Official 2014 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I just noticed that Blasingame picked up a Northwestern offer yesterday. I thought we'd lock him up after this weekend but now we've got some competition. According to Rivals he scored a 28 on his ACT and has over a 4.0, so he is legit smart and a NU offer has to be appealing.

I just noticed that Blasingame picked up a Northwestern offer yesterday. I thought we'd lock him up after this weekend but now we've got some competition. According to Rivals he scored a 28 on his ACT and has over a 4.0, so he is legit smart and a NU offer has to be appealing.

28 is a nice ACT score, but that definitely isn't Northwestern material. I wouldn't worry about that aspect too much,

28 is a nice ACT score, but that definitely isn't Northwestern material. I wouldn't worry about that aspect too much,

Reminds me of when Ibrahim Campbell was interested in the Gophers and an interview was posted here. Campbell's ACT was below 28 (I think it was a 24 or something) and he said he was interested in pre-med. I remember the board exploded with multiple posters deriding Campbell's ACT score and how he was kidding himself. Well, Campbell ended up at Northwestern. I don't know if he ever re-took the ACT so I can't comment as to what Campbell's best score was, but I doubt that Northwestern would turn away a solid kid with a 28 ACT.

Does anybody think Jeff Jones or Ragnow will want to play for this offense next year? It was a gamble to have them come to the Wisconsin game - a gamble the offense lost.
We just lost two 4-star in-state recruits

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Does anybody think Jeff Jones or Ragnow will want to play for this offense next year? It was a gamble to have them come to the Wisconsin game - a gamble the offense lost.

?

Good lawd, you're a joyless human.

My guess is they don't care about how crappy the offense is this year. We've had a good year, look to be on the rise and they have a chance to start early. Seems that should be enough...

My guess is they don't care about how crappy the offense is this year. We've had a good year, look to be on the rise and they have a chance to start early. Seems that should be enough...

Thanks. This cheers me up! : )

Considering they can now say look how great or fans sounded and that we're just a couple impact guys on offense away from being a major force in the b10? Put the bottle back bud

Considering they can now say look how great or fans sounded and that we're just a couple impact guys on offense away from being a major force in the b10? Put the bottle back bud

"A couple" may be underselling the open impact positions on offense.

Or else they think they can come in and make a difference right away for the Gophers.

no clue about Jones. But Ragnow said the atmosphere was unbelievable and that he was in awe.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just an unreal atmosphere, not like a gopher game you'd go to in the past years</p>— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KNARFWONGAR/statuses/404365805401305088">November 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Will you show up and admit you're wrong when we end up with both?

247 has Gaelin Elmore as an early enrollee. Has anyone else heard anything about that?

My roommate my freshman year at Brown scored a below 2000 on his SAT(about a 28 on the ACT). I remember giving him a hard time about it. Schools look at the holistic student. Standardized tests are really only one small part the kind of student you will be.

Had to be an exciting game for recruits to watch (unless the weather would scare them away). Hopefully we can land Ragnow along with Jones.

Had to be an exciting game for recruits to watch (unless the weather would scare them away). Hopefully we can land Ragnow along with Jones.

Coach Kill wanted to bundle up the recruits in one weekend albeit a cold one! Despite the loss, the game atmosphere was exciting. Will this result in early signings? When will we hear from the recruits?

The thing to worry about is poaching from other teams. We got lucky on Cedric Thompson and Eric Murray. I recall losing Frank Clark to Brady Hoke and Michigan.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I think my mind made up but I'm not speaking until time is right</p>— Q (@bigdaddyvonte_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bigdaddyvonte_/statuses/404649492051673088">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Got to check out a few more schools then my mind should be made up</p>— Q (@bigdaddyvonte_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bigdaddyvonte_/statuses/404651369086197760">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I think my mind made up but I'm not speaking until time is right</p>— Q (@bigdaddyvonte_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bigdaddyvonte_/statuses/404649492051673088">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Got to check out a few more schools then my mind should be made up</p>— Q (@bigdaddyvonte_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bigdaddyvonte_/statuses/404651369086197760">November 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

jaymil, I'm not a regular denizen of the twitterverse. Who we got here?

jaymil, I'm not a regular denizen of the twitterverse. Who we got here?

He's a 3 star RB from Georgia. Doesn't have any great offer besides us, and Tennessee is talking to him. He plays against big schools with 1k plus students

Post 1329 links to his highlight video. He is a natural RB with good instincts and is very hard to tackle, sign him up!

My roommate my freshman year at Brown scored a below 2000 on his SAT(about a 28 on the ACT). I remember giving him a hard time about it. Schools look at the holistic student. Standardized tests are really only one small part the kind of student you will be.

Some people are so arrogant or uniformed. You don't need a high ACT score in order to succeed at a given school or program. Some people mock others by saying they'll never make it in pre-med or some other major with "only a 28 ACT." The ACT number is simply a barrier, it doesn't indicate future success or intelligence. It measures processing speed and what you've been exposed to in high school. Well, processing speed is only a problem for timed tests. If all that mattered was a test score, there'd be no point in going to school. We'd just rank people then and there and call it a day. Lots of college kids outperform kids who tested higher in the ACT or SAT. It's very common.

Top Bottom