Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

It would be really nice if ‘21 commit Austin Booker could convince his line mate to jump in the boat...

This, but boat not car:

wpid-say-goodbye-to-your-friends.png

IMO 22 is huge for Fleck in state. There are a number of outside the Metro kids that may be deserving of a scholarship. Hope they can get on campus for a visit and camp. This will build the connections throughout the state and possibly future walk on’s

Sounds like the OT at Marshall is a MN lean. Burns did a write up on ‘22 yesterday.

IMO 22 is huge for Fleck in state. There are a number of outside the Metro kids that may be deserving of a scholarship. Hope they can get on campus for a visit and camp. This will build the connections throughout the state and possibly future walk on’s

Sounds like the OT at Marshall is a MN lean. Burns did a write up on ‘22 yesterday.

Really excited to see what this 2022 class looks like. There are a lot of big time players listed in the targets and high choice section on 247. Obviously we will be going to war with a lot of top programs for these guys but even if just a few of them come on board we will be looking at a level of player unlike what we have been able to land around here. Bixby is a great start assuming we are able to keep him in the boat.

Is camp season this summer expected to go on as normal? I know camps are a nice recruiting tool, especially for kids maybe a bit under the radar.

Recent Gopher offer:

Still working the pipeline from Illinois.

Not surprising given the amount of success we have had recruiting in the state of Illinois recently. I would expect us to be in on a number of guys from that part of the country again in 2022.

Saw somewhere the other day that Holloman might be a football lean instead of basketball for 2022. Sound like Pitino and Fleck are both working him hard.

I think there is more talent in Minnesota this year then is being advertised at this time by sites like 247. Scrolling through that site I found a guy from Minneapolis North named Chester Watley who has a PSU offer already. He is a 6’4” 305 pound guard. Also I think Rashad McKinley is a solid looking prospect from Hill Murray, either at DB or WR.

I think there is more talent in Minnesota this year then is being advertised at this time by sites like 247. Scrolling through that site I found a guy from Minneapolis North named Chester Watley who has a PSU offer already. He is a 6’4” 305 pound guard. Also I think Rashad McKinley is a solid looking prospect from Hill Murray, either at DB or WR.

I would bet the recruiting sites are all way behind right now due to 2020. Camps were cancelled and seasons shortened. Lot less information for them right now to use in setting up their evaluations of the 2022 kids.

Wouldn't shock me if the 2022 recruiting rankings are a little more all over the place than they typically are, especially for guys that commit early to a school. They will probably be playing catchup all season in terms of evaluations.

I would bet the recruiting sites are all way behind right now due to 2020. Camps were cancelled and seasons shortened. Lot less information for them right now to use in setting up their evaluations of the 2022 kids.

Wouldn't shock me if the 2022 recruiting rankings are a little more all over the place than they typically are, especially for guys that commit early to a school. They will probably be playing catchup all season in terms of evaluations.

Yeah gonna be a lot of "Can you belive this guy was a 3 star!?!!?!?" kinda stuf, and "Look at how wrong these ratings were!!!" articles, but really 2020 I think has thrown a wrench in the system.

Yeah gonna be a lot of "Can you belive this guy was a 3 star!?!!?!?" kinda stuf, and "Look at how wrong these ratings were!!!" articles, but really 2020 I think has thrown a wrench in the system.

Think it was more like a case of wrenches, or maybe one really huge one like they have on the sidelines at some games.

Attachments

• Wrench.jpg
    Wrench.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 6

Think it was more like a case of wrenches, or maybe one really huge one like they have on the sidelines at some games.

I still want to know what that is all about, but I also like that it's kinda a mystery ;)

2022 Classes starting to gain commitments. Ohio State at 10 already, Penn State 7, Rutgers 6, Maryland and Michigan 5. Signing day is 10 months away.

The rest all have 3 or fewer in the Big Ten

2022 Classes starting to gain commitments. Ohio State at 10 already, Penn State 7, Rutgers 6, Maryland and Michigan 5. Signing day is 10 months away.

The rest all have 3 or fewer in the Big Ten

I would bet we will start to see some commitments here in the next few weeks. Will be fun to see how the class starts taking shape.

I would bet we will start to see some commitments here in the next few weeks. Will be fun to see how the class starts taking shape.
Will kids get on campus during their spring breaks to see it in person? I don't see an early class this year. We'll see.

This is going to be an odd recruitment cycle. Summer camps, workouts, seasonal schedules, and other football activities have been altered or cancelled since they completed their sophomore seasons.

going to be a real rough year for the "late bloomers" that are out there. lack of tape, lack of contact. makes me wonder if they'll push NSD back
Good year for the also ran programs who will benefit from those kids.

going to be a real rough year for the "late bloomers" that are out there. lack of tape, lack of contact. makes me wonder if they'll push NSD back

The amount of transfers in the next couple of years are going to be exponentially high. Going to be lots of kids who prove to be dominant at G5/FCS schools who transfer to high end programs since they just didn't get that look in HS and at camps from coaches and evaluators, but also kids who end up at top 10/25/etc schools who clearly don't belong and transfer down.

The amount of transfers in the next couple of years are going to be exponentially high. Going to be lots of kids who prove to be dominant at G5/FCS schools who transfer to high end programs since they just didn't get that look in HS and at camps from coaches and evaluators, but also kids who end up at top 10/25/etc schools who clearly don't belong and transfer down.
There’s already more kids entering the portal than can be absorbed by new teams. That’s why I think it’s unlikely we see a bunch of QBs transfers away like some fear. If they want to play, they likely need to go to a FCS school. There’s probably only like a couple dozen FBS schools really looking for a transfer qb, and it’s not like they are looking to plug in a 3 star guy that’s seen little to no action for 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Top Bottom