MIKE MAX: TREVOR GETS 6th YEAR!!!!!!!!!! UPDATED: Officially Confirmed by the U!!

Joe Esposito asked me to tell you to not question the quality of the non-conference schedule, less he be "SMH" at you!!

1st line

dre
austin
trent
rodney
trevor

2nd line (only used in non conference season)
welch
chip
coleman
oto
mo

redshirt
ee edit - already redshirted - trying to look too far ahead while not looking back - make him the 1st B1G off the bench
wally
bugs

mav > winona st
ingram > St thomas

2,700 posts and this is what you come up with? Really?

The University of Minnesota will make the announcement on Friday.

yPqWQ.gif

This should hopefully put an end to all the "Tubby Smith interested in (insert South Carolina,Tulsa,etc...) coaching vacancy rumors.

jamalo said:
Don't get too excited. LIL Joel will overturn it based upon his superior ethical stamdards!!

You are awesome with nicknames

I'm not convinced that we need Trent...
starters:
Dre
Austin
Joe or EE
Rodney
Trevor

with Welch subbing at the 1 or 2, Chip at 2 and 3, EE at the 5, and Oto subbing as needed at 3 and 4 along with Ingram as-needed.

The 3 freshman on the floor together have been awfully fun to watch with their energy and enthusiasm. I don't want to break that up too much, but you know Rodney and Trevor will also bring "it".

One problem with the roster: where would Wally and Buggs fit in? Both redshirt? There's really not much room. I've even forgotten about Mo Walker - where's he going to find playing time? Tubby's got too much talent without Trent. It'll be hard to find playing time for everyone if both Trevor and Trent end up playing.

Tubby has too much talent now?? Oofta, I don't think I'd go that far

This should hopefully put an end to all the "Tubby Smith interested in (insert South Carolina,Tulsa,etc...) coaching vacancy rumors.

Except for some South Carolina media types have been emailing our media types that Tubby's been contacting SC HS coaches gauging their talent. Not sure if that's true, but it's what some of our media members have been saying.

Doogie's Twitter: "Lots going on. @sportstalksc emailed to say they're reporting Tubby has called HS coaches in So. Car. to get a feel for the state's talent."

Except for some South Carolina media types have been emailing our media types that Tubby's been contacting SC HS coaches gauging their talent. Not sure if that's true, but it's what some of our media members have been saying.

Doogie's Twitter: "Lots going on. @sportstalksc emailed to say they're reporting Tubby has called HS coaches in So. Car. to get a feel for the state's talent."
Lots going on - some talk here that Flip has been at all the latest Gopher games (eye witnesses!) and attending high school games to assess talent.

"@BTNTomDienhart: Great for #Gopher team already loaded for next year. RT “@ESPNAndyKatz: NCAA grants Minnesota's Mbakwe sixth season"

Go Gophers!!

Assuming that Trevor comes back, I really hope that Tubby isn't inclined to keep playing 10 people. In my opinion, Mav shouldn't play barring an injury or foul problems. Our team should play 8 guys quite a bit...
Trevor
Rodney
Hollins
Coleman
Dre
------
Welch
EE
Chip/Mo - Depending on the other team

Oto has to get some minutes if you ask me.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
mbakwe-dunk1_thumb.jpg

"@BTNTomDienhart: Great for #Gopher team already loaded for next year. RT “@ESPNAndyKatz: NCAA grants Minnesota's Mbakwe sixth season"

Go Gophers!!

Loaded is right.

Andre, Welch, Austin, Rodney, Mbakwe, EE, Mo, Joe as our core. Oto, Ingram and incoming freshman too!

So happy for Trevor. Anyone who has talked to him for a minute knows he is a great guy.

I'm pretty excited right now, but I'm trying my hardest not to celebrate too much unil I hear something official from Tubby and the U of M. It's obviously looking good though. All I can say is 1) if Mbakwe is back, the sky is the limit for this team and 2) Mbakwe better play primarily at the 5 with Rodney primarily at the 4. This announcement couldn't come soon enough...

I wonder how the scholarship situation is going to work out. If Tubby doesn't want to pull a sketchy move and force a transfer, one option is to try to get Wally to go to prep school. I know it's a stretch, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Call the numbers what you want, I see Andre, Austin, Rodney, Trevor, EE as our starters. Joe, Welch, Mo as part-time starters/major contributors, the rest as X Factors.

I know some people put too much attention towards the positions, but they aren't meaningless. Regardless of what position you want to call it, if Trevor and EE are in the game at the same time, they're both going to be playing close to the basket. If that's the case, there is a lot less room to operate near the basket for another player like Rodney if he is playing the 3(and it would also only leave two players at the perimeter if all three are close to the basket). Having Rodney at the "4" and Mbakwe at the "5" allows Rodney to continue what he's been doing the last 4 games as well as keep a maximum amount of shooters in the game and let us have as much speed/athleticism on the floor at one time. I strongly believe having a 3 guard lineup with Mbakwe at the 5 and Rodney at the 4 is the best possible lineup for the Gophers.

If this is true, my fondest wish would be that Tubby goes gonzo next year - Nolan Richardson "40 Minutes Of Hell" gonzo. Come out from the gate running and gunning, Full-court press, and just try to bury teams. No more slowing it down and keeping the game close. Bury the mothers. Stomp on their throats. Beat Iowa by 40 points......no, make that 50 points. Make the Barn the hottest place in town again. You want a practice facility, Tubby? Give us a 25+ win season - make a run in the B1G - and get a decent seed in the NCAA. That should get the donors reaching for their checkbooks.

I wonder how the scholarship situation is going to work out. If Tubby doesn't want to pull a sketchy move and force a transfer, one option is to try to get Wally to go to prep school. I know it's a stretch, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm guessing they already know. The Beast went down in November, so everyone has known it was a possibility. I hope this means we can redshirt Buggs who I believe has the whole package, except for a B1G body. Wally and him start the next wave. Needless to say, our 3 Fall recruits are very important. Need a C, PG, and from the offers out there they want a PF. Looks to me our program is heading back to prominence.

Go Gophers!

If this is true, my fondest wish would be that Tubby goes gonzo next year - Nolan Richardson "40 Minutes Of Hell" gonzo. Come out from the gate running and gunning, Full-court press, and just try to bury teams. No more slowing it down and keeping the game close. Bury the mothers. Stomp on their throats. Beat Iowa by 40 points......no, make that 50 points. Make the Barn the hottest place in town again. You want a practice facility, Tubby? Give us a 25+ win season - make a run in the B1G - and get a decent seed in the NCAA. That should get the donors reaching for their checkbooks.

+1

Top Bottom