MIKE MAX: TREVOR GETS 6th YEAR!!!!!!!!!! UPDATED: Officially Confirmed by the U!!

I hope that he is not confirming he is returning because he has learned to think things over carefully. Until yesterday there was only a 2% chance of him getting the 6th year so I'm sure it is a big surprise. ;)
Seriously, until an option is known for sure it is hard to know exactly what the best choice is. I'm happy with his comment - he should carefully weigh his options and discuss it with those close to him.

I hope that he is not confirming he is returning because he has learned to think things over carefully. Until yesterday there was only a 2% chance of him getting the 6th year so I'm sure it is a big surprise. ;)
Seriously, until an option is known for sure it is hard to know exactly what the best choice is. I'm happy with his comment - he should carefully weigh his options and discuss it with those close to him.

I won’t worry about Trevor taking some time to decide his future, it’s a huge decision with pros and cons (and a lot of uncertainty) no matter which path he chooses. But very happy for him that he has the choice to make.

Also, I would expect that the staff would ask him not to make any type of announcement right now. The team has games yet to play and there is no need for any additional distraction. The “who will lose their scholarship to Mbakwe” questions will only intensify if he says definitively that he’s coming back.

This team could be special next year!!!

Also, want to echo an earlier post about Trevor being a great guy. I met him a year back and he was one of the nicest guys you could meet. I'm really glad he has been granted a 6th year.

Receiving a sixth year is very uncommon but it does pose a scholarship problem. How about we pass a new rule where the team could have a 14th scholarship for that year. The scholarship would have to be made up in the next year or two by going down one.

he basically has to decide to cut one of his teammates

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a player unhappy and thinking the grass is greener on the other side. As in Chip. Just a guess, he could be a starter on another team, not going to happen here.

Tough to give up some sure money...BUT, one more year to prove himself and he could be a top 10 draft pick. As it is now, I think he is mid second round.

Receiving a sixth year is very uncommon but it does pose a scholarship problem. How about we pass a new rule where the team could have a 14th scholarship for that year. The scholarship would have to be made up in the next year or two by going down one.

Yeah, I realize that just receiving a 6th year is uncommon but then throw in the the fact that its a basketball player receiving it. NCAA basketball is a sport where many players with realistic NBA aspirations never make it to 4 years. Trevor has realistic NBA aspirations and he has the option of staying for a 6th year.

Play Big East ball...I agree. I'm hoping Trevor can come back 100%. The turn around on ACL replacement varies from person to person.

I read 148 posts on the topic of Trevor's return and this was the only one that mentioned anything about his health and the challenge of returning from a serious injury. There is no assurance he comes back full strength and it will certainly take at least part of the season for him to get back to normal, even if everything goes perfectly in his recovery. We lost a player, Mo, for well over a year because of serious injury. Before declaring us title contenders, I want to see Trevor in action and healthy.

The extra year will help the team and I think it will help Trevor prove to the pros he is healthy enough to play. I can't imagine any guarantee being made by a pro team for a guy coming off an injury like that.

Here is hoping he is healthy enough to play and comes back for another year.

Someone posted on here a while back that Mbakwe has projected as the 8th overall pick. This was even after his knee injury. If in fact he is going to be drafted that high why would he come back?

IMO the deciding factor will be if and where he would be drafted. If he is a first-rounder that will be tough to pass up.

katze019 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a player unhappy and thinking the grass is greener on the other side. As in Chip. Just a guess, he could be a starter on another team, not going to happen here.

Definitely possible. But won't know for sure until the season is over.

I doubt we hear anything specific from Trevor until then.

He obviously put his stamp of approval on applying for the waiver and has said he wants to get it so I think right now is just letting them finish the season and being respectful and a good teammate.

scools12 said:
Someone posted on here a while back that Mbakwe has projected as the 8th overall pick. This was even after his knee injury. If in fact he is going to be drafted that high why would he come back?

IMO that will be the deciding factor is if and where he would be drafted. If he is a first-rounder that will be tough to pass up.

He was the 8th pick in the 2013 draft. So not this coming draft, but after playing his 6th year.

This team could be special next year!!!

Also, want to echo an earlier post about Trevor being a great guy. I met him a year back and he was one of the nicest guys you could meet. I'm really glad he has been granted a 6th year.

Now I'd like to echo your post, about echoing an earlier post, in regards to Trevor being a good guy. Here is a story I saw on Facebook the other day.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/golde...-young-gopher-fan-in-philly/10150738037437780

IMO the deciding factor will be if and where he would be drafted. If he is a first-rounder that will be tough to pass up.

Thats where NBAdraft.net projects he will be picked in the 2013 draft.

no way. You don't go 8th with a serious knee injury.

"Someone" is not a reliable source.

I looked at several 2012 mock drafts last night. None of them have Trevor listed.

Surprisingly, all of them had Leonard, Myers listed right around the lottery bubble. Has he declared, or is that speculation??

BRUCEKAUPA!

Lots of juicy rumors going around. The same guy who said Maverick & Coleman were looking to transfer also said Trevor had already gottena 6th tear. Another juicy one from a different source says look for Trent Locket to announce his plans to attend the U on Tuesday.

Lots of juicy rumors going around. The same guy who said Maverick & Coleman were looking to transfer also said Trevor had already gottena 6th tear. Another juicy one from a different source says look for Trent Locket to announce his plans to attend the U on Tuesday.

I sure hope you're right on the latter, and wrong on the former (I don't want to see Coleman leave, I think he's got a promising future).

I think Mav and Chip transfer, Trent comes in, Coleman stays, Mbakwe comes back, we win the Battle 4 Atlantis, go undefeated in preseason, sweep the B1G, win the NCAA tournament, solve world hunger, and measure the Higgs Boson.

Coleman leaving would be terrible from an instate recruiting perspective. He's plugged into the AAU circuit and the Hopkins pipeline.

It might happen that Locket announce Tuesday that he will attend the U and I for one hope he does. However, it would seem smarter to wait until after the NIT has ended as there is somebody currently on this team that has to be sent packing if Lockett comes on board. For the sake of the team I would think they would ask Trent to wait.

It might happen that Locket announce Tuesday that he will attend the U and I for one hope he does. However, it would seem smarter to wait until after the NIT has ended as there is somebody currently on this team that has to be sent packing if Lockett comes on board. For the sake of the team I would think they would ask Trent to wait.

I hope they both wait until after the NIT is over. At least for the U to officially announce it.

CRG, I'm still in a daze. Let us know when you can project a starting lineup. All I can see for sure is we're a preseason top 25 selection.

Go Gophers!

"Someone" is not a reliable source.

I looked at several 2012 mock drafts last night. None of them have Trevor listed.

Surprisingly, all of them had Leonard, Myers listed right around the lottery bubble. Has he declared, or is that speculation??

BRUCEKAUPA!

Trevor was listed as the 8th overall pick in 2013.

Get your popcorn ready.

Although I don't see Coleman transferring after starting the last few games. Chip on the other hand...

Is the Coleman rumor recent, or was it from earlier in the year when he wasn't playing much?

Top Bottom