Official 2016 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Looks like GI's Ryan Burns will no longer be covering Gopher Football at Rivals. No word on who will replace him, but I'm 90 percent Burns will continue to cover the Gophers at Scout.com

Looks like GI's Ryan Burns will no longer be covering Gopher Football at Rivals. No word on who will replace him, but I'm 90 percent Burns will continue to cover the Gophers at Scout.com

He would definitely be able to spice up an otherwise low traffic, boring site in Gopher Digest if that is true. They would get a lot of subs just because of him.

He would definitely be able to spice up an otherwise low traffic, boring site in Gopher Digest if that is true. They would get a lot of subs just because of him.

Yeah, their head writer left to cover Michigan. I like Scouts presentation more than Rivals, like you said, think Burns could take that site to the next level. Don't know what Gopher Illustrated does now.

Yeah, their head writer left to cover Michigan. I like Scouts presentation more than Rivals, like you said, think Burns could take that site to the next level. Don't know what Gopher Illustrated does now.

Matt Jessen-Howard is taking over football. He's done a nice job between basketball and football so I think he will be a good replacement.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

FWIW I saw Garcia at a track meet this spring, he looks much leaner than pictures I had seen in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a pretty impressive senior year playing fast. He did look like he's going to need to add weight back on before he's B1G ready.

Forrest Lake's Patrick Kasl offered by Eastern Michigan. Still has #1 sparq score in the country for O-lineman and is big at 6-6, 278.

What's the deal with Tommy Doyle from Edina? 6-7/257. 6 D1 offers. Always seem him near the fringe of top prospect lists but I don't think I've seen him mentioned on this site at all unlike similarly rated instate guys (Hooker, Martin, J. Johnson).

Mike Panasiuk has a top 3 of Michigan State Penn State and Wisconsin and is going announce his decision on Monday I guess. Michigan State likely his choice considering he set the announcement date right after he received his offer while on a visit to Michigan State today. Thats a shame, really wanted him, and I'm pretty sure incoming freshman was a teammate of his

Kyle Goblirsch ‏@Gobie247 2h2 hours ago
Blinn DE target Tralund Webber, "#Minnesota is on top right now. If I had to pick today, I'd be a #Gopher." @Gophers247 @Perroni247

per Sid:

• At this point, the Gophers haven’t lost an in-state recruit for 2016 that they have offered a scholarship, and they are working hard to convince J.D. Spielman, the all-around Eden Prairie athlete and son of Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman, to commit to Minnesota. J.D. is interested in the Gophers, but he is going to visit Ohio State, Iowa and Nebraska before he commits. The Gophers currently have nine commitments for the Class of 2016, including seven from Minnesota.

http://www.startribune.com/turner-can-t-wait-to-mix-in-peterson/306221141/

Go Gophers!!

Who else on the list?

Forrest Lake's Patrick Kasl offered by Eastern Michigan. Still has #1 sparq score in the country for O-lineman and is big at 6-6, 278.

So die hard gopher, you follow this pretty closely... we are after Tyler Johnson and Spielman. How many of the others are we after? Hooker offered? Martin? Doyle? Kasi? Kamahl Johnson?

Does it likely stop about there? Anybody come to mind who isn't on their top 30 that might be on the Gophers' radar? The Gopher camp I'm guessing is big for the kids on the top 30 list if they are to get an offer? Any idea the date on which of the many camps that one is? Thanks

So die hard gopher, you follow this pretty closely... we are after Tyler Johnson and Spielman. How many of the others are we after? Hooker offered? Martin? Doyle? Kasi? Kamahl Johnson?

Does it likely stop about there? Anybody come to mind who isn't on their top 30 that might be on the Gophers' radar? The Gopher camp I'm guessing is big for the kids on the top 30 list if they are to get an offer? Any idea the date on which of the many camps that one is? Thanks

Nobody else besides those two has been offered. I'd imagine they will offer maybe 1-2 more Minnesotans at camp.

When is the BBQ?? Seemed like we had a bunch of commitments from guys that attended the BBQ last year. We probably won't get as many given that we already have more commitments than last year at this time, but hoping the BBQ helps to land some more quality commitments and reinforces those already committed.

When is the BBQ?? Seemed like we had a bunch of commitments from guys that attended the BBQ last year. We probably won't get as many given that we already have more commitments than last year at this time, but hoping the BBQ helps to land some more quality commitments and reinforces those already committed.

Last year it was in the middle of July.

Maple Grove O-lineman Kayode Awosika got offered by Iowa State this morning. Thats now 11 in-staters with p5 offers, 13 including Seth Green and the East Ridge WR that transferred to IMG academy plus 3 more with FBS offers albeit solely from EMU for all 3 of them.

Maple Grove O-lineman Kayode Awosika got offered by Iowa State this morning. Thats now 11 in-staters with p5 offers, 13 including Seth Green and the East Ridge WR that transferred to IMG academy plus 3 more with FBS offers albeit solely from EMU for all 3 of them.

Kjetil Cline

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom