Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Free trips to go travel and have people go hard to get you, why not go and do it. Committed or not, a free trip might be what he wants to do. And maybe he is playing us. Who knows but doesn't really matter for ANY recruit until signing day.

When it's all said and done, I only care about guys we sign. I bear no ill to kids who change their mind

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

Snelson is firm. He said so again today at UA. Trust.

Mr. Snelson. Enjoy your time with the recruiting process. Make sure you are 100% committed to a school and check out any school that you might have interest in. I am confident that when Feb. rolls around you will know that Minnesota is the right place for you to be. Good luck to you.

This is stolen from Michigan and Bo Schembeckler but so be it.

This 100%. Once in a lifetime for a kid. Let him enjoy it

If he spurns us last minute, so be it

Our Program shouldn't hinge on 2-3 recruits

The Gophers recruiting class does not hinge on losing Snelson as a commitment. If he chose to go elsewhere that is the kid's choice and so be it. I don't begrudge him his visits, but would be glad to see him as a Gopher.

We want those that want to be Gophers to be here, like the Michigan quote states "Those that stay will be champions".
I believe there is enough substance from the kids committed in this 2016 class to make that quote a reality.

Those that choose to be Gophers will be Champions before they leave Minnesota. We have the coaches, we have good players and soon we will have great facilities. The rest hard work, and talent will be the building bricks to achieve this championship reality.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Snelson will go to the school he most wishes to attend after all visits are complete. I understand the frustration with him being committed but still taking visits. Truth is he did earn all of these visits, and they are visits to cool places around the country that he's likely never been to. Not only that but while he's there he will be doing awesome things seeing cool stuff hardly anyone gets to see.
If one of these visits that I hope are for fun/experience turns out that it attracts him enough to switch commitments then we clearly didn't do what it took to keep him. That's on us and not to mention we only want recruits who truly want to be here. You can swindle a great lookin' girl into dating you but unless she's attracted back the relationship ain't gonna last. Let the forces at be do their work and what's meant to happen will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This 100%. Once in a lifetime for a kid. Let him enjoy it

If he spurns us last minute, so be it

Our Program shouldn't hinge on 2-3 recruits

Agree with you. Gophers are taking visitors who have committed to other programs, but we don't hear that pointed out in here a lot. These kids are making the biggest decision of their lives, so a little patience and understanding is in order.

Does anyone know what's behind the new crystal ball predictions of Coney Durr to UNC?

It looks like the days of the "Gentlemen's Agreement" are gone. Verbal Commitments don't mean anything. Coaches have made it clear that if they are interested in a kid who has verballed to another school, they will go all-out to try and "flip" the kid before national signing day.

For the sanity of everyone on this board, I would suggest that we don't treat every verbal commitment as a big deal. Personally, I would like to see an earlier signing option, so kids who are 100% sure about their decision can make it official. And the kids on the fence, or the ones who like taking OV's and getting wined and dined, can play their reindeer games up until the final signing day.

Bottom line - it's meaningless until that LOI gets faxed in on signing day. everything before that is pointless speculation.

The SEC won't allow an early signing period. Period.

It looks like the days of the "Gentlemen's Agreement" are gone. Verbal Commitments don't mean anything. Coaches have made it clear that if they are interested in a kid who has verballed to another school, they will go all-out to try and "flip" the kid before national signing day.

For the sanity of everyone on this board, I would suggest that we don't treat every verbal commitment as a big deal. Personally, I would like to see an earlier signing option, so kids who are 100% sure about their decision can make it official. And the kids on the fence, or the ones who like taking OV's and getting wined and dined, can play their reindeer games up until the final signing day.

Bottom line - it's meaningless until that LOI gets faxed in on signing day. everything before that is pointless speculation.

Yep, that is why you hear coaches say they're always recruiting.

Agree and my guess is that about 90% of the recruiting done during the last month has a negative tone to it.

This gets brought up every year, and it's not true. Commitments are not meaningless. What percentage of players committed to the Gophers as of 1/1/2015 ended up signing their LOI? 90-95%? It was the same story the year before, and the year before, and so on. Verbal commitments absolutely do mean something.

A few weeks ago Matt over at TDG mentioned we'd be looking for a JUCO running back in this class but haven't offered one yet. Saw this name posted in the players transferring thread.

Kobe McCrary - RB Butler CC

http://247sports.com/Player/Kobe-McCrary-20578

Doesn't show an offer yet but visiting January 22 per 247.

Sorry if already posted but don't remember seeing it in the other 198 pages

A few weeks ago Matt over at TDG mentioned we'd be looking for a JUCO running back in this class but haven't offered one yet. Saw this name posted in the players transferring thread.

Kobe McCrary - RB Butler CC

http://247sports.com/Player/Kobe-McCrary-20578

Doesn't show an offer yet but visiting January 22 per 247.

Sorry if already posted but don't remember seeing it in the other 198 pages
296 pages. ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It sounds like Amir Watts will be taking it all the way to signing day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XSdwVt_Eri4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

It sounds like Amir Watts will be taking it all the way to signing day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XSdwVt_Eri4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

not sure I like our chances

Top Bottom