have or will be drafted 2 of those will be high 1st round picks with low or no star ratings. Coaching matters, PJ is a great coach his players are well rounded and I would hire PJ's players as they have the traits values business owners want & need. I would rather lose with PJ's players then win with SEC scum.

Im' willing to test this theory if any of them are available / willing ...

Crap, we are going to need a commitment of some kind soon to get this thread back on course..... :)

Crap, we are going to need a commitment of some kind soon to get this thread back on course..... :)

I keep trying to commit but they keep telling me to stop faxing them...

Who runs a program like that?!?!?!

It will be nice if the Gophers can land a couple of the OLs from MN. Lucas Heyer, I have a feeling he won't stick around. But, then who knows what his dream is.

Looking at the 2022 Minnesota Recruiting List eye candy-wise, there are some promising athletes who are not rated or whose ratings are going to blow up.

Maybe this is the year that the Gophers will land more instate recruits.

https://247sports.com/Article/2022-...th-wants-to-earn-a-Minnesota-offer-160647802/
Saw Knuth, the Harrisburg QB we offered, picked up another one last night from K-State

RE: Knuth, it sounds like he is ALL IN on Fleck, such that it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign just as soon as he is able to. And this kid's motivation and attitude, man, that's the type of thing a coach dreams of.

"The South Dakota quarterback wants a decision sooner than later so he can put his recruiting hat on and go to work.

"I’m really hoping to have my decision made by the end of June, so I can go into my senior season focusing on my team and my responsibilities of leading and hopefully fulfilling a life long dream of winning a state championship. I also want to play major role in helping organize and recruit my 2022 class to wherever I’m headed. I’ve watched good classes turn into great ones when the earlier recruits commit and then get organized and rally around and recruit other key athletes. I really want to take ownership and lead that for my school, so the earlier I make my decision the more I can help out with that. I would also like to have my decision made this summer as I‘m hoping to sign during the early period. This would allow me to early enroll at the college I sign with if that's an option with them. I would hope to use that extra semester to take advantage of spring football with my new team and get a jump on my college education."

He already wants to start recruiting. :) That, my friends, is the kind of kid you want on your football team.

The Nelson kid from T-M-B has also been the top player on their Boys Basketball team, but he is currently out with an injury. Not sure how serious it is.

But, the point is that he is a good enough athlete to be the leading scorer for his HS BB team - so obviously has some athletic ability, and a big enough frame to add weight in college.

The question for a kid from that level is always going to be strength of competition. TMB is a class AA school in the MN football playoff system, but most of their regular-season games are against Class A teams. As a result, most nights he is going to be the biggest and strongest kid on the field, so you have to wonder how he will fare when facing kids who are bigger and faster.

Ask and you shall receive!

Guess I should have asked sooner. Knuth looks like a really nice pickup for this 2022 class and both he and Hoskins have mentioned actively trying to recruit others to join them which is always a great thing.

The Nelson kid from T-M-B has also been the top player on their Boys Basketball team, but he is currently out with an injury. Not sure how serious it is.

But, the point is that he is a good enough athlete to be the leading scorer for his HS BB team - so obviously has some athletic ability, and a big enough frame to add weight in college.

The question for a kid from that level is always going to be strength of competition. TMB is a class AA school in the MN football playoff system, but most of their regular-season games are against Class A teams. As a result, most nights he is going to be the biggest and strongest kid on the field, so you have to wonder how he will fare when facing kids who are bigger and faster.

Sam Schlueter played Class A football I believe, if you're big and athletic it doesn't matter.

Sam Schlueter played Class A football I believe, if you're big and athletic it doesn't matter.

I'm not saying he can't make it. I'm just saying that IF if he winds up playing D1 FB, it will be an adjustment. Tyler Marz of Springfield, MN was another Class A kid who wound up having a good career at Wisconsin. He has been a practice squad player for 3 NFL teams and even started a couple of games for the Titans.

I feel like OL is a safer pick than many of the other positions on the team when transitioning from a small school.

I'm not saying he can't make it. I'm just saying that IF if he winds up playing D1 FB, it will be an adjustment. Tyler Marz of Springfield, MN was another Class A kid who wound up having a good career at Wisconsin. He has been a practice squad player for 3 NFL teams and even started a couple of games for the Titans.
Brewster tried to recruit März by flying in a helicopter down to watch him play. Tried to land on the 50 yard line, Springfield school officials said no, nada.

Brewster tried to recruit März by flying in a helicopter down to watch him play. Tried to land on the 50 yard line, Springfield school officials said no, nada.
It was Jimmy Gjere, Beau Allen, and Seantrel Henderson.

Top Bottom