Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Amen. Look at the picture-he has his new home, the City of Minneapolis, on his back. You know what else carries its home on its back? That's right, a turtle!!

giphy.gif

per Mike Hautamaki:

Recruiting analyst Tom Lemming is impressed by Green, saying he has “all the tools to be a big-time ballplayer” and just has to show it on the field.
It’s too early to say what Green’s impact will be, but strong quarterback play would give the Gophers a dimension they haven’t had in a long time. Mitch Leidner had some of his best performances this year but ended the regular season on a sour note in a loss to Wisconsin.

I’m excited to see where the Gophers offense goes from here now that head coach Tracy Claeys is looking to replace the departed Matt Limegrover.

Tight ends coach Rob Reeves was promoted to offensive coordinator for the upcoming Quick Lane Bowl, but Claeys is searching for a permanent replacement.

Maybe next week we’ll get a sneak peek at the style of offense Claeys wants to run. And with the addition of a player like Green for the future, hopefully the passing game becomes a bigger facet of Minnesota’s attack.

http://www.virginiamn.com/sports/re...cle_aadde308-ab71-11e5-aa36-0388a9fb381d.html

Go Gophers!!

Any news on Kasl?

I heard that he is playing in the Blue-Grey All-American Bowl in Tampa in January. He also just got a #3 heavyweight ranking for wrestling in Minnesota class AAA! Has he received an official offer from the Gophers? Anyone know more?

I heard that he is playing in the Blue-Grey All-American Bowl in Tampa in January. He also just got a #3 heavyweight ranking for wrestling in Minnesota class AAA! Has he received an official offer from the Gophers? Anyone know more?

Is it true that between the time that Kasl camped at MN and now, he has vastly improved? Other OL campers showed more than he did?

Now, it looks like he may have surpassed expectations in terms of physical and mental development.

He must be one of those late bloomers that was totally missed by the Gophers Recruiting Staff.

Timing is everything in the recruiting game.

Let's hope that he does not feel zilted, and that he gives his home state team a chance. It will be great to see him in a Gophers uniform and a chance to play in front of family and friends.

I wonder if Ragnow misses that opportunity to play closer to home now.

Is it true that between the time that Kasl camped at MN and now, he has vastly improved? Other OL campers showed more than he did?

Now, it looks like he may have surpassed expectations in terms of physical and mental development.

He must be one of those late bloomers that was totally missed by the Gophers Recruiting Staff.

Timing is everything in the recruiting game.

Let's hope that he does not feel zilted, and that he gives his home state team a chance. It will be great to see him in a Gophers uniform and a chance to play in front of family and friends.

I wonder if Ragnow misses that opportunity to play closer to home now.

This is an example of new staff seeing things differently. Although late in offering, this can assist in helping him feel jilted.

He only camped at Wisconsin.

Based on the previous GH threads, he only camped in MN his junior year. Olson looked better at the time and the Gophers did not extend an offer to Kasl, and for one reason or another failed to not follow up on him. It is an unfortunate happen stance the Gophers lost sight of his progression. Gophers recruiting staff - take note. Always follow up on instate prospects.

He then camped in Wisconsin first his Senior year, Wisconsin offered first and then he told the Gophers don't bother on subsequent contacts. The rest is history.

He may feel zilted not being sought after heavily until Wisconsin offered.

I hope he changes his mind.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?65853-Ugh-Sean-Foster-de-commits-from-Minnesota&highlight=kasl

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...59-Wisconsin-gains-a-four-star&highlight=kasl

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol, you guys remind me of the self conscious boyfriend who sits at the table while his girlfriend keeps getting asked to dance.

Olson looked better at the time and the Gophers did not extend an offer to Kasl, and for one reason or another failed to not follow up on him. It is an unfortunate happen stance the Gophers lost sight of his progression. Gophers recruiting staff - take note. Always follow up on instate prospects.

They did follow up on him. Kasl was invited to and attended junior day earlier in the year and also attended a spring practice.

Recently visited us:

Go Gophers!!

The new Rutgers OL coach, that was rumored here, was recently following Trystan. Makes sense. Still hope he ends up here

Go Gophers!!

Lucas Trickle tweeted that "All the steam has Snelson signing elsewhere come signing day."

Snelson favorited the tweet, but has since taken that down.

Tough to figure Snelson out. I'm guessing that is the point. Hope he comes here.

Tough to figure Snelson out. I'm guessing that is the point. Hope he comes here.
It's no fun picking the Minnesota cap when that's the only one in front of you.

It's no fun picking the Minnesota cap when that's the only one in front of you.

I read this in the voice of the Most Interesting Man in the World. Works for me.

Might as well employ the Minnesota sports fan's well-worn pessimistic attitude on Snelson: expect the worst. That way if he signs elsewhere, no biggie, I expected it. If he signs here, I'll be happy! Just a way to cope, I guess. :cool:

Might as well employ the Minnesota sports fan's well-worn pessimistic attitude on Snelson: expect the worst. That way if he signs elsewhere, no biggie, I expected it. If he signs here, I'll be happy! Just a way to cope, I guess. :cool:

You're in with the MN stinking thinking program.

I have no problem with a kid taking his visits if you're not committed somewhere. If you are committed somewhere and still taking visits I don't love it but understand it happens all the time. I guess my issue is when he stated in a video today that he is 100% to Minnesota. If you're taking 3 more visits you are not 100% to Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom