NDSU or Iowa

Minnesota is a far superior school to NDSU, but there is nobody on their roster that could not get into U of M if they were recruited.

If you truly believe that, you cannot be helped.

Minnesota is a far superior school to NDSU, but there is nobody on their roster that could not get into U of M if they were recruited.

I believe Marcus Williams was one guy who probably couldn't have gotten into the U, but I haven't heard of anyone we've recruited in the last couple years that was NCAA qualified but couldn't get into the U. We somehow got Jeff Jones eligible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If NDSU prints up t-shirts to commemorate the win, they should print some in maroon...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Kudos to NDSU, but the schools academic rating does not meet B1G qualifications. Can you struggle to make and find a way to make occasional borderline player eligible? Maybe. But not routinely.

All you can say is WOW. 5 straight titles, 6 straight vs. the power 5, all on the road. Every time I watch them play, they are talented, composed and focused. Kudos to them.

All you can say is WOW. 5 straight titles, 6 straight vs. the power 5, all on the road. Every time I watch them play, they are talented, composed and focused. Kudos to them.

Iowa laid an egg. I'll give credit to NDSU though, they DOMINATED that 4th quarter, definitely wanted it more. So happy Iowa lost. Eat sh!t Iowa.

Maybe Iowa is just not that great. Ndsu had two close games against fcs schools. No doubt they are a very good team, and in one game can play with most schools. But they wouldn't have the depth to compete in the B1G.
Happy both Iowa and Wisconsin looked so beatable today. It is a wide open west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Iowa is just not that great. Ndsu had two close games against fcs schools. No doubt they are a very good team, and in one game can play with most schools. But they wouldn't have the depth to compete in the B1G.

Did you see the Nebraska game?

Unless you work for the NDSU staff, I'm not sure how you could know this for sure.

Unless you work for the NDSU staff, I'm not sure how you could know this for sure.

LOVE IT! GO TO Iowa forum; so entertaining! The most creative swearing I've read in awhile. Not loving that lifetime contract anymore, are you rubes?

Yeah OKAY. (insert roley eye face)

So you're basically saying that because Nebraska beat the #22 team in the country by 3 points, they're a lock to win the Big Ten West? Not sure I'm following.

I'm sure that they have a better athletes village and higher "donations". If the don't , they can not win.

Iowa lost.

Wisc looked a bit wobbly vs Georgia State.

I'll take it.

This was NDSU's Super Bowl. They are the Super Bowl for every team in FCS. Plus many of their FCS opponents are familiar with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I truly believe that anyone on the NDSU roster could get into the U of M. Looking at the bison roster 81 of the players come from MN,ND,IA and WI, many from smaller towns and midsized cities. Hell, I bet the Gophers have many more JUCO players then NDSU. I already said that Minnesota is a far superior school, but if you don't think that there are players on the Gophers roster that would not get into school if not for football, then you cannot be helped.

Of course the defense wore out. Iowa couldn’t sustain any drive for more than 0 to 1 first downs at a time in the second half. The defense was on the field the entire time, trying to defend an offense designed specifically to wear down defenses over time. It doesn’t take Stewart Mandel’s f**king crystal ball to predict that would happen.

It sure is a good thing they are paying their S&C coach a boat load of money.

We can't recruit them all because of academics. Easier to get into NDSU.

We've had this discussion before. Yes there are players we missed on. But that is the case for everyone. Some guys develop better than others in college. It's impossible to predict how good someone is going to be 3-4 years from now.

Billy turner, Marcus Williams, John Crockett (all Minneapolis recruits ), Carson. Wentz...etc. academics is a lame excuse...remember Jeff jones? NDSU recruits and develops players Better than the U right now. Their walk on program puts ours to shame. Quit making excuses for Minnesota.

Billy turner, Marcus Williams, John Crockett (all Minneapolis recruits ), Carson. Wentz...etc. academics is a lame excuse...remember Jeff jones? NDSU recruits and develops players Better than the U right now. Their walk on program puts ours to shame. Quit making excuses for Minnesota.
NDSU isn't outrecruiting us. We could steal their class and be ridiculed and be last in nation in rankings. NDSU is quality program but they're no longer relevant to B1G.

We could fire claeys and nab whole staff if we wanted

It's funny and ironic that you include Marcus Williams, who the Gophers couldn't even recruit as a walk-on because he couldn't be admitted into school here. Academics isn't a "lame excuse," it's an absolute fact that it's easier to recruit in certain circumstances when you can admit players that better schools won't - see Boise St. for a great example. Academics is a big reason why Boise St. hasn't gotten an offer from a legit Power 5 conference (the Big East was flailing and desperate to stay in existence), as their academics are practically on par with a JuCo. It's not the only factor, but to say that it's not a factor is to deny the obvious.

...if you don't think that there are players on the Gophers roster that would not get into school if not for football, then you cannot be helped.

I'm sure you are following up this statement with names, data, and facts - right? Otherwise one might think this is some ancient assumption you have been living with for the past 20-years.

I'm sure you are following up this statement with names, data, and facts - right? Otherwise one might think this is some ancient assumption you have been living with for the past 20-years.

I don't know about under Jerry Kill but I can personally guarantee that under Mason and Brewster there were players that absolutely would not have gotten into college at the U without being a football player. If you want to find out for yourself go TA an intro science class in the general college. Some of the football players were mind blowingly stupid. Still not sure how they even passed the class.

I don't know about under Jerry Kill but I can personally guarantee that under Mason and Brewster there were players that absolutely would not have gotten into college at the U without being a football player. If you want to find out for yourself go TA an intro science class in the general college. Some of the football players were mind blowingly stupid. Still not sure how they even passed the class.

Didn't the U get rid of general college?

Right. So, I agree with what you are saying, but stand by my statement that his statement was an ancient assumption he has been carrying around for years (let's say since the general college days).

Right. So, I agree with what you are saying, but stand by my statement that his statement was an ancient assumption he has been carrying around for years (let's say since the general college days).

Brewster wasn't that long ago. And I don't like you calling my college days "ancient"... it wasn't that long ago.. :cry:

It is only my assumption there are still football players on the team that wouldn't have gotten into the U otherwise had they submitted an application like the rest of us peons. I don't have a problem with it, every university does it. They need football to make them money.

Top Bottom