Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Is Okie State recruiting Poljan as a QB?

It will be h@ll to pay in GH Land if he actually becomes a good one.

Des Moines Register: Sioux Center all-state pick Ko Kieft selects Minnesota

Ko Kieft popped onto Minnesota’s recruiting radar at a camp in June, and the Gophers tracked the Sioux Center senior’s progress throughout the high school football season.

A six-month evaluation procession morphed into a brief courtship this week after Minnesota offered the all-state linebacker a scholarship.

Kieft wrote in a text message that he was swayed by “a chance to play Big Ten football and the great undergrad programs at Minnesota involving the medical field.”

Kieft backed out of the commitment he made in September to North Dakota State and gave his pledge Wednesday to the Gophers. The versatile 6-foot-4, 235-pound senior who played quarterback and led Sioux Center in rushing touchdowns and tackles is expected to begin his career with the Gophers at tight end.

“He’s done everything he needs to do in the weight room and he’s gone to speed and acceleration camps,” Sioux Center coach Tim Van Regenmorter said in October. “That’s why he has an offer from every FCS school out there. He loves North Dakota State, but it’s every kid’s dream to (play FBS football)."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ioux-center-all-state-pick-ko-kieft/77498468/

Go Gophers!!

Sounds like we are trying to flip Kasl from the badgers.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

I saw this being discussed on TGD, and hadn't seen it here - with Oklahoma State all of a sudden offering a bunch of our recruits, is there any connection with Jerry Kill? Gundy at Ok St played for Kill is high school, and Kill is rumored to be upset about the recent coach firings by Claeys. Is it possible that Kill/Gundy are working together to undermine Claeys? I tend to think the answer is 'no' and this is just a coincidence, but you never know I guess.

I saw this being discussed on TGD, and hadn't seen it here - with Oklahoma State all of a sudden offering a bunch of our recruits, is there any connection with Jerry Kill? Gundy at Ok St played for Kill is high school, and Kill is rumored to be upset about the recent coach firings by Claeys. Is it possible that Kill/Gundy are working together to undermine Claeys? I tend to think the answer is 'no' and this is just a coincidence, but you never know I guess.
Where have you seen that Kill has been rumored to be upset with the firings?

Lay off the drugs.

We asked Foster and Poljan to look elsewhere. OSU had interest in Kegel from way back. End of theory.

wait!what? say no to drugs tdg crew, say no to drugs.

If th rest is true this is still a very bold statement. It's possible that the rest of your statement is true and Kill is suggesting to Gundy these are great kids, give them a look. To suggest they are "undermining" Claeys is likley a great stretch, even if the above was true.

Or is Kill trying to help the Gopher program by keeping these kids out of the Big 10. The little I know about Jerry Kill is he would not do anything to hurt the U. If they are not going here, keep them away from the other Big programs!!!!!!!

Kegel always had OSU in the mix, because because his parents and grandparents are alumni, Webber is from Blinn CC in Texas, which is within the normal recruiting area for OSU. It appears that we burned our bridges with Poljan, so it is possible that Kill made a phone call to help find him a home, but that would not be undermining Claeys. It's more a series of coincidences than a conspiracy.

It was posted on Scout by Ryan Burns. Half the people on here knew about it.

Really? You want to start throwing darts like that? And at the time it was posted here, it was not on Scout, according to those with a subscription.

Your "insider" knowledge from the Ko Kieft thread:

Kieft will be a mauling TE for us in the mold of Goodger and Plsek. The kind of player we always need. Word is Reeves loved him when he camped this summer.

The VERY NEXT POST by mkAz:

Top Bottom