Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

We got a crystal ball for OT Cameron James from Allen Trieu. CB Jimmy Wyrick from Texas is probably someone to keep an eye on as well. Hes a Minnesota legacy. Joe Alt from Totino Grace has been mentioned...believe he’s an Iowa legacy with them looking an early favorite. Outside of that, not a ton of buzz. I’m sure we’ll start seeing visitors in the coming months.

Like his frame a lot, a bit concerned that he's in Illinois and doesn't have an offer from Northwestern or UI.

247 has him rated at a 87, and he's a 5.6 on Rivals. No rating yet from ESPN (shocker).

Like his frame a lot, a bit concerned that he's in Illinois and doesn't have an offer from Northwestern or UI.

247 has him rated at a 87, and he's a 5.6 on Rivals. No rating yet from ESPN (shocker).

Not a concern to me. One, it’s very early still. Two, those schools have not shown to be impressive identifiers of o line talent.

I would add Ryan Keeler, DE from Nazareth Academy in Illinois. My understanding is that he is coming to Minnesota and Nebraska this month.

I have no idea if we can lan him, but he released a top 10 last fall and we weren't on it.
That was before our historic season. His father then reached out to P.J. following I believe it was the Penn St game to talk about his sons future.

Would be nice to grab both Geers and James within the next month or two with some good recruiting momentum heading into summer visits. This class looks like it might be their best yet.

Anyone hearing anything on targets we are in on? I know Jameson Geers and the Green brothers have visited a little more recently I believe, but haven't heard anything else. Would think we would have a solid chance to get one soon based on history.

247 has this story about Geers coming up here for a visit. Reading that I would say our chances of landing him are super high. Really impressive offer list including everyone in the West not named Nebraska. Went to same high school as Mariano Sori-Marin.

TG's QB next year will out perform Gophers 2021 commit when their time comes to play in college.

TG's QB next year will out perform Gophers 2021 commit when their time comes to play in college.

Dude, we get it. I really hope it works out for this kid, but if he is going to camps and what not, there is a reason he is not getting much love (not pretending I know what that reason is). Hopefully he blows up, has a big year and attracts the attention you feel he deserves.

But until that happens you can sing his praises all you want but it won't change the fact that currently the Gophers and most other teams have not offered. You are clearly very invested in this kid and his future and like I said, I honestly hope it all works out for him in the end.

Dude, we get it. I really hope it works out for this kid, but if he is going to camps and what not, there is a reason he is not getting much love (not pretending I know what that reason is). Hopefully he blows up, has a big year and attracts the attention you feel he deserves.

But until that happens you can sing his praises all you want but it won't change the fact that currently the Gophers and most other teams have not offered. You are clearly very invested in this kid and his future and like I said, I honestly hope it all works out for him in the end.

I am guessing this is some kids Dad or relative?

I am not sure how productive stuff like this is. If it is a good kid they would be embarrassed. If not they could be viewed as a product of their environment or just not want to deal with a problematic parent or family member. The moral of the story, if I am reading this right is STOP IT, you could costing the kid opportunities.

I am guessing this is some kids Dad or relative?

I am not sure how productive stuff like this is. If it is a good kid they would be embarrassed. If not they could be viewed as a product of their environment or just not want to deal with a problematic parent or family member. The moral of the story, if I am reading this right is STOP IT, you could costing the kid opportunities.

I don't think Tommyboy coming in here and talking up the kid is going to have any impact on anything. None of us have any control on whether or not the Gophers recruit him. Tommyboy is clearly very passionate about the kids future but it does zero good to come in here touting this kid over our currently committed future QB.

Tanner Morgan is the perfect example of someone who was under-recruited coming out of high school. But he is the exception more then the rule. Typically if nobody is offering there is a reason. maybe they are all wrong but there is a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom