News on Shaka Smart

Her "alleged" source is everyone posting on gopherhole. I'm sure gopher lady is a sweetheart but I believe she is lazy like all of our media in town. When the news breaks here she will tweet something...guaranteed

You would be quite incorrect. She has excellent sources.

I don't see how the timing of Enfield's rise meshes with the Tubby downfall.

Was anyone talking about Enfield before the first round of the tournament? Assuming we've had something lined up for a few weeks...it can't be Enfield.

Actually, before the tournament even started, the guys at 1500 were talking about him.

Originally Posted by lakesgopher
Her "alleged" source is everyone posting on gopherhole. I'm sure gopher lady is a sweetheart but I believe she is lazy like all of our media in town. When the news breaks here she will tweet something...guaranteed

Jamiche:
You would be quite incorrect. She has excellent sources.

And she is anything but lazy.

Wow this thing blew up since I was last on. Gopherhole coaching threads can be gold I tell ya

No one fires and hires coaches like we do.

WE'RE NUMBER 1! WE'RE NUMBER 1!

Take that mediocrity.

FWIW Norwood canceled his weekly Wednesday 8:40 chat with Sid on WCCO because of as Dave Lee put it "coaching news". Either means something is going on or he is simply flipping off Sid for his performance on Monday ,or a combination of both.

I just want all to know, that as a somewhat heavy tweeter, I am stuck at 5,999 tweets. I used tweet 5,999 to proclaim that I would use tweet 6,000 to welcome the new Gophers coach.

This needs to hurry up so I can tweet again!

FWIW Norwood canceled his weekly Wednesday 8:40 chat with Sid on WCCO because of as Dave Lee put it "coaching news". Either means something is going on or he is simply flipping off Sid for his performance on Monday ,or a combination of both.

Muy interesante

I just want all to know, that as a somewhat heavy tweeter, I am stuck at 5,999 tweets. I used tweet 5,999 to proclaim that I would use tweet 6,000 to welcome the new Gophers coach.

I like the discipline and the approach.

Go Gophers!!

We can guarantee at least one reason is for flipping off Sid. However, let's hope the primary reason is for good news on the coaching side.

This plot is getting so thick, it's like that pot of glue Gilligan was stirring - the glue they were going to use to repair the lens from the Mars probe that landed on the island. He was stirring slowly because it was so thick, then his stir stick broke and he was still stirring slowly and with difficulty.

Slim, remember that one?

Double Barrel #1's

The guys on the VCU board are about as arrogant as some of our brethren on some B1G boards I won't mention. You would think VCU was Duke...

Just delete a few of the old ones

things have been very very quite on the Stevens front for ANY job
Correct.

I recall NT talking a lot about fit in his press conference. Stevens style is said to be very Big10 similar.
Also correct.

Compare:
http://rvanews.com/sports/shaka-smarts-contract-more-money-than-meets-the-eye/62630
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...d-stevens-butler-salary-compensation/1893505/

VCU is building a $16-18 million dollar practice facility with dual courts and separate men's and women's coaching offices, tape rooms, and PT space. Meanwhile Butler is fiddling around with Hinkle where volleyball and women's basketball share space with men's basketball. Sometimes being a large public university pays off.

I don't know if Norwood can pull it off after botching the handling of Tubby's firing, but Stevens is the target and has been from day one. You don't let Shaka's name float after axing a well liked coach like Tubby, unless you at least think you have an ace up your sleeve.

I'd love to hear how this could be enforceable considering the school that hires him away never provided consideration for such an agreement. No privity. (That is, the contractual provision that VCU play a home and home with whomever hires away Smart).

This plot is getting so thick, it's like that pot of glue Gilligan was stirring - the glue they were going to use to repair the lens from the Mars probe that landed on the island. He was stirring slowly because it was so thick, then his stir stick broke and he was still stirring slowly and with difficulty.

Slim, remember that one?

And the hire is ... Brad Stevens, Butler University!

Honestly, wouldn't shock me at this point anymore. I doubt it is him, but I wouldn't be surprised by any name that is hired.

Brad Stevens would be the only (semi-realistic) hire that would make my jaw drop further than if we hired Shaka.

What on earth would lead you to believe that GL is lazy? She provides better post-game presser notes than anybody in town. She cares deeply for the athletic program at the U. And she's never been one to roll a grenade in a room and walk away.

Correct.

Also correct.

Compare:
http://rvanews.com/sports/shaka-smarts-contract-more-money-than-meets-the-eye/62630
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...d-stevens-butler-salary-compensation/1893505/

VCU is building a $16-18 million dollar practice facility with dual courts and separate men's and women's coaching offices, tape rooms, and PT space. Meanwhile Butler is fiddling around with Hinkle where volleyball and women's basketball share space with men's basketball. Sometimes being a large public university pays off.

I don't know if Norwood can pull it off after botching the handling of Tubby's firing, but Stevens is the target and has been from day one. You don't let Shaka's name float after axing a well like coach like Tubby, unless you (think) you have an ace up your sleeve.

So in other words, your Stevens hunch is based on: the Gophers (and everybody else) thinking Stevens is a great coach; and Butler not having a practice facility? This thread just keeps on delivering.

Brad Stevens would be the only (semi-realistic) hire that would make my jaw drop further than if we hired Shaka.

I was thinking same thing. With no apparent/obvious ties, it's hard to even think there is a remote possibility.

This is starting to feel like the football search when we convinced ourselves that Chris Peterson from Boise would consider us.

Go Gophers!!

And the hire is ... Brad Stevens, Butler University!

Honestly, wouldn't shock me at this point anymore. I doubt it is him, but I wouldn't be surprised by any name that is hired.

Hey, if it's not Shaka, it's not Shaka. I love the guy, but if he'd rather stay put or go somewhere else, more power to him.

I always thought Smart was a possibility because of the connections. Stevens on the other hand - too much to hope for. I'm not sure if there's a coach in the country I think more highly of than him. I hate to even bring it up, but if he lands in our lap, I will spontaneously combust.

Top Bottom