NDSU or Iowa

**** you and all the other dumb asses that try to be demonstrate pseudo-intelligence by belittling NDSU by calling them JV. Your ****hole team is 1-2 vs NDSU in recent history and they get way more national attention than your piss ant team. And if NDSU is JV while having ESPN Gameday appear twice in Fargo and never in MSP, than your POS team must be so ****ing meaningless that it is lower than JV. **** you you ****ing ****!!!

The Gophers are so meaningless that you've posted nearly 500 times on this message board and you dug up this thread from the second page?

**** you and all the other dumb asses that try to be demonstrate pseudo-intelligence by belittling NDSU by calling them JV. Your ****hole team is 1-2 vs NDSU in recent history and they get way more national attention than your piss ant team. And if NDSU is JV while having ESPN Gameday appear twice in Fargo and never in MSP, than your POS team must be so ****ing meaningless that it is lower than JV. **** you you ****ing ****!!!

I'm impressed.

The fact you think NDSU matters anywhere outside of Fargo would be cute if not so sad.
Go back to your precious Mount Rushmore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top of your class at NDSU?

hahahahahahahah @ this thread. This is Classic GH gold

get sometimegophs the foh. he's even too much of a square to type out words he's using to cuss.

Please don't ban this guy! I want to read more!

My first thought...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TQXuazYI_YU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In hide sight this may not look like that huge of an upset. Iowa can be really good one year and bad next. Right now they're struggling against Rutgers, arguably worst team in the Big 10.

In hide sight this may not look like that huge of an upset. Iowa can be really good one year and bad next. Right now they're struggling against Rutgers, arguably worst team in the Big 10.

I agree. The Fighting Hawks beat a very middle of the road Big Ten team.

Ever clicked on an ESPN match-up and noticed that FBS schools have links to their pages but FCS schools don't?

Example:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869656

Curious, huh?

I still would have picked Rough Riders as a nickname. The Fighting Hawks is generic especially when you are starting from scratch and you can come up with an original name. Go NDSCS Wildcats.

Did I miss the punchline? This is the problem with big conferences scheduling the JV teams. They get up for their most important game of the year, which is their opponent's least important game of the year, catch some mediocre B1G team napping, and then spend all year thinking they are Ohio State. I'd be surprised if Iowa isn't a losing B1G team this year.

Did I miss the punchline? This is the problem with big conferences scheduling the JV teams. They get up for their most important game of the year, which is their opponent's least important game of the year, catch some mediocre B1G team napping, and then spend all year thinking they are Ohio State. I'd be surprised if Iowa isn't a losing B1G team this year.

From the 13th ranked team in the country, to now worse than the worst team in the history of the world, the 2011 gophers. Should be a 4 TD W for your squad in a couple of weeks when you face this terrible Iowa team? Ha, ha . . . Typical.

The Bison beating Iowa is like the smart kid in the special ed classes winning the school spelling bee, great accomplishment, noteworthy, but the next day it's back to finger painting with kids who need help tying their shoes. This isn't about who's the better team. Bison have proved they are a very good football team, pretty likely in the last 10 years they have been better than the gophers more than half the time, may be better than the gophers again this year depending on how the season plays out, but there isn't a team the Bison have played in the playoffs in the last 5 years that anyone in the big ten would brag about and hold up as a signature victory for a season or even talk about past the next day after the victory. In the time that the Bison have won 6 games against FBS opponents the gophers have accumulated a little over 30 wins against FBS opponents and considered themselves a pretty middling team in that time period. The fact is that for the Bison to be truely relevant they need to compete against the best teams in the country week in and week out. They choose not to, because it's a lot more fun to be the best of the lousiest than to be average.

From the 13th ranked team in the country, to now worse than the worst team in the history of the world, the 2011 gophers. Should be a 4 TD W for your squad in a couple of weeks when you face this terrible Iowa team? Ha, ha . . . Typical.

Of course that is not what he said. But that is typical of you.

The Bison beating Iowa is like the smart kid in the special ed classes winning the school spelling bee, great accomplishment, noteworthy, but the next day it's back to finger painting with kids who need help tying their shoes. This isn't about who's the better team. Bison have proved they are a very good football team, pretty likely in the last 10 years they have been better than the gophers more than half the time, may be better than the gophers again this year depending on how the season plays out, but there isn't a team the Bison have played in the playoffs in the last 5 years that anyone in the big ten would brag about and hold up as a signature victory for a season or even talk about past the next day after the victory. In the time that the Bison have won 6 games against FBS opponents the gophers have accumulated a little over 30 wins against FBS opponents and considered themselves a pretty middling team in that time period. The fact is that for the Bison to be truely relevant they need to compete against the best teams in the country week in and week out. They choose not to, because it's a lot more fun to be the best of the lousiest than to be average.

If the Bison joined the FBS, what would be the difference playing in the MAC vs. playing in the MVFC?

In the MVFC: 8 conf games, 1 FBS P5, 2 FCS Top 25s, Playoffs
In the MAC: 8 Conv games, 1FBS P5, 2 FBS G5, 1 FCS (weak as possible)

Sagarin Rating:
MVFC 57.24
MAC East. 55.03
MAC West. 65.42

Not much difference. If you think the top of the MVFC doesn't win .750 in the MAC, you don't understand college football. If you think playing in a G5 conf is a significant change in competition, you are wrong. Did you watch NIU vs Western IL, BG vs UND? The MAC is rather ordinary.

MAC-action

If the Bison joined the FBS, what would be the difference playing in the MAC vs. playing in the MVFC?

Sagarin Rating:
MVFC 57.24
MAC East. 55.03
MAC West. 65.42

Not much difference. If you think the top of the MVFC doesn't win .750 in the MAC, you don't understand college football. If you think playing in a G5 conf is a significant change in competition, you are wrong. Did you watch NIU vs Western IL, BG vs UND? The MAC is rather ordinary.

They rank all the way to number 25 in FCS? That's adorable.

Sagarin Rating:
MVFC 57.24
MAC East. 55.03
MAC West. 65.42

So you want them to move to an upper level JV conference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you want them to move to an upper level JV conference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the top teams in DI FCS are JV, then the DI FBS G5 is also JV, Along with 1/2 the B1G-JV. Just using your high standards.

Hang onto Ohio State as tight as you can so you don't slip into the JV.

If the top teams in DI FCS are JV, then the DI FBS G5 is also JV, Along with 1/2 the B1G-JV. Just using your high standards.

Hang onto Ohio State as tight as you can so you don't slip into the JV.

You are a joke. NDSU doesn't matter. They are a cute story, but no one outside of a 10-mile radius of The Corn Palace cares.

NDSU doesn't matter. They are a cute story, but no one outside of a 10-mile radius of The Corn Palace cares.

That's just not true...at all.

NDSU is a bigger story nationally than the Gophers are...that's a fact.

So many Gopher fans are so bitter over this team right now, that it is embarrassing being a Gopher fan in NoDak right now.

That's just not true...at all.

So many Gopher fans are so bitter over this team right now, that it is embarrassing being a Gopher fan in NoDak right now.

If you include the novelty aspect, you're probably right. No one is taking the Bison seriously on the big time CFB stage nationally. You're delusional if you think that.

LOL. Neither team is a story outside of its own fan base. Folks heard about NDSU when they beat Iowa and have already forgotten. That, is a fact.

Top Bottom