Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow actually per his Twitter

Looks like he would be another solid get for this class. 247 has him ranked on the edge of being a 4* guy so would seem like a strong candidate to get a possible bump at some point. If Cameron James commits as well at some point that would be a couple nice grabs for the offensive and defensive lines in this class.

Someday.... BAM! 10 4-Star recruits in one class! If you are an adversary coach, you don't want PJ Fleck to have idle time in isolation. He can recruit from the planet Mars without an on-campus visit.

Someday.... BAM! 10 4-Star recruits in one class! If you are an adversary coach, you don't want PJ Fleck to have idle time in isolation. He can recruit from the planet Mars without an on-campus visit.

I have heard that Fleck not only has an awesome tour of the village, but he has actual instructors talk to the parents about their child's education. The parents love that part.

We had an ok defense this past year, but it seems to me that we are on the verge of building a defense much like our offense.

In the bag.

Irving on May 9th.
Perry on May 10th.

The dates are flexible, but I think it’s looking good for those two.

Time for some OL commits...
Did those guys both announce those dates recently?

Also, what do we trust more: 247 Composite or 247's own ranking? I tend to pick whichever one's higher when we get a recruit haha

Did those guys both announce those dates recently?

Also, what do we trust more: 247 Composite or 247's own ranking? I tend to pick whichever one's higher when we get a recruit haha

Perry announced his commitment on May 10th.

Irving might be on May 9th....

Perry announced his commitment on May 10th.

Irving might be on May 9th....

That's a nice feature you have there with 247. I haven't seen that. Cool

Found that on the main menu. Nice

lost our spot in the top 5 Iowa is now beating us!!
Who Hates...???

Who Hates...???
Kind of interesting looking at Iwoa versus us. Right now anyways, we're getting 'cruits that are quick and fast, they're getting big blob bodies. It'll balance out I'm sure as more players commit. I do think having the quickest players on the field makes a difference, versus the days of huge road graders. Note that "quick" doesn't necessarily mean "fast". I don't need a lineman to have a great 40 time, but that first step on a pulling assignment can be big deal.

Albert Regis is a man. 300lbs and not fat. Love his build. Very excited for him
I like "shorter" interior DL. They can get under the taller OL of today's standards (seems like 6'3" at a minimum and often 6'5" for centers and guards at P5).

What is the latest on Jamari Buddin? Is anyone seeing anything that indicates that he has a legit interest in Gopher Nation?

Who Hates...???
Like 75% of Iowa's current class is from Iowa. We need to put something in the water down there so they have to recruit elsewhere.

I think we'll get Regis and Perry for sure. Feeling good about those. This class is fun. I understand a lot can change in 7 1/2 months but that doesn't mean we lose a lot of guys. Maybe some decide to go elsewhere but if there is a season, and the gophers are doing well, we may replace some of those who leave with better prospects.

Pretty crazy to just casually grab guys that we don't freak out about...who would have been in the top 20% of most Gopher classes

Is it strange that PJ has me thinking we need to be "Elite." When someone is like a 3 star recruit with .85 rating I start to wonder if that is what is going to help us win national championships. I trust the process PJ has and really like the size and athleticism of the people we are getting. Just curious to how my brain has shifted thinking. I used to just want an 11-2 season once every 8 years and being competitive every year. Now I think we can compete with the big boys. As a Minnesota fan I am starting to hate this optimism I am feeling. Normally, it just means we will only win 5 games the next season we play. This is different. This feels like this program defining season has not stopped and it feels like next year our floor is where a typical years top would have been.

Thank you PJ for rocking recruiting and for creating a culture that is easy to believe in. This recruiting cycle makes it feel like last year did not end.

I think we'll get Regis and Perry for sure. Feeling good about those. This class is fun. I understand a lot can change in 7 1/2 months but that doesn't mean we lose a lot of guys. Maybe some decide to go elsewhere but if there is a season, and the gophers are doing well, we may replace some of those who leave with better prospects.

Pretty crazy to just casually grab guys that we don't freak out about...who would have been in the top 20% of most Gopher classes
I feel pretty good about Irving too to be honest. Michigan looks like they might be prioritizing some higher rated guys, one an instate guy in Edwards. Illinois has one commit at this point. Purdue, I don't think that's an attractive place for a rb compared to Minnesota. Iowa I think will be the main competition.

I like "shorter" interior DL. They can get under the taller OL of today's standards (seems like 6'3" at a minimum and often 6'5" for centers and guards at P5).

JERRY BALL!!!!! One of my all time favorite players.

1588176006553.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom