Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander has nice size for a WR. Would be fun to land all 3 of these guys...would give us a REALLY nice start to the 2021 class.

Alexander, Ortiz Jr, Riley, Athan and Dino, Eastern (who I am really excited about)...plus a few others already. Would be five 4*s already...I'm not obsessed with stars but getting higher ranked kids means you're doing something right.
Riley is technically not a 4* composite through 247 as they consider it anyone with a rating above .89 and his is exactly point .89. Regardless I agree with your post and I hope that this might be the year which we break out in recruiting and start to do at least as well as Nebraska and Maryland.

It's definitely more than a summer camp. They're a team that competes in the 7 on 7 national tournaments.

Little article about it. Maybe next time you can take 30 seconds to look up what something is before immediately telling other people that they're wrong.

Their website: https://gofordsports.com/fsp-7-7-select/#toggle-id-1

Why not get a few more teammates to complete our dream year.
Julien Simon
JT Tuimoloau

J.T. Tuimoloau would be a huge recruit monument! wow could you imagine we get a number one position or even top 10 in the nation committed to us. (even though he is not interested in us)

To see a recruit described as “one of the top defensive backs in the country,” and know that he’s likely coming here shows how far we’ve come in a few short years. We’re starting to see the fruits of an 11-2 season with wins over two helmet schools.

We had 8 decommitments in '19 and 7 in '20 --- though some of these seemed like the Gophers chose to part ways with them --- most notably being Jason Bargy whose offer was rescinded after a domestic abuse charge. Additionally Kristian Williams from the '19 class committed to us late and then flipped to Oregon.
Damn. Williams looks like he was a decent recruit. Either way, most players stay for the most part so if he's committing now I'm in. The rest is pretty much out of your control and unfortunate. PJ seems like he does a good job of maintaining communication and keeping the energy. Would love to see Alexander and Riley also come. Make me feel more confident. I'd be confident to say the kid would stay anyway.

So it was a summer camp, then. Fine. That's completely reasonable. Thanks for educating me.

No one is paying for weekly flights from Florida to Seattle, so their son can play on a 7v7 team. Otherwise, it's being footed by someone, and that is impermissible.
My daughter does this now for softball and kids I've coached for football have too. And parents foot the bill.

Damn. Williams looks like he was a decent recruit. Either way, most players stay for the most part so if he's committing now I'm in. The rest is pretty much out of your control and unfortunate. PJ seems like he does a good job of maintaining communication and keeping the energy. Would love to see Alexander and Riley also come. Make me feel more confident. I'd be confident to say the kid would stay anyway.
I think that having the 11-2 season last year will hopefully show the kids proof of concept and thus make flipping to an premier school less likely. An interesting thought is how many winning seasons does a school have to have to become a premier school. I.e. how many seasons did it take Oregon to be a new money blue blood. As an extension is Wisconsin a premier school, or someone like Va Tech?

Love that he’s going to bring people with him.
“The more guys I can help recruit to come with me, we’ll build something. I can promise you that. We’re going to have the No. 1 recruiting class in Minnesota history.”

Love that he’s going to bring people with him.
“The more guys I can help recruit to come with me, we’ll build something. I can promise you that. We’re going to have the No. 1 recruiting class in Minnesota history.”

Liking the fact that Jamari Buddin (4-star LB from Michigan we are also in on) was Tweeting at him about his commitment a few hours before. :)

Liking the fact that Jamari Buddin (4-star LB from Michigan we are also in on) was Tweeting at him about his commitment a few hours before. :)

Lookin' like heavy Michigan all over his profile but I'm not ruling anything out. Let's go!

Lookin' like heavy Michigan all over his profile but I'm not ruling anything out. Let's go!

Totally agree with you, but I'm pretty sure Ortiz's was heavy Washington up until a week or two ago. Buddin did one of the virtual visits as well. At this point, I won't doubt Fleck.

Any ideas what he may be hinting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom