NDSU or Iowa

NDSU has the heart of a true champion today. I gotta give it to them. They believed.

Now it is the Gopher's turn to skewer the hogs.

Well now we don't have to listen about "we have playoff potential" like last year.

Second-best scenario...IA loses in close game. Door is open, Gophs, time to show up and take it.

I'll take it but ndsu fans obnoxious level increase

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I'll take it but ndsu fans obnoxious level increase

Yeah, but they will be trolling the Iowa boards. [emoji2]

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Second-best scenario...IA loses in close game. Door is open, Gophs, time to show up and take it.

Wisconsin beat GSU by 6 and has a murderous schedule.
Nebraska was .500 last year.
Illinois' coach is named "Lovie"
Purdue is Purdue
Northwestern lost to Illinois state.

Senior quarterback.

If now now, when?

Iowa was beaten by a better coached team with better O and D lines. It was a flat out a** whoopin'. They took it to 'em and by the end had 'em beaten down, then just beat 'em up in the 4th period. It was shocking.

Iowa gave up 239 yards rushing? wow.

The Gopher offense with that same strong running attack and a QB who isn't afraid to take off an run looks a lot like NDSU offense today.

I can't stand NDSU fans and I enjoy needling them, but their team is really good. I'd always assumed the best FCS team was better than half the D1 teams. They are in the top 40. They probably deserve to be ranked in the AP this week.

Who knows how they'd hold up in the Big Ten over nine games. We'll never know.

I wish they weren't so successful because they are probably taking a lot of walk ons away from the Gophers.

So is it about time we choose to be as good as ... NDSU? Get their coach, get more of their players. A bunch of them we never recruit anyway... Clearly we should.

And captain Kirk goes all Captain Kirk after getting a ten year extension. Give credit where credit is due I thought for sure Iowa would over power them in the second half the way it was in the second quarter, but the Bison hung in there, the defense played tough. We better beat Iowa now!

Iowa was beaten by a better coached team with better O and D lines. It was a flat out a** whoopin'. They took it to 'em and by the end had 'em beaten down, then just beat 'em up in the 4th period. It was shocking.

IA kept it close despite 34 yards rushing and a huge disadvantage in TOP. Nice win by NDSU but let's not get too carried away.

I can't stand NDSU fans and I enjoy needling them, but their team is really good. I'd always assumed the best FCS team was better than half the D1 teams. They are in the top 40. They probably deserve to be ranked in the AP this week.

Who knows how they'd hold up in the Big Ten over nine games. We'll never know.

I wish they weren't so successful because they are probably taking a lot of walk ons away from the Gophers.

That AP ranking comment was a joke, right?

And captain Kirk goes all Captain Kirk after getting a ten year extension. Give credit where credit is due I thought for sure Iowa would over power them in the second half the way it was in the second quarter, but the Bison hung in there, the defense played tough. We better beat Iowa now!

I wonder what the pay difference is between Cap'in Kirk and the NDSU coach. I'm guessing about $4 million annually, excluding bonuses.

Wisconsin beat GSU by 6 and has a murderous schedule.
Nebraska was .500 last year.
Illinois' coach is named "Lovie"
Purdue is Purdue
Northwestern lost to Illinois state.

Senior quarterback.

If now now, when?

Agreed. Things look pretty good right now. Need to take advantage.

Funniest quote from an Iowa message board today regarding the NDSU loss, "Curiously, this triggers a $50,000 bonus clause in Kirk Ferentz’s contract."

So is it about time we choose to be as good as ... NDSU? Get their coach, get more of their players. A bunch of them we never recruit anyway... Clearly we should.

We can't recruit them all because of academics. Easier to get into NDSU.

We've had this discussion before. Yes there are players we missed on. But that is the case for everyone. Some guys develop better than others in college. It's impossible to predict how good someone is going to be 3-4 years from now.

We've had this discussion before. Yes there are players we missed on. But that is the case for everyone. Some guys develop better than others in college. It's impossible to predict how good someone is going to be 3-4 years from now.

Yeah, Jim Wacker once coached at NDSU and Joe Salem coach at South Dakota. That really worked out well for us.

Gopher fans would be outraged by recruiting rankings

The striking thing to me watching this game was that NDSU was the more physical team at the end. They took it to them in the fourth quarter.

The striking thing to me watching this game was that NDSU was the more physical team at the end. They took it to them in the fourth quarter.

Completely lopsided TOP, so that doesn't surprise me too much. That O line is big for FCS.

Minnesota is a far superior school to NDSU, but there is nobody on their roster that could not get into U of M if they were recruited.

Top Bottom