Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone, but look at our history over time. We do have talent in this state. You say that they are all knowing and have it figured out. Well the TG QB has received national attention since his freshman year and just turned 16. Bright kid with high character, the same teams that Morgan was being recruiter from his senior year, everyone wants to hack on our local kids, I think you give all these top athletes in our state the benefit of the doubt rather then running around the country and giving these kids with no connection to our state or families any program that is successful does it that way. Why do think Nebraska, Michigan, NW brought one of their own home to lead the team.
Well so far Frost hasn't done anything at Nebraska. Harbaugh isn't much different in that regard and is not a home state kid. He came from CA high school football. And Fitzgerald was planning on going to out of state Notre Dame If it had been up to him.

Even more important to keep our local talent because of the smaller numbers, we have only one D1 program in the state, look how many larger programs there are in the southern states, in addition to more interest. If our kids where in the south the majority of them would have Div 1 offers by their freshman/sophmore year. These southern schools do not even recruit the state because of that fact. The coaches at the University know that and will sit on a kid they like and give them a PWO.

I believe Nebraska is relying on some Minnesota boys. I really do not want to compare professional football to college, not to interesting to me. The point that I was attempting to present utilizing Morgan as the analogy is that we have talent in our state, the QB from TG is faster, taller, has been recognized on a national level for his accuracy at 16 and plays for one of the strongest programs in the state, he has two FBS offers yet the only comments are that the kid is no good because the gophers have not recognized him. If you do not think these top kids are all connected in the state and have the low down on everything you are nuts. There is strength in numbers, and when you get the majority of the local kids to decide and want to play with each other for their home program you will have continued success.
Nobody thinks the kid is "no good". He will probably be a good G5/FCS QB - that is a heck of an accomplishment, far more than I did in my football career. Nobody has an issue with the kid, it just seems clear that he is not a B10 QB. If he proves me wrong and wins us a Big Ten championship, etc., I will be more than happy to eat all the crow in the world, but it's quite obvious you are just here to promote that kid and that's a shame, because I'm sure he's a great kid and football player.

I agree with everyone, but look at our history over time. We do have talent in this state. You say that they are all knowing and have it figured out. Well the TG QB has received national attention since his freshman year and just turned 16. Bright kid with high character, the same teams that Morgan was being recruiter from his senior year, everyone wants to hack on our local kids, I think you give all these top athletes in our state the benefit of the doubt rather then running around the country and giving these kids with no connection to our state or families any program that is successful does it that way. Why do think Nebraska, Michigan, NW brought one of their own home to lead the team.

First off, nobody has ever said the staff was all knowing or has it all figured out, not one single person. The staff recruits the top guys in state that they feel can play at this level and they bring in a lot of the second tier guys as preferred walk ons.

In the end we know this all comes back down to one player who you feel the staff is not recruiting enough.

Your last line exposes you as the biggest fraud out there. 2020 recruiting classes
Michigan - 3 of the top 10 in-state recruits and 4 Michigan kids in their entire class
Northwestern - 1 of the top 10 in-state recruits and 4 Illinois kids in their entire class
Nebraska - 2 of the top 10 in-state recruits and 2 Nebraska kids in their entire class

So yeah, the head coach has ties to the school but that doesn't mean he is filling the class with in-state kids. Shocker, those guys are going out and finding kids all over the country just like Fleck is doing with the Gophers.

Michigan is like the # 2-3 attendance in the country at the level of Ohio their coach grew up and played for the team.
NW has been at the level of Minnesota for years and is an Academic School, their running back and receiver are from Minnesota. Their coach played for the team and is a lifer.
Nebraska we lost a few of our boys to them, games are sold out for decades, nothing else for those poor souls do do. Their coach played and is a lifer.

First off, nobody has ever said the staff was all knowing or has it all figured out, not one single person. The staff recruits the top guys in state that they feel can play at this level and they bring in a lot of the second tier guys as preferred walk ons.

In the end we know this all comes back down to one player who you feel the staff is not recruiting enough.

Your last line exposes you as the biggest fraud out there. 2020 recruiting classes
Michigan - 3 of the top 10 in-state recruits and 4 Michigan kids in their entire class
Northwestern - 1 of the top 10 in-state recruits and 4 Illinois kids in their entire class
Nebraska - 2 of the top 10 in-state recruits and 2 Nebraska kids in their entire class

So yeah, the head coach has ties to the school but that doesn't mean he is filling the class with in-state kids. Shocker, those guys are going out and finding kids all over the country just like Fleck is doing with the Gophers.
Ok, but surely Alabama's roster is 90% or more from Alabama right?
LSU probably has 70-80 kids from Louisiana, right?
Certainly Clemson is mostly SC kids?

Ok, but surely Alabama's roster is 90% or more from Alabama right?
LSU probably has 70-80 kids from Louisiana, right?
Certainly Clemson is mostly SC kids?
Why is everyone attempting to compare us to these programs after one season?

Why is everyone attempting to compare us to these programs after one season?
I'm not, not at all. My point is every program, from the top ones to the bottom, recruits out of state plenty. All of your attempted examples have been disproven, I was just trying to add a little humor/sarcasm to the conversation (admittedly a poor attempt).

The point that I was attempting to present utilizing Morgan as the analogy is that we have talent in our state, the QB from TG is faster, taller, has been recognized on a national level for his accuracy at 16 and plays for one of the strongest programs in the state, he has two FBS offers yet the only comments are that the kid is no good because the gophers have not recognized him.

Nobody has said your kid is no good just because he hasn't been offered by the Gophers. What has been said is that at this point coaches around the country don't feel he is good enough to play at the Power 5 level.

Clearly you don't agree but the people whose livelihood depends on finding the best players, especially the best QBs don't feel he is good enough to run a power 5 offense for one reason or another.

He has another season to earn those scholarship offers. Maybe it will work out for him and maybe it won't. But you need to stop with the constant touting of the kid because nobody on this forum has any say in whether or not your kid gets recruited.

Even more important to keep our local talent because of the smaller numbers, we have only one D1 program in the state, look how many larger programs there are in the southern states, in addition to more interest. If our kids where in the south the majority of them would have Div 1 offers by their freshman/sophmore year. These southern schools do not even recruit the state because of that fact. The coaches at the University know that and will sit on a kid they like and give them a PWO.

We try to keep our local talent. Whats kid went to Nebraska that didn't have mn offers?

We can't force kids to stay

Michigan is like the # 2-3 attendance in the country at the level of Ohio their coach grew up and played for the team.
NW has been at the level of Minnesota for years and is an Academic School, their running back and receiver are from Minnesota. Their coach played for the team and is a lifer.
Nebraska we lost a few of our boys to them, games are sold out for decades, nothing else for those poor souls do do. Their coach played and is a lifer.

What are you even arguing at this point?

Now I know why I would never go into politics. Go Gophers! I would never give out my name in this group. But I am really rich and good looking.

He brought up Morgan as being recruited by the same schools the TG is. First off, Morgan had Louisville and Wake Forest offers. In addition, I’ve been told by someone who would know that he didn’t go around to a bunch of camps collecting offers, otherwise he would have had more. I’m not suggesting he was highly recruited, but he was viewed as a better prospect than this TG QB. Maybe he’ll go to C. Michigan and be a stud....play in the NFL, and break all of Brees’ records. As of now, the reality is he’s not viewed as a viable P5 QB

Bring them all on! Every top kid from the state every year. You would double your attendance over time. How many people come to your local high school game without having a connection with someone on the team?

Will Gopher games now be $10 or less tickets, free parking, and a 15 minute drive from my home?

Something positive to get this thread back on track from Tommyboy's unhinged ramblings.

Geers looks like a great pickup and probably bodes well for the throw to the TE crowd if he is coming here :)

12 P5 offers for him ~10.5 months before early signing day. I think we got a good one.

12 P5 offers for him ~10.5 months before early signing day. I think we got a good one.

Love that he has offers from every team in the West with the exception of Nebraska. Three commits from Illinois already (had a 4th in Jackson until recently) in this class. Clearly the staff is making some nice headway down there.

How’s that NW attendance? Stadium was empty when we played hen last year.

They need more home state prospects. Clearly you missed the point

I for one am still trying to figure out what his point was. His last few posts just got weird.

2021 class is off to a nice start. Exciting to see what kind of return we get on the success from last year. Gotta believe some recruits are giving us more of a look then they might have in the past.

Nice to have all these guys prior to the upcoming signing date! Clearly a change for us where we rarely had commitments prior to February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom