Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've got both guys on 247 tonight going gophers...oh my.....here we go!

His recent twitter follows are all Gopher players, coaches and commits. I like our chances here.

Now we need to get the kid named Rod Orr. Not rated, and probably an Ole Miss guy, but purely for his last name, he needs to be here. Hard to Row without an "Orr".

Of course a paddle works too.......

Awesome video. Our guys clearly would love him on the team. I'm hopeful based on previous comments of you guys.

Starting to get more west coast/western states recruits would be huge in opening up the national recruiting game, especially highly rated recruits. If we start taking recruits from schools like Oregon, Washington, Boise State, Arizona State etc I think we are starting to really turn the corner when we talk about how the national scene views Minnesota. #itshappening

and another guy just predicted him to the Gophers!
iPfXDBo.gif

I really do want to be excited but I feel like this will be a battle up until signing day regardless of who he chooses tonight.

I really do want to be excited but I feel like this will be a battle up until signing day regardless of who he chooses tonight.

Probably, but it is fun to celebrate the moment... assuming we get to do so ;)

High school players from Arizona and Florida train at a performance facility in Bellvue, WA ?

No. Alexander trains there, sure. I don't see any reason why Ortiz or Riley would've ever been there.

All of them play on FSP's 7v7 team--that's not in question. Riley is originally from Seattle.

All of them play on FSP's 7v7 team--that's not in question. Riley is originally from Seattle.
These kids fly from Arizona and Florida, to Seattle, to play 7v7. Like, weekly flights?

I don't believe that. Was it a 1-2 week camp or something much more reasonable that you're talking about?

Riley
9682799.JPG

Ortiz
9665345.JPG

Alexander
9665320.JPG

As to the logistics, couldn't tell you. I would imagine that similar to other club sports, they do a lot of tournaments during the summer.

Edit: looks like the links didn't work, will embed the images directly

We hung on to our class for the most part last year. If we have a good season like I believe we will, we'll succeed.

We hung on to our class for the most part last year. If we have a good season like I believe we will, we'll succeed.
Who did we lose from last years class? Just wondering the numbers on how many kids typically do make a move after committing at this point?

As to the logistics, couldn't tell you.
So it was a summer camp, then. Fine. That's completely reasonable. Thanks for educating me.

No one is paying for weekly flights from Florida to Seattle, so their son can play on a 7v7 team. Otherwise, it's being footed by someone, and that is impermissible.

Riley
9682799.JPG

Ortiz
9665345.JPG

Alexander
9665320.JPG

As to the logistics, couldn't tell you. I would imagine that similar to other club sports, they do a lot of tournaments during the summer.

Edit: looks like the links didn't work, will embed the images directly

I don't know a ton about it, but it seems like it's tournaments throughout the summer. FSP is sponsored by Adidas, which might help pay for flights, etc.

On their website they mention that it is an 11 month program, not sure how that would work though.

So it was a summer camp, then. Fine. That's completely reasonable. Thanks for educating me.

No one is paying for weekly flights from Florida to Seattle, so their son can play on a 7v7 team. Otherwise, it's being footed by someone, and that is impermissible.
It's definitely more than a summer camp. They're a team that competes in the 7 on 7 national tournaments.

Little article about it. Maybe next time you can take 30 seconds to look up what something is before immediately telling other people that they're wrong.

Their website: https://gofordsports.com/fsp-7-7-select/#toggle-id-1

It's definitely more than a summer camp. They're a team that competes in the 7 on 7 national tournaments.

Little article about it. Maybe next time you can take 30 seconds to look up what something is before immediately telling other people that they're wrong.

Their website: https://gofordsports.com/fsp-7-7-select/#toggle-id-1

QUIT DROWNING HIM IN FACTS! LET HIM BE ANGRY!

It seems like its what the shoe circuits are for basketball. I mean this nicely--most kids parents aren't footing the bill for their kids to fly to 8-10 out of state hoops tourneys in a spring/summer. That is all covered, along with hotels, food, whatever, by the shoe companies.

Alexander has nice size for a WR. Would be fun to land all 3 of these guys...would give us a REALLY nice start to the 2021 class.

Alexander, Ortiz Jr, Riley, Athan and Dino, Eastern (who I am really excited about)...plus a few others already. Would be five 4*s already...I'm not obsessed with stars but getting higher ranked kids means you're doing something right.

Who did we lose from last years class? Just wondering the numbers on how many kids typically do make a move after committing at this point?
We had 8 decommitments in '19 and 7 in '20 --- though some of these seemed like the Gophers chose to part ways with them --- most notably being Jason Bargy whose offer was rescinded after a domestic abuse charge. Additionally Kristian Williams from the '19 class committed to us late and then flipped to Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom