Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Ryan Burns ‏@RyanBurnsGI 1h
Lastly, #Minnesota will have Mobile (Ala.) Murphy DT Gary Moore on campus. The #Gopher staff is extremely high on Moore.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Mundy Mill's LB Jonathan Celestin (@JonC_4) will be taking an official visit to #Minnesota. His teammate is #Gopher RB commit Rodney Smith.
Southlake (Texas) Carroll WR @LukeTimian will be taking an official visit to #Minnesota this weekend as well.
Two WR official visitors in California's @braydenlenius and Ohio's @Isaiah_Gentry. #Minnesota would be ecstatic to land this duo.
Two offensive linemen in Wisconsin OT and #Gopher commit Luke Rasmussen (@Rasquatch75) and Ohio guard Jared Weyler.
As I reported last night on GopherIllustrated, there will be 7 official visitors this weekend on campus for Minnesota.

Is there any info out there at all about Craig James? Its like he has fallen off the face of the earth.

There was some speculation on GI Radio that he could be a silent verbal and that's why it's sort of gone quiet with him.

Even then have any of the GI guys tried talking to him to get an update on his recruiting even if they suspect he is a silent verbal? It just seems kinda strange that everyone has completely stopped talking to him.

Or is a silent verbal kind alike a perfect game where no one wants to talk to him so not to jinx it haha

Rashad Canty to Vandy. Not sure if the gophers were really pursuing him anymore.

Even then have any of the GI guys tried talking to him to get an update on his recruiting even if they suspect he is a silent verbal? It just seems kinda strange that everyone has completely stopped talking to him.

Or is a silent verbal kind alike a perfect game where no one wants to talk to him so not to jinx it haha

Sawvel visited him Nov. 12th, on Nov. 24th he named Gophers and Indiana his leaders, on Dec. 2nd Sawvel visited him again, on Dec. 13 he had an official visit at Minnesota, and on Jan. 17th Sawvel visited him again. I imagine there have been a lot of phone calls, texts and letters in that time too. After he visited us, he hasn't had an official nor a coach visiting from any other school….

Ryan Burns ‏@RyanBurnsGI 1hLastly, #Minnesota will have Mobile (Ala.) Murphy DT Gary Moore on campus. The #Gopher staff is extremely high on Moore.

Mundy Mill's LB Jonathan Celestin (@JonC_4) will be taking an official visit to #Minnesota. His teammate is #Gopher RB commit Rodney Smith.
Southlake (Texas) Carroll WR @LukeTimian will be taking an official visit to #Minnesota this weekend as well.
Two WR official visitors in California's @braydenlenius and Ohio's @Isaiah_Gentry. #Minnesota would be ecstatic to land this duo.
Two offensive linemen in Wisconsin OT and #Gopher commit Luke Rasmussen (@Rasquatch75) and Ohio guard Jared Weyler.
As I reported last night on GopherIllustrated, there will be 7 official visitors this weekend on campus for Minnesota.

I'm surprised that we are looking at another DT. We have Richardson and it sure seems like Stelter is growing into a DT. Three DTs in this class seems like a lot. Maybe Moore is one of those guys that they just really like and think he's worth possibly being heavy on DTs this season.

Remember that the SAT scale is 2400 now, not 1600. A 1400 is comparable to a 930-940 under the old scoring system.

True- but I'm relatively sure that only the critical reading and math components count toward eligibility.
Anyways, with a 3.4 GPA (as long as that's also reflective of his "core classes") he only needs a combined 640 on the 2 SAT components to qualify to play. He should easily have made
that.

I'm surprised that we are looking at another DT. We have Richardson and it sure seems like Stelter is growing into a DT. Three DTs in this class seems like a lot. Maybe Moore is one of those guys that they just really like and think he's worth possibly being heavy on DTs this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Moore has been on our radar for quite a while. I think he had an OV scheduled earlier this fall at one point. After Richardson and Stelter committed, I think we backed off assuming we were done at DT. Gotta think the Nelson and Harbison departures have caused us to look at a few more players to fill those scholarships.

Moore was on their radar and slipped due to grades. Sounds like his grades are up, so he is back in play. I have heard coaches have said he has Rashede like athletic ability

Demetrius Kemp is sticking with his Wake Forest commitment.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I can confirm that Demopolis (Ala.) WR/DB <a href="https://twitter.com/DemetriusKemp">@DemetriusKemp</a> will stay with <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WakeForest&src=hash">#WakeForest</a> instead of flipping to <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Minnesota&src=hash">#Minnesota</a>.</p>— Ryan Burns (@RyanBurnsGI) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsGI/statuses/426892535047278592">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Moore was on their radar and slipped due to grades. Sounds like his grades are up, so he is back in play. I have heard coaches have said he has Rashede like athletic ability

Going to go out on a limb and guess that's a little bit of an exaggeration.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> recruiting visit => “<a href="https://twitter.com/JonC_4">@JonC_4</a>: Made it to Minnesota safe !”</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/426894353705881600">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Maybe, but does it really matter? Just telling you what ive read about Moore.

I know, wasn't trying to give you crap, more the person who said it. If he's a good athlete that's great, I just think people go too far with comparisons like that sometimes (for all I know this guy is spot on, so I'm just speaking generally). It's okay to say someone is great at something without feeling the need to compare them to someone who is far superior in that area. Just a small pet peeve I guess since those comparisons can be really misleading.

I know, wasn't trying to give you crap, more the person who said it. If he's a good athlete that's great, I just think people go too far with comparisons like that sometimes (for all I know this guy is spot on, so I'm just speaking generally). It's okay to say someone is great at something without feeling the need to compare them to someone who is far superior in that area. Just a small pet peeve I guess since those comparisons can be really misleading.

The Hageman reference comes from the coaching staff per Ryan Burns. Not saying it's completely accurate necessarily but the source is about as good as it gets.

Our recent cold snaps can't help us with the southern recruits. Hope the fact that it is cold all over the country right now counters that a bit. Had relatives come home for Christmas from Arizona. It was around a 100 degree difference when they got here. I think it was -20 where we had our family gathering in SD that day. They were really feeling the difference.

Lastly, #Minnesota will have Mobile (Ala.) Murphy DT Gary Moore on campus. The #Gopher staff is extremely high on Moore.

Our recent cold snaps can't help us with the southern recruits. Hope the fact that it is cold all over the country right now counters that a bit. Had relatives come home for Christmas from Arizona. It was around a 100 degree difference when they got here. I think it was -20 where we had our family gathering in SD that day. They were really feeling the difference.

It was sleeting yesterday in NW Florida and they have had several nights of sub-20 degree weather in the last couple weeks...so its cold all over the South right now.

Rodney Smith's high school teammate and good friend LB Jonathan Celestin is visiting this weekend, I haven't seen much mention of him. 247 is showing his two offers are Valdosta St. and Western Carolina. In looking at his film, he's clearly undersized for a LB but is fast and could have some potential on special teams and in nickel packages on defense against spread teams. I'm wondering if we're expecting to offer this weekend or if he's more of a PWO candidate.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jonathan-Celestin-38548
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1779500/highlights/89534375?autoplay=1

I was just wondering if any recruits ever give weather as a reason having any factor in their decisions.

Top Bottom