Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree about Andries. He was in the 2017 recruiting class (pre-P.J.). I’m trying to think of a scholarship OL player we got from Minnesota in the 2018, -19, -20 or so far in 2021 recruiting classes. None come to mind (I’m probably forgetting someone). The State has produced some decent OL men in those recruiting classes. I like the out-of-state guys we did get, but do wish that we could pull a few top OL recruits from Minnesota HSs. Not sure why I feel this way, just do ...
Nathan Boe and if you're willing to count St Croix Falls, Tyler Cooper.

I agree about Andries. He was in the 2017 recruiting class (pre-P.J.). I’m trying to think of a scholarship OL player we got from Minnesota in the 2018, -19, -20 or so far in 2021 recruiting classes. None come to mind (I’m probably forgetting someone). The State has produced some decent OL men in those recruiting classes. I like the out-of-state guys we did get, but do wish that we could pull a few top OL recruits from Minnesota HSs. Not sure why I feel this way, just do ...

Refer to Post #2817 to see the current roster for OLs.

If there is a cause for concern, IMHO the Gophers need to get the OL Room 18-20 OLs at any given time.

If more of the upper classmen linemen opt out for one reason or another, the Gophers can quickly become paper thin at this critical position.

If the Gophers can recruit/PWO in 2021 and 2022 four OLs in each class, I'd feel much better. It takes time to develop OL. Star ratings don't always pan out for various reason. In person evaluations are real critical which is hampered by Covid.

Refer to Post #2817 to see the current roster for OLs.

If there is a cause for concern, IMHO the Gophers need to get the OL Room 18-20 OLs at any given time.

If more of the upper classmen linemen opt out for one reason or another, the Gophers can quickly become paper thin at this critical position.

If the Gophers can recruit/PWO in 2021 and 2022 four OLs in each class, I'd feel much better. It takes time to develop OL. Star ratings don't always pan out for various reason. In person evaluations are real critical which is hampered by Covid.

If, as some have said, Faalele might opt out of 2020 season and Dunlap is out with an ACL (don't know if either is true), we are already really thin at OL. A couple of key injuries on the OL and the season could turn (our win-the time-of-possession model could really suffer), unless our young and athletic defense becomes effective very quickly. A lot of unknowns right now.

If, as some have said, Faalele might opt out of 2020 season and Dunlap is out with an ACL (don't know if either is true), we are already really thin at OL. A couple of key injuries on the OL and the season could turn (our win-the time-of-possession model could really suffer), unless our young and athletic defense becomes effective very quickly. A lot of unknowns right now.

Well, we definitely will be more thin (if the above are true - hoping not!), but as far starters, we have Schmitz (who was already basically a rotating starter) and Axel Ruschmeyer (played well against Auburn) should be ready to go. After that, it gets interesting though.

Can't believe we haven't heard about Dunlap if that is true. As to Faalele, I believe he would be making a mistake by not playing unless he has health issues that I'm not aware of.

Well, we definitely will be more thin (if the above are true - hoping not!), but as far starters, we have Schmitz (who was already basically a rotating starter) and Axel Ruschmeyer (played well against Auburn) should be ready to go. After that, it gets interesting though.
He did? I know we lost Faalele during Wisconsin, but I thought Dunlap played during Auburn?

EDIT: he definitely shows up in the participation chart, but it's impossible to infer anything from that. That could've simply been blocking on PAT's, for example. I believe you that he went in for Dunlap at some point, just don't remember it. Dunlap for sure started the game.

He did? I know we lost Faalele during Wisconsin, but I thought Dunlap played during Auburn?

EDIT: he definitely shows up in the participation chart, but it's impossible to infer anything from that. That could've simply been blocking on PAT's, for example. I believe you that he went in for Dunlap at some point, just don't remember it. Dunlap for sure started the game.
Ruschmeyer def played the bowl game. I remember seeing his name in the starting OL on the TV lineups and it caught my attention as I didn't know who he was at that time.

Also, just for official confirmation: https://gophersports.com/sports/football/roster/axel-ruschmeyer/18353

I believe for the bowl game vs Auburn they had a running rotation on OL. I believe this was to try to cover for not having Faalele and to try to keep everyone fresh vs Auburn's DL, but maybe I'm mis-remembering?

You can watch the tape of the game and he was definitely playing on normal offensive series.

Can't believe we haven't heard about Dunlap if that is true. As to Faalele, I believe he would be making a mistake by not playing unless he has health issues that I'm not aware of.
Just to confirm, we are bleeding angst from one random, unsubstantiated, unconfirmed, perhaps drunken comment from LesBolstad?

Just to confirm, we are bleeding angst from one random, unsubstantiated, unconfirmed, perhaps drunken comment from LesBolstad?

This is a great point. My friend who is on the pay boards said there is no mention of any of this on there.

We're doing rumors now?

I heard I heard Faalele went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant!

THIS! ^

Les is just being a sourpuss because he was deeply personally offended when Bateman opted out and his POTUS is in dire straights, to boot - just a wounded animal lashing out.

This is a great point. My friend who is on the pay boards said there is no mention of any of this on there.
Les and Pete Smith seem to be converging at least from an intellect and accuracy standpoint

Les and Pete Smith seem to be converging at least from an intellect and accuracy standpoint

Les has contributed zero on this board for a long, long time. He pretty much gives out his little golden douche award (fitting considering the source) and then says other lame, inflammatory stuff of no substance.

Ruschmeyer def played the bowl game. I remember seeing his name in the starting OL on the TV lineups and it caught my attention as I didn't know who he was at that time.

Also, just for official confirmation: https://gophersports.com/sports/football/roster/axel-ruschmeyer/18353
You can watch the tape of the game and he was definitely playing on normal offensive series.
Here is YouTube of the game that cuts out commercials and what not but has all the action.
I did not watch every series, by far. But I did click through it at a few spots. Probably spot checked five or six drives throughout the game. Every time, the OL was: Schlueter (70), Olson (64), JMS (60), Dunlap (51), Andries (77).

I did happen to notice one time that Ruschmeyer (65) got in the game as a fullback, down on the goal line. For what little it's worth, his jersey was much fresher than the other OL at that point.

No point in arguing over this, especially if Less made that crap up about Dunlap's ACL.

Last edited:

Here is YouTube of the game that cuts out commercials and what not but has all the action.
I did not watch every series, by far. But I did click through it at a few spots. Probably spot checked five or six drives throughout the game. Every time, the OL was: Schlueter (70), Olson (64), JMS (60), Dunlap (51), Andries (77).

I did happen to notice one time that Ruschmeyer (65) got in the game as a fullback, down on the goal line. For what little it's worth, his jersey was much fresher than the other OL at that point.

No point in arguing over this, especially if Less made that crap up about Dunlap's ACL.

Just a side note, if you check his bio, it even mentions he recovered a fumble in the game. There weren't any fumbles on PATs, so had to be during a normal series. Either way, he has some game experience and Tanner mentioned him as well specifically as someone coming on in his presser last week

I believe we need to get the baby sitters from this site to get us back on track and get rid of the nitpicking between posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom