MIKE MAX: TREVOR GETS 6th YEAR!!!!!!!!!! UPDATED: Officially Confirmed by the U!!

Not if he struggles to guard 4s in the post. Right now Rodney is able to play D at the 4 because he's not going against the bruisers, but when he did go against the bruisers he had EE back there to alter shots because he was bigger than the guy on Rodney. With Trevor at the 5, while he does have length and quicks) it is not as easy for him to just slide over and alter shots. With Rodney at the 3 (with an improved outside shot), Trevor at the 4 (offensively down in the post), and EE at the 5 (offensively in the high post/setting ball screens like he is now) we are better matched to play defense against the big Big Ten front courts.

+1

Hollins (6-1), Hollins (6-4), Coleman (6-4) or Lockett (6-4) (if he comes here), Williams (6-7) & Mbakwe (6-8) looks like a pretty versatile starting lineup to me. Welch and Coleman (if Lockett's here) first off the bench among the guards/wings not too shabby, either.

I like that we can go big, too (Walker or EE in place of Coleman in starting lineup?), with some combination of Mo (score from the post, also a decent passer), EE (defend, rebound, block shots) and Oto (stretch forward, hopefully a threat from distance) off the bench when we need to go to a more traditional 3-big, 2-small lineup.

Hollins (6-1), Hollins (6-4), Coleman (6-4) or Lockett (6-4) (if he comes here), Williams (6-7) & Mbakwe (6-8) looks like a pretty versatile starting lineup to me. Welch and Coleman (if Lockett's here) first off the bench among the guards/wings not too shabby, either.

I like that we can go big, too (Walker or EE in place of Coleman in starting lineup?), with some combination of Mo (score from the post, also a decent passer), EE (defend, rebound, block shots) and Oto (stretch forward, hopefully a threat from distance) off the bench when we need to go to a more traditional 3-big, 2-small lineup.

SS, when you are start talking starting lineup versatility, I know you are pumped up for next season.

Certainly I think there's a chance for the Gophers to be pretty decent next year, but the question always remains, will we be good enough to leapfrog the some of the stronger B1G programs that typically finish ahead of us and work our way into the top 1/3? I've thought that was possible several times in the last 10-11 years, but we all know how that's worked out.

Am enjoying what the Gophers have accomplished since early March -- certainly am more optimistic now about next season than I was prior to the B1G Tournament & NIT -- but I also understand this all could be (as a friend so eloquently put it) fool's gold. Hope that's not the case, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Cautiously optimistic for 2012-13 is the route I'm taking.

Truth be told, I'm already worrying about the Gophers going 0-3 in the Battle 4 Atlantis. It's far & away the toughest exempt tourney next season, with a field that on paper looks significantly better than even the Maui Invitational. But that's a good thing that the Gophers will get tested there.

Your argument is pretty stupid. It isn't as stupid when compared to some of the greatest stupid posts we have read, but your argument is still stupid. Stupid not silly as silly would be a notch or two below stupid.

Gee, it's funny how fran fraschilla says the same thing I said about mbakwe's potential. No mention of his great athleticism or superior size and skills.

On another note the boys seemed very focused but it's going to be a 5 point game either way but I'm rootin for the Gophers!!

Gee, it's funny how fran fraschilla says the same thing I said about mbakwe's potential. No mention of his great athleticism or superior size and skills.

On another note the boys seemed very focused but it's going to be a 5 point game either way but I'm rootin for the Gophers!!
Fran Fraschilla is the International player expert, not college.

He then tweeted that it wasn't official, but still good to see that he's feeling that way.

Is tomorrow the deadline for players to put their name into the NBA draft and still have the ability to remove their name at a later date (April 27?)and retain their NCAA eligibility?

Is tomorrow the deadline for players to put their name into the NBA draft and still have the ability to remove their name at a later date (April 27?)and retain their NCAA eligibility?

The deadline to remove your name from the draft & keep eligibility is tomorrow (NCAA). April 29 is the last day to declare for the draft (NBA). So, April 29 is the relevant date for Mbakwe relative to this year's NBA draft.

The deadline to remove your name from the draft & keep eligibility is tomorrow (NCAA). April 29 is the last day to declare for the draft (NBA). So, April 29 is the relevant date for Mbakwe relative to this year's NBA draft.
Well, tomorrow is relevant if Mbakwe is thinking about coming back. If he declares after tomorrow wouldn't it mean there is no chance in coming back?

That's rich.. trying to draw parallels between kids getting ticketed for being underage and in a bar where alcohol is beeing served withe the felony assault of a woman who was unknown to the defendant and for which the accused was found guilty in the court of law."

So vindictive. Glad you guys could take a break from listing out the various Gopher players that you want kicked off the team to make room for guys that you prefer.

"Just win, baby"

"Drain the Tub"

You have issues.

Well, tomorrow is relevant if Mbakwe is thinking about coming back. If he declares after tomorrow wouldn't it mean there is no chance in coming back?

Very high percent chance Mbakwe & Rodney will be back. Has to be Tubby's best season here, add Trent & look out!

katze019 said:
Very high percent chance Mbakwe & Rodney will be back. Has to be Tubby's best season here, add Trent & look out!

Big Ten title contenders - Getcha popcorn!

glad to see chip transfer to a school where he may get more time

That's the first I've seen of it, thanks for posting.

Was not a fan of his game, think he could be a solid player at a smaller school.

We are loaded at the wing position. If Chip transfers to a mid major and can be a small forward I think he could flourish. He will probably be the most athletic and strong player at that spot. Hopefully he can sign with a run and gun team as he excels in transition, but not in the halfcourt.

We are loaded at the wing position. If Chip transfers to a mid major and can be a small forward I think he could flourish. He will probably be the most athletic and strong player at that spot. Hopefully he can sign with a run and gun team as he excels in transition, but not in the halfcourt.

Exactly, he is good in transition. He needs to work on finishing with his right hand, but that is definitely where he excels.

Correct. Players can declare up to the 29th, but then no turning back.

Top Bottom