Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

There is a perception that its much warmer though which is all that matters. Hell some Detroit kids have said how cold it would be to play for Minnesota. Cedric Lattimore from Detroit said in a Rivals interview that all he knows about Minnesota is that it is "real cold down there, real cold." There was one other who said something similar too. That should tell you a lot about the extreme perception problem that we battle.

It's not a perception. I lived in Minnesota, went to the U, then moved to Michigan for work. It is a much less extreme climate, both in summer(less muggy and hot) and winter (warmer).

The reason Minnesota is so harsh, which I learned at the U, it's farthest away from any ocean than any other area in North America.

Don't get me wrong, I love mpls and it is still my favorite place on earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I failed to focus on your better coaching staff assertion. What makes you confident that this is true? Durkin has no prior head coaching experience - whether he is able to run his own program remains to be seen.

Just my opinion. Durkin has had a top 9 defense at two helmet schools over the past three years and helped rebuild Stanford's defense prior to that. He has also added three former head coaches to his staff, and his offensive coordinator is highly regarded. He doesn't have any less experience as a head coach running his program than Claeys does. So on paper today, yes I like the Maryland coaching staff a lot better than the Gophers.

Hopefully Claeys proves me wrong and the Gophers roll Maryland the next 3 years. Only time will tell.

At least the U is in Minneapolis and not Burrmidji or Winnipeg.

Just my opinion. Durkin has had a top 9 defense at two helmet schools over the past three years and helped rebuild Stanford's defense prior to that. He has also added three former head coaches to his staff, and his offensive coordinator is highly regarded. He doesn't have any less experience as a head coach running his program than Claeys does. So on paper today, yes I like the Maryland coaching staff a lot better than the Gophers.

Hopefully Claeys proves me wrong and the Gophers roll Maryland the next 3 years. Only time will tell.
I think you vastly underestimate the challenges of getting three former head coaches to work together efficiently. It would be a challenge for an established head coach never mind a first timer.

I think you vastly underestimate the challenges of getting three former head coaches to work together efficiently. It would be a challenge for an established head coach never mind a first timer.

You might be right, but at the same time they became head coaches because they were highly successful coordinators previously.

Possibly but it is also a huge luxury for a first time head coach to have experienced head coaches he can bounce ideas off of instantly and ask how they handled a particular situation.

Get lost, Terps.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Blanket Statement Alert.
How easy or hard that is depends 100% on the personality and ego of those in question. Could be tough, could be no problem at all.

He can say he is solid all he wants but until he cancels his visit, I'll have my doubts. Kamal Martin said he was 100% to EMU after he camped here and about two days before he flipped here.

Let us have this moment!

Blanket Statement Alert.
How easy or hard that is depends 100% on the personality and ego of those in question. Could be tough, could be no problem at all.
You have a point, but it gets progressively harder, as you add personalities. It could work out but it could also devolve into Brewster level chaos.

He can say he is solid all he wants but until he cancels his visit, I'll have my doubts.

Amen. Look at the picture-he has his new home, the City of Minneapolis, on his back. You know what else carries its home on its back? That's right, a turtle!!

I think the trio, Snelson especially, likes the attention that recruiting brings and they tend to tell people what they want to hear. So if a Minnesota writer is interviewing them it's "I'm solid to Minnesota" but if it's a Maryland writer it's "I'm a soft commit", etc.

Mid-January is a long ways away in the recruiting world. If these 3 are still planning on visiting in a few weeks then we can start to worry. And with Snelson, even if he wants to be a Gopher come signing day the pay-site writers have hinted at academic concerns, so there are multiple reasons he may not end up here. Best to not get our hopes up about Snelson.

Perhaps the twins are taking a visit to make sure Snelson doesn't get swayed?

We really can't and won't know until signing day. I hope we have all three in the fold on signing day. But I'm not planning on losing sleep over ever tweet or article trying to hint at otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on getting the Maryland facility pics off the thread?...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Maybe this will work...

Goldy_Costumes_All.0.0.png

It's not a perception. I lived in Minnesota, went to the U, then moved to Michigan for work. It is a much less extreme climate, both in summer(less muggy and hot) and winter (warmer).

Being far from the oceans causes us to have more extreme differences in summer vs winter.

I posted this a while ago, but thought it might be worth posting again to see what the real temperatures are like. Maryland is definitely the warmest in the winter, but we're not that different from many other Big Ten schools.

Capture.jpg

Weekly Citizen: Dutchtown DB Durr commits

Another Dutchtown Griffin is set to make the long journey up north to play football for the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

Last weekend, heralded Dutchtown safety Coney Durr announced that he will be joining former teammate Alonzo Craighton with his commitment to the school. He released a statement on Twitter.

“First, I would like to thank all of the coaching staffs and schools that recruited me,“ Durr said. “I would also like to thank my coaches and teammates who helped me get to this point. This was the toughest decision of my life, but with prayer and family support, I feel that the best decision for me is to attend the University of Minnesota. I have officially committed to the Gophers.”

Durr had plenty of options to chose from with the offers beginning to roll in after his junior season. He had more than 20 in total—which included the likes of Kansas State, Kansas, Purdue and Wake Forest.

http://www.weeklycitizen.com/news/20151223/dutchtown-db-durr-commits-

Go Gophers!!

So this is contradictory...

Guess we'll have to wait till signing day.

Top Bottom