NDSU or Iowa

Honest question - when they changed the name from I-AA to FCS, was it a change in name only or did other things go with the name change?

For an ndsu, all of their sports are DI. Football is the only sport with a Subdivision, DI FCS is for football only. They changed the nomenclature to make sure FCS schools are correctly referred to as DI for their athletic and academic programs. BB, BaseBall, etc are DI. Football is also DI, but Sub-div FCS. DIAA references were incorrectly made in other sports besides FB where there is only DI.

For an ndsu, all of their sports are DI. Football is the only sport with a Subdivision, DI FCS is for football only. They changed the nomenclature to make sure FCS schools are correctly referred to as DI for their athletic and academic programs. BB, BaseBall, etc are DI. Football is also DI, but Sub-div FCS. DIAA references were incorrectly made in other sports besides FB where there is only DI.

So it is just nomenclature.

The confusion is that no one thinks about your program. Ever.

No one cares.

Good win. You're a trivia questions in 2 weeks.

Bleep the FCS. They're 1-AA as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously, you have to respect NDSU for what they've accomplished. But, there's still a big difference between playing one D1 opponent, and playing a full D1 schedule. Given the financial issues in North Dakota, I don't see NDSU trying to move up to full D1 status. They would have to expand the Dome or build a new stadium, not to mention the cost of upgrading to 85 scholarships, etc. Unless they come up with the 1-AA version of Phil Knight to bankroll the deal, NDSU is going to stay as a big fish in a little pond.
big fish that beats MN and iowa ! What has MN done win a meaningless bowl game in Detroit !

I have to agree, I thought Iowa would beat up on NDSU and for a minute in the 2nd quarter it looked like it would happen.

Yesterday turned out to be about a best case scenario. We got to watch Iowa lose to a FCS team, and from a national prospective the B1G was still propped up by Nebraska, Michigan St, and Ohio St. wins.
they lost yo a great team and program. Hot beat up in the 4th quarter 125 total yards o -7. The better team won

Congratulations to NDSU!

Makes you wonder how this happens without any scholarship kids recruiting in an area where football talent isn't very thick.u

Evidently, their admission standards must be pretty low to get athletes the U of M can not get into school.
u takes anybody. Get real

If that's really the only difference I'm not sure why you'd get upset over someone saying D-1AA. To me D1-AA almost sounds better since it actually says D-1 in the name.

So the point was to clear up confusion?
Well, that didn't work. Oh well, it's NDSU so who cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big fish that beats MN and iowa ! What has MN done win a meaningless bowl game in Detroit !

Ironically, more people watched MN win a meaningless bowl game in Detroit than watched NDSU win an FCS national championship. From a couple of articles on the subject.

The North Dakota State/Illinois State FCS college football championship game drew a 1.0 final rating and 1.4 million viewers on ESPN2 last Saturday afternoon

Monday’s Minnesota/Central Michigan Quick Lane Bowl earned 1.5 million viewers on ESPN2

So while I enjoyed watching Iowa lose on Saturday, the bottom line is that to a majority of the football viewing public, NDSU is a cute story but nothing more.

So while I enjoyed watching Iowa lose on Saturday, the bottom line is that to a majority of the football viewing public, NDSU is a cute story but nothing more.

You're being kind. To the majority of the football viewing public, NDSU is nothing. They don't exist. They are kind of like that D2 basketball team that won the D2 championship last season. You don't remember who they were? Nope, me neither and neither does anyone else.

The truth is that the U isn't much to the majority of the football viewing public. However, being a part of the Big 10 makes us matter a little bit.

NDSU is a cute story but no one cares.

You're being kind. To the majority of the football viewing public, NDSU is nothing. They don't exist. They are kind of like that D2 basketball team that won the D2 championship last season. You don't remember who they were? Nope, me neither and neither does anyone else.

The truth is that the U isn't much to the majority of the football viewing public. However, being a part of the Big 10 makes us matter a little bit.

NDSU is a cute story but no one cares.
ESPN cares ! Game day in Fargo ! NFL cares ! They don't care about the Gophers these days do they

ESPN cares ! Game day in Fargo ! NFL cares ! They don't care about the Gophers these days do they

Again, there are way more NFL players from Minnesota than NDAC. I get that you're trolling (poorly), but try a little harder.

I seriously can't believe how many gopher fans believe the Gophers are somehow superior to NDSU. They are more relevant than the Gophers right now. It's been 10 years since the gophers have had a 1st round pick. And ESPN has most likely never considered the gophers for GameDay. Seriously get over yourselves. The bison would steamroll the gophers this year and the previous 5.

I seriously can't believe how many gopher fans believe the Gophers are somehow superior to NDSU. They are more relevant than the Gophers right now. It's been 10 years since the gophers have had a 1st round pick. And ESPN has most likely never considered the gophers for GameDay. Seriously get over yourselves. The bison would steamroll the gophers this year and the previous 5.

Ahhh. Here you go Bison Boy. You should be trolling them now. http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/forums/football.6/

Oh and quit ducking North Dakota.

I thoroughly enjoy trolling the Bison fan lurkers of this board. Great team and program, delusional fan base.

The Gophers matter more than NDSU by the simple fact that we're in the Big 10. It's really not that complicated. NDSU is a way better FCS program than the Gophers are a Big 10 program, but it doesn't matter.

When Illinois State games are broadcast nationally every saturday, it will be a conversation. Until then, have fun in your conference. Your team looked really impressive.

NDSU is a good JV team. They would never make it through a season of playing B1G teams every week. They are good enough to have lightening strike once in a while, but no where near a P5 level team. The reason GameDay went to Fargo is the novelty of playing up the small town success story, not because NDSU is great team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I seriously can't believe how many gopher fans believe the Gophers are somehow superior to NDSU. <b>They are more relevant than the Gophers right now. </b>It's been 10 years since the gophers have had a 1st round pick. And ESPN has most likely never considered the gophers for GameDay. Seriously get over yourselves. The bison would steamroll the gophers this year and the previous 5.

IALTO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSU is a good JV team. They would never make it through a season of playing B1G teams every week. They are good enough to have lightening strike once in a while, but no where near a P5 level team. The reason GameDay went to Fargo is the novelty of playing up the small town success story, not because NDSU is great team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

**** you and all the other dumb asses that try to be demonstrate pseudo-intelligence by belittling NDSU by calling them JV. Your ****hole team is 1-2 vs NDSU in recent history and they get way more national attention than your piss ant team. And if NDSU is JV while having ESPN Gameday appear twice in Fargo and never in MSP, than your POS team must be so ****ing meaningless that it is lower than JV. **** you you ****ing ****!!!

**** you and all the other dumb asses that try to be demonstrate pseudo-intelligence by belittling NDSU by calling them JV. Your ****hole team is 1-2 vs NDSU in recent history and they get way more national attention than your piss ant team. And if NDSU is JV while having ESPN Gameday appear twice in Fargo and never in MSP, than your POS team must be so ****ing meaningless that it is lower than JV. **** you you ****ing ****!!!

Seriously, tell us how you REALLY feel.

This is a perfect example of NDSU rubedom!

Top Bottom