Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just googled him and he told Steve Wilfong “as of now” he’s 100% sure he will sign with the Gophers in February. It was from Minnesota sportsfan.com
Haha solid play on words. As of now, 100% sure. I'll still take it though.

I just googled him and he told Steve Wilfong “as of now” he’s 100% sure he will sign with the Gophers in February. It was from Minnesota sportsfan.com
Then why not sign now?

Didn't get all the cash that was promised, yet? :sneaky:

Then why not sign now?

Didn't get all the cash that was promised, yet? :sneaky:

I mean I was gathering he basically just wanted to take an official here and add that info to the info he already had and make sure that everything still feels right...COVID world is weird, so giving people a little grace seems reasonable.

I mean I was gathering he basically just wanted to take an official here and add that info to the info he already had and make sure that everything still feels right...COVID world is weird, so giving people a little grace seems reasonable.
He's never physically set foot on campus? With only a six hour drive from Omaha?

Ortiz is in Arizona, which is a 25hr drive. And he had no problem signing already, with a virtual only experience.

My opinion means less than nothing. But I just don't get it. My mind says: he's holding out, because that's what he wants, he's looking for something better than it was offered this month. Doesn't necessarily have to be a better school/team altogether, but a better something. That's how I think, sue me.

He's never physically set foot on campus? With only a six hour drive from Omaha?

Ortiz is in Arizona, which is a 25hr drive. And he had no problem signing already, with a virtual only experience.

My opinion means less than nothing. But I just don't get it. My mind says: he's holding out, because that's what he wants, he's looking for something better than it was offered this month. Doesn't necessarily have to be a better school/team altogether, but a better something. That's how I think, sue me.
Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone acts and behaves in the same mold. I agree - gotta give people some grace, especially during COVID.

Pretty sure I saw pix of Ortiz on campus

Point still holds: Ortiz, from Arizona, found a way to make it on campus, but Dickerson, from Omaha, couldn't find a way to get up here?

Where are you going with this? The only point is that you are assuming you know that Dickerson's lack of a physical visit during COVID equates to him being less committed.

We know Ortiz's family appears to have some money - the kid lives in a pool house on his own. But unless you have a bunch of information on Dickerson's family/financial situation AND their health background and concerns, it seems like you're just passing into the wind on this one.

Where are you going with this? The only point is that you are assuming you know that Dickerson's lack of a physical visit during COVID equates to him being less committed.

We know Ortiz's family appears to have some money - the kid lives in a pool house on his own. But unless you have a bunch of information on Dickerson's family/financial situation AND their health background and concerns, it seems like you're just passing into the wind on this one.
Hmm ... he and his family found a way to take an unofficial to Columbus. https://247sports.com/Player/Avante-Dickerson-46059311/TimelineEvents/

OSU offered in June 2019. Gophers offered in Jan 2019. But he just never has had the time to make it up to Mpls on his own.

Yes, I am attempting to suggest at least some type of relationship between his (un)willingness to physically visit, and commitment.

Maybe the OSU offer was uncommitable, and that has suddenly changed? Wild guess.

If that's true, then I doubt anyone here would blame him for trying to figure out what he wants to do. But that was all my point ever was: if he wasn't holding out or trying to decide if he wanted to do something else, then there would be no reason not to sign now.

Fleck made two comments on signing day that would lead to believe he expects Dickerson and The Mpls North DE to sign here. Going to be a battle I’m sure.

Hmm ... he and his family found a way to take an unofficial to Columbus. https://247sports.com/Player/Avante-Dickerson-46059311/TimelineEvents/

OSU offered in June 2019. Gophers offered in Jan 2019. But he just never has had the time to make it up to Mpls on his own.

Yes, I am attempting to suggest at least some type of relationship between his (un)willingness to physically visit, and commitment.

Maybe the OSU offer was uncommitable, and that has suddenly changed? Wild guess.

If that's true, then I doubt anyone here would blame him for trying to figure out what he wants to do. But that was all my point ever was: if he wasn't holding out or trying to decide if he wanted to do something else, then there would be no reason not to sign now.
You make some decent posts here and there and I like that you care so much about the gophers, but you really like to argue and confront when there's no need to and it gets pretty annoying.

You make some decent posts here and there and I like that you care so much about the gophers, but you really like to argue and confront when there's no need to and it gets pretty annoying.
I'll never stop doing my style or change it one bit. You'll either have to put me on ignore, or just skip over the posts you don't like.

The only point in having a message board is to banter/argue/discuss/speculate (wildly)/guess/throw things out/"piss in the wind". If you're just looking for news, message boards are an inefficient way to obtain that.

Allen Trieu of 247 Sports Crystal Ball Prediction has Davon Townley going to ASU.

The Crystal Ball Prediction for Avante Dickerson is now at 40% Huskers, and 60% Gophers.

What is complicating this for the Gophers as well as for all teams is the extended Dead Period. Due to the pandemic, the NCAA Division 1 Council has extended the 2021Dead Period until April 15 2921.

The question as to why Avante was able to visit Ohio State and not Minnesota is that by the time he could have visited with the Gophers, full restrictions where put in place for any in contact or visit.

Allen Trieu of 247 Sports Crystal Ball Prediction has Davon Townley going to ASU.

The Crystal Ball Prediction for Avante Dickerson is now at 40% Huskers, and 60% Gophers.

What is complicating this for the Gophers as well as for all teams is the extended Dead Period. Due to the pandemic, the NCAA Division 1 Council has extended the 2021Dead Period until April 15 2921.

The question as to why Avante was able to visit Ohio State and not Minnesota is that by the time he could have visited with the Gophers, full restrictions where put in place for any in contact or visit.
We offered in Jan 2019, Ohio State offered in June 2019. He could've unofficial visited us any time he wanted to. Ie, in the summer of 2019. Six hour drive each way. Come up, catch a Twins game, check out downtown Mpls, see the campus, etc.

Anyway, looks like he just made some kind of announcement on Twitter, possibly that he's good to go on the Gophers!

👍👍 to that...

The Crystal Ball picks for Avante to Nebraska were made in 2019.

per Shooter:

Of the Gophers’ 17 football scholarship commitments at last week’s national signing day, four were ranked as high as four-star recruits by the credible 247sports.com, which had Minnesota at No. 28 in the country.

Alabama, ranked No. 1 in the nation, had six five-star commitments and 14 four-stars among its 24 recruits. Ohio State, No. 2, had five five-stars and 13 four-stars among 21 commitments.

Go Gophers!!

Can't wait to "coach up" the 4*s and future 5*s.

PSA: Brady Boyd is absolutely going crazy right now. Doing this against Texas 6A competition as well in their regional championship game (Texas 6A is the highest level of HS football in the entire country). I truly think he's going to be one of the phenomenal gopher receivers when all is said and done.

Also, Quinn Ewers, his QB, is probably going to lead OSU to a couple championships. Highest rated recruit ever by all 3 major ranking services.
<a href="">January 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PSA: Brady Boyd is absolutely going crazy right now. Doing this against Texas 6A competition as well in their regional championship game (Texas 6A is the highest level of HS football in the entire country). I truly think he's going to be one of the phenomenal gopher receivers when all is said and done.

Also, Quinn Ewers, his QB, is probably going to lead OSU to a couple championships. Highest rated recruit ever by all 3 major ranking services.
<a href="">January 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really was surprised Boyd got out of Texas or Big 12 country in general. Good speed, clean route runner, super productive.....that injury he had may have kept some of the bigger names from jumping in on him.

This kid might be able to make Big Dan a three star WR recruit

I was super excited by the Boyd signing at the time, feel like people have forgotten about him a bit. Think he's gonna be a really good player for us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom