News on Shaka Smart

How would you know? Do you even know who Ryan James is?
"My gut says Shaka Smart is next #Gophers coach, if he goes for money and working with Teague. If he did come here, what are expectations?"

Anyone know if there is a Naismith College Basketball Forum Thread of Year competition? VURAMNATION gets my vote for best thread of the year. They have eclipsed 31 pages and counting just on "VCU Restructuring Shaka's Deal"

"My gut says Shaka Smart is next #Gophers coach, if he goes for money and working with Teague. If he did come here, what are expectations?"

Just as I thought - you have no idea who Ryan James is and have no idea what he's basing his thoughts on. He is extremely plugged-in to Gopher basketball and knows more about the average goings-on than anyone on this board, including you. I'm not saying he's right - I'm saying you have no clue about where his post is coming from.

Last edited:

It's pretty funny when you need CIA analysts to determine whether or not Shaka is in Richmond or Dinkytown...All things considered, it's starting to feel like this really isn't going to happen...All of the tweets about "sources" are ALL a pile of BS. I'm disappointed in the Gopher Lady for not getting back to us with new info from her alleged "source."

Her "alleged" source is everyone posting on gopherhole. I'm sure gopher lady is a sweetheart but I believe she is lazy like all of our media in town. When the news breaks here she will tweet something...guaranteed

If we get Shaka...I want to go back to the VCU board and watch all who praised him all of a sudden tell the world how overrated he is and not worth the money.

Ketchup on your eggs???? Damn you, Philly....that just isn't American. You might as well dip your French fries in Mayo.

I hate ketchup on eggs...Shaka loves it. As for fries....ketchup and mayo mixed is the way to go!

What are people's thoughts on Andy Enfield?

There is another thread about him...many see him as a reach with too little track record. Others say no way cus you don't move from the beach when you live with a super model. I think he would be a great hire...but since he is still coaching for another weekend...wont happen for at least a week if he is interested. I think Teague has his guy(s) and is working them now...

To me, it would be like hiring Monson all over again.

Only Monson didn't have the hot wife...I think Monson actually had a more impressive resume' than Enfield. Monson built up Gonzaga in a much tougher conference.

I hate ketchup on eggs...Shaka loves it. As for fries....ketchup and mayo mixed is the way to go!

I'm partial to Ranch Dressing on my fries but then again, I also thing Gilligan's Island is the greatest TV show of all time so I don't carry around much credibility.

If it isn't Flip, I hope it will be Gregg Marshall. I hope he goes to the Final Four first. It would be the boost recruiting needs. It takes future NBA stars to win at the level Teague is pursuing for our program. Got to have the practice facility. Has to happen now!!!

I'm partial to Ranch Dressing on my fries but then again, I also thing Gilligan's Island is the greatest TV show of all time so I don't carry around much credibility.

Ranch on your fries is passable.

Salsa, avocado, and Tabasco is the only correct answer for the egg question.

tumblr_mk92kz8Awd1rjcfxro1_400.gif

Andy Enfield? Not!

Is the next update coming at CST or EST, and has anyone been able to report a J Strings sighting yet?

This has to be the greatest thread in GH history along with "Oops...wrong forum". The coolest thing about this is it actually brings Gopher fans together united as one.....except for Parski. "The world needs ditch diggers, too." :)

Awesome. I like you Betty.

I don't see how the timing of Enfield's rise meshes with the Tubby downfall.

Was anyone talking about Enfield before the first round of the tournament? Assuming we've had something lined up for a few weeks...it can't be Enfield.

For the record, I have absolutely nothing to add to this thread, but I wanted to make sure I got a post in in case this gets locked down. San Dimas high school football rules!

Wow this thing blew up since I was last on. Gopherhole coaching threads can be gold I tell ya

Top Bottom