Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Is it bad that the Gophers have to steal guys from an FCS school? Although the best FCS school.
Not really, when your rounding out your class, taking a couple of versatile athletes as developmental projects is OK. If they don't develop they probably are still useful on special teams.

I've heard rumors that the gophers might try to make a push for 4* receiver Desmond Fitzpatrick. Might have an OV before signing day.

for ****s and giggles i read bisonville

a few of them are freaking out

WHAT? HOW COULD A PLAYER CHOSE THEM OVER US?

few sane ones over there

If we take all the top 20 guys from Minnesota just so we don't miss out on a few guys like Zack Vraa, we will be in a lot of trouble. Robbie Grimsley is also having a lot of success at NDSU. Pretty sure a 180 pound safety wouldn't be having success in the Big Ten

NDSU is a joke and always will be. Mostly because of their idiotic fanbase

If we take all the top 20 guys from Minnesota just so we don't miss out on a few guys like Zack Vraa, we will be in a lot of trouble. Robbie Grimsley is also having a lot of success at NDSU. <b>Pretty sure a 180 pound safety wouldn't be having success in the Big Ten</b>

Don't add variables. Too complicated. Everyone that does good/bad at a different school would do good/bad here. How else can we get mad at the coaches for not recruiting/recruiting someone?

Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumo...

Minnesota OL Matt Kegel decommits from the #Gophers

Burns with the tweet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many scholies are left to fill after the Kegel decommitment, four?

Positions to fill - TE, RB. Another DT? Another OL?

per Joe:

Chaska offensive lineman Matt Kegel announced Tuesday that he is decommitting from the Gophers.

The 6-6, 300-pound Kegel is a consensus three-star recruit who also had reported offers from Oklahoma State, Iowa State and Pittsburgh before committing to Minnesota in May.

Kegel is the fifth player to decommit from the Gophers since Jerry Kill retired and Tracy Claeys taking over as head coach. The others are linebacker Andre Polk (from Florida), defensive end Tralund Webber (Texas), offensive tackle Sean Foster (Illinois) and quarterback Tony Poljan (Michigan).

But some of these partings have been mutual. The Gophers have reshaped their offensive line recruiting strategy since firing Matt Limegrover, who handled both offensive coordinator and offensive line duties.

http://www.startribune.com/kegel-decommits-from-gophers/362565991/

Go Gophers!!

How many scholies are left to fill after the Kegel decommitment, four?

Positions to fill - TE, RB. Another DT? Another OL?

Someone with a better handle on this could easily correct me, but the estimate the other day is that they would sign between 23 and 25 guys. Kegel's decommitment puts them at 19, so by the estimate, that would mean four to six additional guys. They have to have another O-lineman and another D-lineman. Would be nice to get a TE. Don't have a RB in this class, so they may need to fill that slot as well. Femi-Cole and Johannesson were both red-shirted, but that's a position with a fairly high attrition rate. If they could find the right LB, they might try to land one of those if there's enough room.

What is next for Jeff Jones?

With the ascendants of Rodney Smith & Shannon Brooks, and with Femi-Cole & Johannesson coming off RS is Jeff Jones permanently switched to defense?

Did reality bite? After the year that he was not allowed to practice while getting his eligibility squared away and injuries/migraines that followed, he is facing a steep climb against competition in both RB and Safety IMHO.

I get the feeling that he has to work very hard to overcome all and get himself in playing shape or he will be buried in the depth chart.

Gotta cheer for the local kid that he overcomes all adversity and be a productive part of the team.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Do these two guys have three years to play two and are either going to be here for spring practice?

Do these two guys have three years to play two and are either going to be here for spring practice?
Today is the day for midyear transfers so yes they will be here for the spring. I'm pretty sure both are two year players.

Has Jackson sent in his LOI?
Talk on Twitter is he has new offers today. P5 offers.

Jackson was offered by Baylor and Oklahoma State today but is still planning on signing with the Gophers today after his mom gets off work.

I've got a question about Prep School transfers, do they sign a LOI, or do they just sign the Grant in Aid paperwork, like high school early enrollees?

Top Bottom