Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collegiate sports have changed a lot in the last 50 years. Even special athletes like those listed above would probably only be doing one sport now.

I see Sam Jackson is back in the "Top Target" category on 247. I think he was down in the "High Choice" category after he de-committed. Anything change as to why he is back in the highest category?
Also the Greens fell down to the "Interested" category. Brady most likely had something to do with that. I'd be ok with Brady and Sam Jackson (if he chooses to be an athlete/receiver, not a QB) in lieu of the Greens. Nothing bad about the Greens, just the other option is good too.

I see Sam Jackson is back in the "Top Target" category on 247. I think he was down in the "High Choice" category after he de-committed. Anything change as to why he is back in the highest category?
Also the Greens fell down to the "Interested" category. Brady most likely had something to do with that. I'd be ok with Brady and Sam Jackson (if he chooses to be an athlete/receiver, not a QB) in lieu of the Greens. Nothing bad about the Greens, just the other option is good too.

fwiw, a 247 Notre Dame insider crystal balled Jackson to ND yesterday. He was offered by them in late March.

Noel Jenke lettered three times in football (captain) and three times in hockey at the U. And he lettered once in baseball, as well. Got drafted in all three sports. 1969 was a long time ago, but still, in the modern era. Maybe Ratzlaff is that kind of athlete? Up to the coaches, really, I guess.

You still see two sport guys at the college level but football and hockey are so close together season wise and football is so demanding that I just don't see how it would be possible to do both at a high level.

Ratzlafff is a high level baseball player as well. A football/baseball combo is absolutely doable but doesn't sound like that is really being talked about much with him. Sounds like he is very much aware that he needs to pick one sport or the other.

The person doing his edits is really solid. Been a fan of a lot of his content.
Wonder if it is him or has a good friend doing this. Regardless he is behind it one way or another as to creativity and that is a good thing for him and his career in the long run.

Crystal ball 24/7 is Washington for whatever that is worth.

Wonder if it is him or has a good friend doing this. Regardless he is behind it one way or another as to creativity and that is a good thing for him and his career in the long run.

I like him merely for putting Goldie in the middle.

From what I've seen on twitter Ortiz and Philip Riley, another CB recruit, seem to retweet eachother's posts. I've only gone on twitter since coronavirus so I don't know if that's indicative of anything.

From what I've seen on twitter Ortiz and Philip Riley, another CB recruit, seem to retweet eachother's posts. I've only gone on twitter since coronavirus so I don't know if that's indicative of anything.

Many think they are a package deal.

Many think they are a package deal.
Ortiz also tweeted at Brady Boyd around his commitment, and Boyd has tweeted at/retweeted both Ortiz and Riley. Hopefully that's a good sign that they're all connected, would be absolutely thrilled to get both Ortiz and Riley too

Ortiz also tweeted at Brady Boyd around his commitment, and Boyd has tweeted at/retweeted both Ortiz and Riley. Hopefully that's a good sign that they're all connected, would be absolutely thrilled to get both Ortiz and Riley too
I think Riley, Ortiz, and Junior Alexander did the virtual tour thing together.

20200408_194108.jpg

A poster on another board said that 95% of the UW board posters think they have lost him to us.

Fleck and all of the Minnesota players liked his post about announcing tomorrow night.

None of the UW coaches or players did.

I think Riley, Ortiz, and Junior Alexander did the virtual tour thing together.

View attachment 7534
Those 3 all play for/train with FSP it seems like, so it makes sense that they’d be connected. I was surprised that there seemed to be a Boyd connection to them, not sure what the cause would be besides mutual gopher interest.
Also loved seeing Athan tweeting at them.

Those predictions were from mid March.

The coming of the Second Empire Class? The Gophers are reloading...

Those 3 all play for/train with FSP it seems like, so it makes sense that they’d be connected. I was surprised that there seemed to be a Boyd connection to them, not sure what the cause would be besides mutual gopher interest.
Also loved seeing Athan tweeting at them.
Pardon me but what is FSP?

Can I also point out how nuts this would be if it lands? We offered him three weeks ago (3/20) and he's only been on a virtual visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom