Official 2022 Gophers Football Recruiting Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Rumors

Am I the only one worried that we don’t really have any recruits when others, as previously mentioned, are booming? Not to mention it feels like we would have a dozen by this point in other years.

Last edited:

Am I the only worried that we don’t really have any recruits when others, as previously mentioned, are booming? Not to mention it feels like we would have a dozen by this point in other years.
I'm not worried. Kill wouldn't have it first commit until summer some times typically.

Am I the only worried that we don’t really have any recruits when others, as previously mentioned, are booming? Not to mention it feels like we would have a dozen by this point in other years.
Little bit.

Am I the only one worried that we don’t really have any recruits when others, as previously mentioned, are booming? Not to mention it feels like we would have a dozen by this point in other years.
Nope, I have a nice buzz, much needed after that thing called a basketball game.

When have we ever had anywhere close to a dozen at this point? I believe we only had Eastern at this point last year. I don’t think we had anyone at this point two years ago.

Last edited:

No reason to be overly concerned at this point. We are still very early in the 2022 process and I have no doubt we will start to see some additional commitments in the relatively near future.

I wouldn't worry. Fleck will start his early boatload started soon enough. He likes to secure early commitments.

Iowa gets commitment from Kansas athlete. They beat out MN and NE from the Big Ten and Kansas State & Oklahoma State for early commitment.

3*, 6-5 240lbs athlete??

From exurb of KC, no idea how big his school was, but guessing he never left the field and played a lot of positions.

Assume he is projected as either TE or DE.

We were well late to that party on offers, with Nebraska and Iowa offering last year and us only offering this month.

This is going to be an odd recruitment cycle. Summer camps, workouts, seasonal schedules, and other football activities have been altered or cancelled since they completed their sophomore seasons.
Really hope summer camps can be at least held and hopefully reasonably normal.

We have a consensus 4 star, one of our higher all time guys comited.
4* DLineman from Ohio, who still has his senior season to play, and committed to us last August. Though it does say he took an unofficial visit around that time, so at least he saw the place (and when the weather was reasonable).

Hope it sticks. Mich St and Penn St offered after we did, and he stuck with us. Probably would take Ohio State offering to pry him away. But that is a wild guess.

4* DLineman from Ohio, who still has his senior season to play, and committed to us last August. Though it does say he took an unofficial visit around that time, so at least he saw the place (and when the weather was reasonable).

Hope it sticks. Mich St and Penn St offered after we did, and he stuck with us. Probably would take Ohio State offering to pry him away. But that is a wild guess.

Trey Bixby's mom I think either went to the U or is from MN, or both. I don't remember the details of an earlier post.

OSU expressed a lot of interest after he committed and wanted him to visit but he’s Kyle Goblirsch’s son and grew up a gopher fan going to games in MN so I don’t think we have to worry about anybody offering. He probably could be a buckeye if he wanted to.

He has a 5* DT teammate and a 3* QB that would look awfully good in gopher attire.

Lucas Heyer just picked up a Michigan crystal ball prediction.

He has a 5* DT teammate and a 3* QB that would look awfully good in gopher attire.
You must be thinking of Austin Booker at Center Grove who is a 21 signee. We are talking about Trey Bixby at St. Ed’s of Ohio who is a 22 commit.

I expect a flood of recruits post winter workouts. Recruiting is an around the clock thing, but I think PJ's focus is more toward the winter workouts at the moment, and most commits come when he is 100% focused on recruiting.

I expect a flood of recruits post winter workouts. Recruiting is an around the clock thing, but I think PJ's focus is more toward the winter workouts at the moment, and most commits come when he is 100% focused on recruiting.
Yeah March through June seem to be when things pick up typically.

You must be thinking of Austin Booker at Center Grove who is a 21 signee. We are talking about Trey Bixby at St. Ed’s of Ohio who is a 22 commit.
You are 100% right. I got ahead of myself. That DT is a beast though.

Kid has a jaw line like Dolph Lundgren.

filmdolph01.jpg

I like it.

Excellent news. Seemed like he'll be a great kid to have on the squad, even if he doesn't end up being an impact player (I have no idea what his skillset looks like, just was very impressed by his Burns interview a while ago).

Top Bottom