Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Great get

:clap:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>4-star RB Jeff Jones (<a href="https://twitter.com/WaveyJJ_10">@WaveyJJ_10</a>) on news of <a href="https://twitter.com/ArmyAllAmerican">@ArmyAllAmerican</a> Connor Mayes (<a href="https://twitter.com/PuppyloveMayes">@PuppyloveMayes</a>) commitment. "That puts a smile on my face."</p>— Kyle Goblirsch (@Gobie247) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gobie247/statuses/346754361793331200">June 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
And this puts a smile on my face. Hope we can now get the top four in state kids.

Vames was right. He reported it way before Doogie chirped in. I wish JC ended up at the U, but that's how recruiting works. My issue is that the Gophers had two pretty big time recruits in the last couple of days. One of them, a kid from WI with WI offer (Nebraska offer, MSU offer) and another a big time OL from TX (with Oklahoma, aTm, KState offers). . .and the only thing that chinless worm chirps about is the bad news with the hashtag gophers. So it wasn't like he was just reporting on local kids.

He's completely bought into the Reusse way. He's a worm, a sourceless worm.

now that we have one big time lineman in our class hopefully we can get ragnow too. Does anybody know where we stand with him?

Vames was right. He reported it way before Doogie chirped in. I wish JC ended up at the U, but that's how recruiting works. My issue is that the Gophers had two pretty big time recruits in the last couple of days. One of them, a kid from WI with WI offer (Nebraska offer, MSU offer) and another a big time OL from TX (with Oklahoma, aTm, KState offers). . .and the only thing that chinless worm chirps about is the bad news with the hashtag gophers. So it wasn't like he was just reporting on local kids.

Why is that negative? He's just reporting the facts. He's not supposed to be a cheerleader for the Gophers.

Doogie puts stuff in "Scoops" all the time with deep tidbits that no one else has or bothers with...as a hardcore sports fan I appreciate what he does.

Why is that negative? He's just reporting the facts. He's not supposed to be a cheerleader for the Gophers.

Doogie puts stuff in "Scoops" all the time with deep tidbits that no one else has or bothers with...as a hardcore sports fan I appreciate what he does.

You're right that he's just reporting the facts, but he's only reporting the facts that he wants. For someone who is supposedly covering the Gophers, the Mayes commitment is much more relevant news. I'd have no problem if he reported both stories, but when someone chooses to only report some of the facts, he's left open to criticism.

Great news on back to back days in landing Elmore and Mayes. Congrats to GopherHole as well getting the interview with Mayes so quickly after news broke. Nice start to the 2014 class with Jones, Elmore, Mayes all having big time offers.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If more commits are imminent, my guess is Stetler is next.</p>— Matt H. (@MVofDT) <a href="https://twitter.com/MVofDT/statuses/346738901626531841">June 17, 2013</a></blockquote>

Stetler is attending the Stanford camp on Wednesday/Thursday of this week.

now that we have one big time lineman in our class hopefully we can get ragnow too. Does anybody know where we stand with him?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>3star OT Frank Ragnow says <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> not necessarily team to beat… but it sure sounds like they are (video) <a href="http://t.co/oMCp1gwd3V">http://t.co/oMCp1gwd3V</a></p>— Josh Helmholdt (@JoshHelmholdt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshHelmholdt/statuses/345735572788219905">June 15, 2013</a></blockquote>

Doogie - aka Pantherhawk

A worthless journalist who actually wants to see the Gophers fail.

Hopefully JC asks himself this question: Who would I rather play for over the next 4-5 years?

Option 1: Nick Satan, a guy who has been called the Devil by several of his past assistants in the last year, who no doubt gave JC an ultimatum to either commit quickly or the offer would be withdrawn.

Option 2: Jerry Kill, a guy who encourages players to look around to make sure they are making the right decision.

@elmore2014: @PuppyloveMayes just watched your film man! Glad you're my teammates lol

Go Gophers!!

If it was October or November I'd agree with you, but it's still only June. If I were him, and big brother just got up here last week, I'd wait a few months to see how he likes it before deciding to move across the country for 4 years.

Actually I was only reporting a rumor that he was going to commit. MN Football Hub left that out in their quote and tweet. Guess it didn't take long for the actuall commitment to materialize. With SEC recruiting, I wouldn't be surprised to see this change between now and NSD.

I called him out on twitter on it and he basicially said that he didn't have the tips on those guys so he didn't tweet about them. He only had the bama story tipped off to him so he tweeted that...all be it when it was officially confirmed 4 hours later then it was mentioned by vames ...

I called him out on twitter on it and he basicially said that he didn't have the tips on those guys so he didn't tweet about them. He only had the bama story tipped off to him so he tweeted that...all be it when it was officially confirmed 4 hours later then it was mentioned by vames ...

Yeah, he's full of sheet. Anyone who saw his tweets during the gopher basketball coach search saw him for what he is. The guy does not have any real sources, that's why he's always late or wrong.

I'm negative on Doogie because he is a bit. He is obviously anti-gopher. He reported the fact that JC Hassenuer is going to Alabama (while hashtagging Gophers), but didn't ever tweet about Mayes or Elmore committing to MN. Notice, I didn't rip on Vames and MN Football Hub for reporting on Hasseneur's decision, it's the facts. I don't even rip on JC for making that decision. It's Doogie who only reports the negative, today should have been really highlighted his schtick.

Doogie's scoops are horrible. If you follow it long enough, you'll come to the same conclusion. He absolutely crapped the bed, day after day on the basketball search. He then reports this news (JC to Bama) hours after Vames reports it. Doogie has no sources. He really doesn't. I'm not just saying this because I don't like him, I don't like plenty of journalists who have sources. . .Doogie is just not one of them.

He's coming from a very negative Gopher stance, that's the bit. It generates clicks for him, but in the process he's lost all legitimacy.

Hopefully JC asks himself this question: Who would I rather play for over the next 4-5 years?

Option 1: Nick Satan, a guy who has been called the Devil by several of his past assistants in the last year, who no doubt gave JC an ultimatum to either commit quickly or the offer would be withdrawn.

Option 2: Jerry Kill, a guy who encourages players to look around to make sure they are making the right decision.

Yeah, Nick Saban, who will go down as one of the all-time greats, who has assembled what's shaping up to be a dynasty in Tuscaloosa, who would want to play for that guy?

Yeah, Nick Saban, who will go down as one of the all-time greats, who has assembled what's shaping up to be a dynasty in Tuscaloosa, who would want to play for that guy?

There's no question Saban is a great coach. There's also no question he's a complete a$$.

There's no question Saban is a great coach. There's also no question he's a complete a$$.

I've got news for you, most college coaches are asses. Have you ever been to a college practice?

Alabama is NFL prep school. What kid doesn't want a scholarship to college football's most elite program?

Minnesota just offered Dominic Cizauskas. His offer list isn't overly impressive but he apparently impressed the Gopher coaches at camp.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Dominic-Cizauskas-142350

Just got a scholarship from Wisconsin. From what I've read he's a huge Badger fan, but Elmore is working him hard:

@Elmore2014: We all know this was LONG over due! Congratulations man. #KeepThinkingGophers

I've got news for you, most college coaches are asses. Have you ever been to a college practice?

Alabama is NFL prep school. What kid doesn't want a scholarship to college football's most elite program?
It is right now, but that'll cycle out. Ask Miami.

You simply cannot be serious. My guess is Hassenauer knew Mayes was likely coming to us, so he took a big-time offer. And say what you want about Saban, the guy can coach and his kids get a long look at the pro level.

True. But most haven't been publicly called the devil by multiple assistants in the past year.

Outside of Davis, who else? And in Davis' case, I don't think it was a direct reference to Saban being the spawn of Beelzebub.

Miami is still producing NFL players, just not winning BCS championships. I would go to Miami over the U of M if I want to go pro.

So, if you were a MN high school football player you would choose Miami over the hometown Gophers? Even our fans aren't loyal!

Top Bottom