Michael Carter arrested and jailed for obstructing the legal process

Oh no! Not an (ex-)prep! You being an ex-athlete explains a lot. Remind me what happened because I think your the only guy who remembers.

Ha ha........you are from Hutchinson, no? Maybe this is worthy of pm's but I am getting the itch to consume alcohol so I may not have time for this. It was a good field goal at the end of the game, no? Well than again you were only 13 at the time so you very well may not remember. Lyndon Murtha fell like a tree that game.

It's a misdemeanor charge they're not gonna put that much priority on it. btw you don't NEED witnesses for a resisting charge. Did you ever think of a dashboard camera or voice recorder...those work too...Really though why would you fight a low level charge like this. It's a waste of time.

Why would you fight it? are you an idiot? Why would you want a misdemeanor on your record, especially when a cop over steps his bounds. This is a clear cut case of racism.

It is absolutely acceptable if you are in college. Being 21 is a joke. At the very max it should be 19.

18 is not underage. 18 is old enough to vote, die for this country, and a million other things.

Here is a link showing it is a J O K E.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age

Not listening to a cop is unacceptable.

18-20 year olds drinking impedes the development of the brain. Maybe you can look that one up on the wiki. Why are cops always free of any guilt just cause they're cops. Them and politicians abbuse the system SO much. Warning: Language. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsCuurneZVE

Doesn't it all seem a little strange tho? Really? I mean they see an almost altercation, and seemingly disappointed that there wasn't one go and creat their own. Isn't their job to keep the peace, not instigate the trouble. I mean it just seems odd.

after reading the star tribune article i was left thinking the same thing.

it sounds like the UMPD made sure that they had a little action where there really wasn't any. almost seems like they provoked the entire thing. there was no actual fight between the other two guys and carter/watkins, no punches were thrown, no shoving occurred, they all dispersed, everyone left the scene. no problem. later finding out they might have a couple U of M athletes involved in what ended up being a non-incident the UMPD officer in his/her over-zealousness calls for back-up (really??), heads into the restaurant demanding they come outside for a fight that never even happened and the UMPD creates a little incident of their own making by acting tough. i would have been upset too if i was carter -- especially if the officer tried to play "tough guy" and throw me to the ground for something i didn't even do.

the UMPD's response to what never ended up going down here (between carter/watkins and those two guys) reminds me of a similar unnecessary incident that fox 9 created a couple years ago by following some U of M hockey players into a bar with hidden cameras just so they could release the tape on some sleazy investigative reporting show.

basically, nothing but manufactured drama by the UMPD and fox 9 in the u of m hockey incident.

""This is a clear cut case of racism. ""

Yep, here comes the racist part now. :confused:

Actually would have been 10 so yeah I don't remember it not to mention I was on a trip in Missouri. And do you really care that much about HS? Seriously time to move on. Go have your drinks and forget about the here and now and reflect on the one time you did something that didn't really matter.

Why would you fight it? are you an idiot? Why would you want a misdemeanor on your record, especially when a cop over steps his bounds. This is a clear cut case of racism.

Woof. On that note, I disappear for the next few days. This board is about to implode.... :(

Actually would have been 10 so yeah I don't remember it not to mention I was on a trip in Missouri. And do you really care that much about HS? Seriously time to move on. Go have your drinks and forget about the here and now and reflect on the one time you did something that didn't really matter.

No, no, no you are totally missing the point. There was an allusion of sorts there...mostly ragging on you because you are from Hutch and I knew that and I just so happened to have been involved in the defeat of arguably the best team in the history of your city. That is all. Maybe this year if you get past a horrible draw for your section can you guys carry out revenge. M West is gonna beat you though.

BNG...

after reading the star tribune article i was left thinking the same thing.

it sounds like the UMPD made sure that they had a little action where there really wasn't any. almost seems like they provoked the entire thing. there was no actual fight between the other two guys and carter/watkins, no punches were thrown, no shoving occurred, they all dispersed, everyone left the scene. no problem. later finding out they might have a couple U of M athletes involved in what ended up being a non-incident the UMPD officer in his/her over-zealousness calls for back-up (really??), heads into the restaurant demanding they come outside for a fight that never even happened and the UMPD creates a little incident of their own making by acting tough. i would have been upset too if i was carter -- especially if the officer tried to play "tough guy" and throw me to the ground for something i didn't even do.

the UMPD's response to what never ended up going down here (between carter/watkins and those two guys) reminds me of a similar unnecessary incident that fox 9 created a couple years ago by following some U of M hockey players into a bar with hidden cameras just so they could release the tape on some sleazy investigative reporting show.

basically, nothing but manufactured drama by the UMPD and fox 9 in the u of m hockey incident.

Seems like you're suggesting the UMPD needs special sensitivity training for some officers...or perhaps even more.

LOL!!!!! BNG - some people on here actually believe YOU like to 'over-respond' in threads. Hmmmm. Pot, kettle; kettle, pot. LOL

well, someone has to over-respond to the over-responders. otherwise the inmates would be running this asylum more than they already do! ;)

Ha ha ha...let's just say during the state semifinals in 2003 I was one of the players that decimated all of the hopes and dreams of the Hutchinson fan base. God that was a great feeling. Gotta love football, filled with high highs..and very low, lows.

Oh, now this is great, great stuff. It was destined to be the thread of the year before Web Warrior here stepped up to the plate. We could be seeing the beginnings of the first annual Gopherhole Throwdown underneath the Hutch bleechers. Maybe Gopherprof or Bronko Nagurski Gopher and I can fight too, in a co-main event! :clap:

Amazing, amazing stuff.

No, no, no you are totally missing the point. There was an allusion of sorts there...mostly ragging on you because you are from Hutch and I knew that and I just so happened to have been involved in the defeat of arguably the best team in the history of your city. That is all. Maybe this year if you get past a horrible draw for your section can you guys carry out revenge. M West is gonna beat you though.

Best Hutch team ever? We had 3 D-1 guys but 2 of them were at positions that have never mattered in Hutch and Murtha's aren't Hutch residents any more :clap:. Point is, IT'S HIGH SCHOOL. THE YEARS WHERE YOUR AT YOUR DUMBEST and guess what, YOU'RE STILL THERE. I'll grow out of it despite already being less of a dink.

When the umpd officer tried to get the obstruction charge on me, HE TOTALLY PROVOKED the incident, he got in my face and slammed me to the ground just like carter. I hope that he gets a U of M lawyer to help me out. Someone has to let them know that they are free and really good at what they do. The UMPD are jokes.

Best Hutch team ever? We had 3 D-1 guys but 2 of them were at positions that have never mattered in Hutch and Murtha's aren't Hutch residents any more :clap:. Point is, IT'S HIGH SCHOOL. THE YEARS WHERE YOUR AT YOUR DUMBEST and guess what, YOU'RE STILL THERE. I'll grow out of it despite already being less of a dink.

Let me know the next time the paper thinks you are Better than Eden Prairie. They were your best team. So by your standards, this is the dumbest you will ever be. I can certainly agree with your statement.

So remember that UMPD are the biggest jerks around, and once all the facts come out I see these charges also getting dropped.

I'd have to disagree, when I've dealt with the UMPD they seem to be pretty lenient when compared to MPLS police. If it was off campus (haven't done my research) it was probably the Minneapolis PD anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

When the umpd officer tried to get the obstruction charge on me, HE TOTALLY PROVOKED the incident, he got in my face and slammed me to the ground just like carter. I hope that he gets a U of M lawyer to help me out. Someone has to let them know that they are free and really good at what they do. The PD are jokes.

Fixed

Let me know the next time the paper thinks you are Better than Eden Prairie. They were your best team. So by your standards, this is the dumbest you will ever be. I can certainly agree with your statement.

Yeah, we really took advantage of having Mort and Swift. Oh wait, we ran it 90+% of the time.

If the story went according to the Strib article than the cops had every right to question those two, search them, and tell them to raise their hands. If a fight almost occurs, it is the responsibility for the cops on scene to get to the bottom of it. I would imagine there wouldn't have been any charges had Carter not acted like an idiot. Watkins (who i'm sure also had been drinking) didn't get anything (if memory serves me correct). Like I said, if it went like the police report states, Carter deserved what he got.

Yeah, we really took advantage of having Mort and Swift. Oh wait, we ran it 90+% of the time.

Swift was your running back if memory serves correct. I think he did everything on offense

why didn't the cops stop the people who walked away. Oh ya they were not black. I don't like turing this to a race thing, but that was the only difference between the 2 groups. Also so are the UMPD is going to go around and frisk people when ever they want now?

Swift was your running back if memory serves correct. I think he did everything on offense

Nope, I can't think of his name but it was a red-headed kid who wound up playing at Ridgewater I'm pretty sure.

I'd have to disagree, when I've dealt with the UMPD they seem to be pretty lenient when compared to MPLS police. If it was off campus (haven't done my research) it was probably the Minneapolis PD anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

no.....it was the UMPD. not the MPD. says so in the mpls star tribune story.

Brew Recruit, how do you know the race of any of them other than Carter and Watkins??

why didn't the cops stop the people who walked away. Oh ya they were not black. I don't like turing this to a race thing, but that was the only difference between the 2 groups. Also so are the UMPD is going to go around and frisk people when ever they want now?

i hate to say it as well, but something tells me there is a decent chance that may have been at least a contributing factor in exactly how the whole thing went down. don't kid yourselves people by thinking that it wasn't. such a reaction by police is not unique to minneapolis or the UMPD (thankfully). unfortunately, it happens all over the country. it sucks, but it is true.

and this is coming from a german-heritage white guy.

Top Bottom