Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 2 four star receivers with good offer lists. Would be nice to get them. I see where Patterson and Simon are listed as the coaches recruiting them. Interesting. Bryson is a 247 top 300 player.

Yeah, both those kids look really impressive. I have to believe that WR all over the country are taking a long look at us with what TJ and Bateman have done the past few seasons. Still can't get used to the idea of us being a potential destination school for WRs given how hard it has been traditionally to recruit those guys to MN.

Yeah, both those kids look really impressive. I have to believe that WR all over the country are taking a long look at us with what TJ and Bateman have done the past few seasons. Still can't get used to the idea of us being a potential destination school for WRs given how hard it has been traditionally to recruit those guys to MN.
Not to mention we have a great QB verballed here for that same 2021 class. WR's should take note to what is currently happening as well as what we have on the roster and be thinking good things.

Ratzlaff could absolutely be a great college football player but it appears his future is in the NFL. That said he is apparently a great baseball player as well.
He is committed to the Gophers, but in hockey.

13 wins in 3 years apparently doesn’t phase these kids.
Still gonna take some time for the 90's/90's/early 2000's luster of Nebraska football to wear off and for people to wake up from this fantasy that Lincoln has the potential to be Alabama in football.

Their ceiling, especially in the Big Ten, is Iowa City. They should try to get to that level, at least.

Nebraska's hayday was mostly in the Big 8, where Oklahoma was their main (only) competition. Once the Big 8 merged with the Texas schools, after the first few years Nebraska started dying off. Even more so when they finally got their dream (from the early 1900's) of being admitted into the Big 10. It's a shell of what it once was.

Was looking through some 2021 targets and noticed one kid listed is a 3 star DB from Texas named Jimmy Wyrick. His dad was a really solid player for us who had a decent run in the NFL despite being undersized. Hopefully he wants to follow in his old man's footsteps and head up North to the U of M.

Sorry if it has been posted in this thread already but here is the younger Wyrick's 247 profile.

Was looking through some 2021 targets and noticed one kid listed is a 3 star DB from Texas named Jimmy Wyrick. His dad was a really solid player for us who had a decent run in the NFL despite being undersized. Hopefully he wants to follow in his old man's footsteps and head up North to the U of M.

Sorry if it has been posted in this thread already but here is the younger Wyrick's 247 profile.

14 P5 offers already, and for a kid who I would consider undersized. He must be a hell of a player and hopefully he is interested in being a legacy.

k9WHeEt.png

Would certainly think a picture like that bodes well in our recruitment of the young man :)

I really liked his dad, makes me feel old though that he is old enough to have a kid playing at the U in the near future potentially.

Former gopher wr Arland Bruce also has a son that has Iowa and Iowa state offers, I think we are recruiting as well.

Former gopher wr Arland Bruce also has a son that has Iowa and Iowa state offers, I think we are recruiting as well.

Sure enough. Arland will always hold a special spot in the hearts of Gopher fans for his catch on the deflected pass against PSU in 1999. Here's his son:

Sure enough. Arland will always hold a special spot in the hearts of Gopher fans for his catch on the deflected pass against PSU in 1999. Here's his son:

Not a deflection. Johnson caught it, and did a quick lateral back to Arland thinking he could go in for the touchdown. Pretty sure that's what happened... :unsure:

When we do start worrying about having too many commitments and not enough scholarships?

But to 2021 recruiting, I'm really hoping this past year will help with winning a few more battles.

I wonder if Greens are all interested in playing for same team? And if we'd take both. We already have 2 WR commits, alhtough one is a soft commit...

The fourth of his name!!

When we do start worrying about having too many commitments and not enough scholarships?

But to 2021 recruiting, I'm really hoping this past year will help with winning a few more battles.

I wonder if Greens are all interested in playing for same team? And if we'd take both. We already have 2 WR commits, alhtough one is a soft commit...

Sam Jackson is an athlete, it is very possible he doesn't play WR at the next level (he is a QB in HS).

I believe the Green twins are expected to sign to the same school IIRC.

I would expect that we start to see classes that aren't 100% full starting in 2021, but if we can have more guys go pro with eligibility left it will give us more spots to fill.

Sam Jackson is an athlete, it is very possible he doesn't play WR at the next level (he is a QB in HS).

I believe the Green twins are expected to sign to the same school IIRC.

I would expect that we start to see classes that aren't 100% full starting in 2021, but if we can have more guys go pro with eligibility left it will give us more spots to fill.

Going on memory, we've recruited him as WR...

4 WR's sounds like a lot to me...but we'll see.

Not a deflection. Johnson caught it, and did a quick lateral back to Arland thinking he could go in for the touchdown. Pretty sure that's what happened... :unsure:

Hate to burst your bubble but Ron even admits it in the video :) But always fun to relive that game. Would be kind of cool to have some legacies running around out there from that 1999 team.

Yes his dad was a really good player for the Gophers back in the day.

The fourth of his name!!
The 4th of his name, I still remember the final game of the 1998 season against Iowa the season we went to the Sun Bowl. That was a really good offensive game against Iowa, Arland Bruce had a huge smoke screen catch against Iowa that either went for a huge gain or a touchdown I forget which, but live that tunnel screen that Bruce caught was kind of the moment we knew the Gophers were going to beat Iowa in Iowa city that day. It has been far to long since we have beaten those guy's down there, and would be kind of fitting if another Bruce helped us beat Iowa again.

Hate to burst your bubble but Ron even admits it in the video :) But always fun to relive that game. Would be kind of cool to have some legacies running around out there from that 1999 team.

Na, definitely a catch and lateral. I asked Ron personally, that's what he recalls. All part of the plan, faked out everyone in the stadium. All part of the legend of Ron :whistle:

Last edited:

Actually, even though Dino has been playing WR, he said when he visited that he will play where the coaches want him. If we get the Greens, or similar players; I think that Dino will be a DB.

Going on memory, we've recruited him as WR...

4 WR's sounds like a lot to me...but we'll see.

yup we want him as a WR only.

but even with Dino and Jackson committed.....Fleck isn't saying no to 2 4-star WR's if they want to come here. (how crazy would that be to have 3 4-star WR's coming in this class!?)

and if things go as planned for next year we will more than likely be losing Green, Geary, & Bateman at the WR spots. Plus with so many underclassman I could see one either move postion or decide to move on. so I don't think taking 4 is our of the questions. especially with 3 of them being 4 star guys

I do think it is very important is this class that we do target and hopefully reel in a couple OT's and a couple interior Olineman though! That should be the priority. As we will be losing Schluester & Dickson as seniors and possibly Faallele at OT. Plus on the interior we don't have a ton of bodies there either

I do think it is very important is this class that we do target and hopefully reel in a couple OT's and a couple interior Olineman though! That should be the priority. As we will be losing Schluester & Dickson as seniors and possibly Faallele at OT. Plus on the interior we don't have a ton of bodies there either
Will we survive the loss of Dickson? I bet Old Bob is terrified...

2021 will not be a full class. On offense we will only have 2 seniors, Schlueter and Olson. We probably end up losing Bateman as well, so 3 total.
Defense will lose MDT, Schad, Durr, and Thomas. I’m forgetting a few others, but those are the guys that have played the most.

2021 will not be a full class. On offense we will only have 2 seniors, Schlueter and Olson. We probably end up losing Bateman as well, so 3 total.
Defense will lose MDT, Schad, Durr, and Thomas. I’m forgetting a few others, but those are the guys that have played the most.
Depends what the happens with the other classes as well. It's not solely a function of how many guys played their last year of eligibility.

June is when we need to make a haul with our next wave of commitments, coming off the momentum of the big bowl win. I think they're off to a solid start with the first couple of commitments so far.

Very high on Athan Kaliakmanis after watching his film. Size, agility, arm strength, mobility....plus it appears that he's running an offense in HS right now that's very similar to what we used with Morgan this year. Film is certainly only one component, but I like what I see.

Looking at this next recruiting class, this groups really needs to include some quality offensive linemen.

And get those brothers up here Seth!

I hope we won’t be relying on true freshmen to be replacing our starting tackles....

I hope we won’t be relying on true freshmen to be replacing our starting tackles....
I guess I wasn't assuming we would rely on a true freshman? if we do lose all 3 of them we would be extremely thin as far as bodies go at the position. We would still have guadet(who I think the coaches are extremely high on) and then the freshman we have coming in this year. but we would still need to add guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom