Michael Carter arrested and jailed for obstructing the legal process

I agree with maturing a lot from freshman to junior year in college, but is there something inside frat houses that takes this ability away? Ive had trouble finding a non D-bag there, even if theyre 40. Freshman mistakes happen, get over it, Traye gets a second chance to prove himself, Michael Carter gets a swift kick in the ass

I agree with maturing a lot from freshman to junior year in college, but is there something inside frat houses that takes this ability away? Ive had trouble finding a non D-bag there, even if theyre 40. Freshman mistakes happen, get over it, Traye gets a second chance to prove himself, Michael Carter gets a swift kick in the ass

That's not fair. The nice thing about being in a frat is that you get to learn where the boundaries are and can get just that much closer. you shouldn't bash them because they're better at knowing how far to push things.

Seriously, unless you're in a fraternity you only get exposed to them on social occasions. There is alot more going on there than meets the eye. Plus we got laid alot more. Just sayin.

I'm sorry your ability to count is limited to the single digits. That must be very difficult for you

You understand what I'm trying to say. The amount of off the field incidents has been a problem this year.

You understand what I'm trying to say. The amount of off the field incidents has been a problem this year.

I don't think it has. We're talking about two right? That's not exactly epidemic levels or anything. I understand the coaching staff and administration aims for zero, but come on. Let's not get all crazy because one kid like to play Luke Skywalker with a 2x4 and one other gets stupid with a cop.

Big time disagree with you man, after 3-4 years in college you learn alot about yourself and how the world works. 18 compared to 21 is huge as far as maturity goes. As someone a few years out of college looking back through recent memory, I was a frickin idiot at 18-19, I also feel like I grew up at 21-22.

The difference is not 19 to 21 - it is 3 years of living independently vs 1. There is a tremendous increase in maturity level in those two years for almost everyone.

So we should rely on almost-middle-aged men? I think that might hurt recruitment. In terms of breaking the law, I doubt there is much of a difference between 19 year old and 21 year olds, other than the fact that one can legally drink and one cannot.

Sorry, meant to quote here.

The difference is not 19 to 21 - it is 3 years of living independently vs 1. There is a tremendous increase in maturity level in those two years for almost everyone.

Actually its both. The brain is not developed at 18 (thats his age) which is proven. C'mon people wake up. At 18 the brain is NOT developed fully. Get that through your (hopefully) developed heads.

You can't seriously be this stupid.

There is no such thing as "self defense" when you're engaging with a police officer.

Period.

wow.....just wow! ever seen the rodney king video einstein? not saying this is even remotely like that, but don't say something as stupid as people are not allowed to use "self-defense" when dealing with over-zealous cops. there are many cops who like to rough people up even when they didn't do anything during their arrest to condone it.

:rolleyes:

I don't think it has. We're talking about two right? That's not exactly epidemic levels or anything. I understand the coaching staff and administration aims for zero, but come on. Let's not get all crazy because one kid like to play Luke Skywalker with a 2x4 and one other gets stupid with a cop.

Dandridge, Mckinley, Tinsley (although not reprimanded), Carter, Watkins, and Whaley has had issues before and mysteriously missed the first two games with turf toe. That to me is a lot of problems going on during the season.

So :pig: are always in the right? You need to not be such a tool. The system certainly isn't perfect and there are a fair number of corrupt :pig: out there who just want to get back at the type of guy they despised in HS.

If life hasn't taught me to be wary of police, then hip-hop has. But I still know that whether or not they're in the right, pushing back against the cops is NEVER a good idea. Especially when it's a corrupt :pig::horse: who's taking out his problems on you.

I think we all agree that Carter made a huge mistake when resisting arrest. Bottom line. Your just asking for it once they are involved and you're still out of control.

Actually its both. The brain is not developed at 18 (thats his age) which is proven. C'mon people wake up. At 18 the brain is NOT developed fully. Get that through your (hopefully) developed heads.

so...how long before the brain stops developing? I've been waiting for it, and it hasn't happened yet. Should I worry?

Dandridge, Mckinley, Tinsley (although not reprimanded), Carter, Watkins, and Whaley has had issues before and mysteriously missed the first two games with turf toe. That to me is a lot of problems going on during the season.

I was only aware of the two incidents, Tinsley and this one. Enlighten me on the other arests of Dandridge, McKinley, and Whaley this year.

I think we all agree that Carter made a huge mistake when resisting arrest. Bottom line. Your just asking for it once they are involved and you're still out of control.

you have made your points (even if some do not agree with them). do you really need to post 50 times in this 100 post thread to prove that?! :rolleyes:

Haha I'm sure you got laid more, unfortunately, experimenting with your roomates would count as getting laid, and paying for your friends, so technically, its like prostitution, I would hope you'd get at least a little action when you dont allow any other males in besides the ones who live there, then pumping the girls with roofies, but hey, whatever gets it done for you bud.

That's not fair. The nice thing about being in a frat is that you get to learn where the boundaries are and can get just that much closer. you shouldn't bash them because they're better at knowing how far to push things.

Seriously, unless your in a fraternity you only get exposed to them on social occasions. There is alot more going on there than meets the eye. Plus we got laid alot more. Just sayin.

Haha I'm sure you got laid more, unfortunately, experimenting with your roomates would count as getting laid, and paying for your friends, so technically, its like prostitution, I would hope you'd get at least a little action when you dont allow any other males in besides the ones who live there, then pumping the girls with roofies, but hey, whatever gets it done for you bud.

NICE!

He had some insightful posts here and there too... will miss them.

It never ceases to amaze me what idiotic decisions some of these guys make.

Let's see, I'm pretty much a public figure by being a major-college football player. I'm a freshman and apparently I've moved ahead of a senior (Traye Simmons) on the depth chart. ... I think to celebrate I'm going to go out and under-age drink, then resist arrest. Quality decision making.

Discipline starts off the field, and it certainly doesn't appear to be demanded on the field with all the stupid, undisciplined penalties the Gophers commit. That's gotta' be one of Brew's biggest priorities right now, nipping the cheap stuff & taunting in the bud before it gets out of hand. I think the talent level is clearly up, but so is the stupid undisciplined penalty quotient.

I am starting to wonder whether the players respect the coaches on the team at all. Recall, Stoudemire a cuople weeks ago...then I notice Adam Weber arguing with both Brew & Fisch on the sidelines last week. Something is going on here.

Believe what you want my boy. All I can say women were not a problem and we didn't have to do anything illegal for that to happen, just open the door. Jealousy.

Believe what you want my boy. All I can say women were not a problem and we didn't have to do anything illegal for that to happen, just open the door. Jealousy.

Ha Ha now this thread is gettin good....I believe schnoodler.

so...how long before the brain stops developing? I've been waiting for it, and it hasn't happened yet. Should I worry?

Well it should be about 21 but for an immature "prick" like you or jakio I'd say it will never happen. Its not your fault you got dropped on your head as a child though.:(

Well it should be about 21 but for an immature "prick" like you or jakio I'd say it will never happen. Its not your fault you got dropped on your head as a child though.:(

Well that's not very nice. You're off my xmas card list buddy.

Before you all judge Carter You should know

I had the exact same thing happen to me by a UMPD officer and had all charges dropped. They tried to get me with Obstruct legal process and made me spend the night in jail. I got a U of M lawyer (they are free) and it took them 2 seconds of talking to the Minneapolis city attorney to realize that the UMPD over stepped their bounds and it was not obstruction. So remember that UMPD are the biggest jerks around, and once all the facts come out I see these charges also getting dropped.

DO you really need to call me out you prick? Ignore list.

yes, i do. you prick. you are a loud-mouthed, holier-than-thou smart-ass. nothing more than an internet tough guy. maybe you and art vandelay can start your own echo-chamber chat room where nothing but barbs and cheap shots are thrown around at others from behind your computer screens.

finally, do you really think i give a rip if i am on your ignore list? PLEASE put me on there. THANK YOU!

have a good night mr. know-it-all. :rolleyes:

this board needs a "hall of fame" where threads like this can go.

Do you know any more facts in the case beyond those reported in the press to sustain your optimism re MC's situation?

you have made your points (even if some do not agree with them). do you really need to post 50 times in this 100 post thread to prove that?! :rolleyes:

LOL!!!!! BNG - some people on here actually believe YOU like to 'over-respond' in threads. Hmmmm. Pot, kettle; kettle, pot. LOL

Top Bottom