MIKE MAX: TREVOR GETS 6th YEAR!!!!!!!!!! UPDATED: Officially Confirmed by the U!!

I love Mbwake as much as any other gopher fan on this board. I hope he decides to return for another year as I think it would be good for him and for the gophers program but I cannot believe there are people on this board who think if he has a good year next year he is a top 15 pick in the draft. That is 100% false.

Lets start with the simple fact he had a major knee surgery. Although around the 8 month mark he will be told by doctors heis 100% good to go. Great that is easy for the doctor to say. But to go out and play like you did with 2 perfect knees after 8 months doesnt happen with this type of injury. It will take almost 2 years before he gets his full explosiveness back. Lets not even talk about the statistics around the increased chance of tearing your other ACL after his surgery.

But lets say he does come back and play like he was pre-injury. At the aboslute tallest he is 6'8. Many rumors say he is actually closer to 6'6 than 6'8. No NBA team is going to draft a guy who is as short as him but can only play the 4 position in the NBA in the top 15. Trevow does not have a 15 foot jumper. He barely has confidence in a 10 foot jumper. He has the skills to play in the NBA but a 25 year old rookie off an ACL tear who is EXTREMELY undersized and cant shoot is not a top 15 pick. It is not even me being negative it is just a reality.

Is the Coleman rumor recent, or was it from earlier in the year when he wasn't playing much?

I think we've come to the conclusion that it was earlier in the year, he's been starting and contributing a lot lately. I don't see why he'd want to transfer at this point.

I love Mbwake as much as any other gopher fan on this board. I hope he decides to return for another year as I think it would be good for him and for the gophers program but I cannot believe there are people on this board who think if he has a good year next year he is a top 15 pick in the draft. That is 100% false.

Lets start with the simple fact he had a major knee surgery. Although around the 8 month mark he will be told by doctors heis 100% good to go. Great that is easy for the doctor to say. But to go out and play like you did with 2 perfect knees after 8 months doesnt happen with this type of injury. It will take almost 2 years before he gets his full explosiveness back. Lets not even talk about the statistics around the increased chance of tearing your other ACL after his surgery.

But lets say he does come back and play like he was pre-injury. At the aboslute tallest he is 6'8. Many rumors say he is actually closer to 6'6 than 6'8. No NBA team is going to draft a guy who is as short as him but can only play the 4 position in the NBA in the top 15. Trevow does not have a 15 foot jumper. He barely has confidence in a 10 foot jumper. He has the skills to play in the NBA but a 25 year old rookie off an ACL tear who is EXTREMELY undersized and cant shoot is not a top 15 pick. It is not even me being negative it is just a reality.

Talk to NBADraft.net, not us. The draft class is much, much weaker next year and Trevor, when healthy, is an elite rebounder and defender with an improved offensive game and decent freethrow shooter. His wingspan and athleticism make up for his 6'8 height.

rumors = gossip = babbling = nothing else to talk about = assume = ass of u and me.

I have a tendency to let things happen, and then go with the flow, keep my fridge full of beer (even after drinking some of them). I laugh at gossip.

DR. DON

GW?

He was ranked 12th on espn's mock draft when he got injured.

He is a legit 6'-8" with extremely long arms and huge hops, he plays like he is 6'-10".

That 10'-15' jumper was coming along this season, much like his dramatic improvement in FT shooting. It is clear you don't love Mbakwe as much as the rest of us if at all. To think he is not 1st round NBA material isn't reality.

rumors = gossip = babbling = nothing else to talk about = assume = ass of u and me.

I have a tendency to let things happen, and then go with the flow, keep my fridge full of beer (even after drinking some of them). I laugh at gossip.

DR. DON

I think you and DPodoll need to sit down and have a talk about priorities good doctor.

That Coleman rumor is very old...I would be very surprised if he went anywhere.

He was ranked 12th on espn's mock draft when he got injured.

He is a legit 6'-8" with extremely long arms and huge hops, he plays like he is 6'-10".

In my mind what the Mbakwe 6th year deal puts some nice odds on our side. Now we have the possibility of both him and Rodney staying. I would say that this makes the odds that we have at least one of Rodney or Trevor very good. Having both of them? That would be icing on the cake. Looking at nbadraft.net as of yesterday Rodney was mid second round, Trevor was not listed and Draymond Green, B1G player of the year, was last pick in the first round. This draft is loaded- there are some great players all the way down the first round list and part way into the second.

There is not one poster on here that is saying they believe Mbakwe will be a high draft pick in 2013. They are simply relaying the projections set forth by various websites.

DR. DON

I'm glad you really think you're important enough to make posts about nothing that has to do with the actual topic. Maybe you should have your own Dr Don thread and see how many people respond to contant bable besides this idiot (myself).

Great new! (duh). Hope he comes back. I think he will. After the knee(s) issue, I think he'll need to prove it to the NBA.

Main reason I think he will is watching him on the bench. He seems very involved with this team and it seems genuine.

I'm glad you really think you're important enough to make posts about nothing that has to do with the actual topic. Maybe you should have your own Dr Don thread and see how many people respond to contant bable besides this idiot (myself).

Personally, I think there should be a Dr. Don Gopher website: No speculation, worrying, second guessing or any other type of thinking allowed.

cjcarter8 said:
There is not one poster on here that is saying they believe Mbakwe will be a high draft pick in 2013. They are simply relaying the projections set forth by various websites.

I think he will be the #1 pick after leading MN to the NCAA championship. Dre Hollins will go 8th and Rodney Williams 3rd.

Joe, Austin, and Mo will be late first rounders while Trent Lockett gets picked just outside the lottery at 15.

Thus begins Minnesotas overtaking of UK as we then reload with Tyus Jones, Rashad Vaughn, and Jahil Okafor plus others. Becoming one and done U that wins national championships every other year and Tubby Smith goes down as one of the greatest coaches in history. Retiring at the age of 70 with 6 national titles, 5 at Minnesota.

He is then replaced by Shaka Smart, who finally accomplishes his life long dream of being the Gophers coach by leaving Duke for the better job, he continues Minnesotas now rich basketball tradition. The financials lead us to building TWO practice facilities and Wisconsin never finishes above 11th in the Big 10 as Bo Ryan is caught in an academic scandal that wipes away his entire big 10 record and half of the team transfers mid season and is replaced by the championship intramural team from Madison.

GO GOPHERS!!!!

Personally, I think there should be a Dr. Don Gopher website: No speculation, worrying, second guessing or any other type of thinking allowed.

Having lived a long life, I have found that dealing only with things I have control over, Beej, simply makes every day fun. I have no control over what you or others despise about me, and that is simply I take things a day at a time and sleep well everynight.

DR. DON

I laughed. MATTW1067!

Ryan James who is the most plugged in basketball person outside the program imo said last week that he thought Locket might end up @ Iowa St as he has a conneftion to the coaching staff & Royce but now with Royce leaving & a different source saying Locket is U bound who knows?

The Coleman rumors have been going on for months. Apparently he was unhappy with playing time & doesn't quite click withthe rest of the team. Yet another person who says he's connects to the family says the family has convinced Joe to stay. Who knows but I know one thing....Gopher basketball is fun again.

I think he will be the #1 pick after leading MN to the NCAA championship. Dre Hollins will go 8th and Rodney Williams 3rd.

Joe, Austin, and Mo will be late first rounders while Trent Lockett gets picked just outside the lottery at 15.

Thus begins Minnesotas overtaking of UK as we then reload with Tyus Jones, Rashad Vaughn, and Jahil Okafor plus others. Becoming one and done U that wins national championships every other year and Tubby Smith goes down as one of the greatest coaches in history. Retiring at the age of 70 with 6 national titles, 5 at Minnesota.

He is then replaced by Shaka Smart, who finally accomplishes his life long dream of being the Gophers coach by leaving Duke for the better job, he continues Minnesotas now rich basketball tradition. The financials lead us to building TWO practice facilities and Wisconsin never finishes above 11th in the Big 10 as Bo Ryan is caught in an academic scandal that wipes away his entire big 10 record and half of the team transfers mid season and is replaced by the championship intramural team from Madison.

GO GOPHERS!!!!

I like your style, son!

He is then replaced by Shaka Smart who continues Minnesotas now rich basketball tradition. The financials lead us to building TWO practice facilities and Wisconsin never finishes above 11th in the Big 10 as Bo Ryan is caught in an academic scandal that wipes away his entire big 10 record and half of the team transfers mid season and is replaced by the championship intramural team from Madison.

GO GOPHERS!!!!

lSXlc.gif

I think Mav and Chip transfer, Trent comes in, Coleman stays, Mbakwe comes back, we win the Battle 4 Atlantis, go undefeated in preseason, sweep the B1G, win the NCAA tournament, solve world hunger, and measure the Higgs Boson.

Thank you Jimmy

Costa Rican Gopher said:
Ryan James who is the most plugged in basketball person outside the program imo said last week that he thought Locket might end up @ Iowa St as he has a conneftion to the coaching staff & Royce but now with Royce leaving & a different source saying Locket is U bound who knows?

The Coleman rumors have been going on for months. Apparently he was unhappy with playing time & doesn't quite click withthe rest of the team. Yet another person who says he's connects to the family says the family has convinced Joe to stay. Who knows but I know one thing....Gopher basketball is fun again.

I think regardless where Lockett goes, it is an excellent story and he will be a success no matter what. Hopefully that is as a Gopher.

I think Coleman is starting to feel more connected to the team with him, Dre, Austin and others growing up together now. Plus everyone loves Trevor and he will be back.

I'd make a bet that Chip transfers for Trevor's spot and it'll be Mav or Ingram for Lockett's spot. That's a little harder to call though as both genuinely seem happy here. Would be sad to see either leave, but that's my guess as to how this plays out. (see my above scenario for what happens going forward lol)

Wow, this is getting to be too much for me. Door opens for Trevor, possibility of Trent and they're still playing! What's going on?

GO GOPHERS!!!!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, but this is probably exactly what's going to happen.

I think Mav and Chip transfer, Trent comes in, Coleman stays, Mbakwe comes back, we win the Battle 4 Atlantis, go undefeated in preseason, sweep the B1G, win the NCAA tournament, solve world hunger, and measure the Higgs Boson.

Haha I like the way you think.

Having lived a long life, I have found that dealing only with things I have control over, Beej, simply makes every day fun. I have no control over what you or others despise about me, and that is simply I take things a day at a time and sleep well everynight.

There is nothing despisable about you Don. I just find it amazing that you expect that on a basketball message board- made for speculation by fans who for the most part have no inside info- that you expect no speculation. I appreciate your laid back take on life though, my bet is that you are a blast to be with.

Wow, this is getting to be too much for me. Door opens for Trevor, possibility of Trent and they're still playing! What's going on?

Fortune is finally blessing us for all the crap Gopher fans have dealt with or else we're being set up for an even more cruel joke.

Fortune is finally blessing us for all the crap Gopher fans have dealt with or else we're being set up for an even more cruel joke.

I'm as excited about next year as everyone else, but lets be careful with the words we use. There is nothing fortunate about someone getting cancer.

Top Bottom