Michael Carter arrested and jailed for obstructing the legal process

Well that's just great news.....

Really though,what was he thinking trying to resist officer's orders? Just incredibly dumb, I don't get how these kids can think they're gonna win that one.

Oh *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# NO. Are you serious??????????? This is insanity. Suspension immediately make a F'n example of them now.

It is the alcohol that

so many of you want to consume in TCF Bank stadium that makes people do dumb things. Suspend him for a game and make him go to AA.

That sucks! He's going to be a good player let's hope he uses his nogin! I'm sure 95% of people on hear drank before they were 21, but the resisting arrest thing is just not smart at all!

so many of you want to consume in TCF Bank stadium that makes people do dumb things. Suspend him for a game and make him go to AA.

How the hell do you attempt to attack the police officers?? Seriously what is going through your mind at that point in your life. Un-freaking believable. I mean I got bombed a lot in college but resisting arrest is asking to get your balls cut off. He's in deep sh!t. Whaley V.2 here we go...

Ugh... why cant players just learn to wait to do stupid **** until after they leave college?

Obviously wasnt thinking and now the team will suffer for it.

I just can't get over how stupid drunk he had to have been to sit there and try to fight cops. Especially since he probably is outweighed by both of them lol. And then why are they picking fights in the first place. I don't fault guys who may get into dust ups so often, but when you're the one sitting there picking the fight, what are you doing?

Obviously he needs the help of another supporting program...MC, best wishes for a full recovery, your GG family needs you.

Hopefully his uncle Tyrone will whoop some sense in to him!!

I support this team but there are some incredibly undiscipled morons on it!!! All the personal fouls on the field indicate a definite lack of maturity but this off field bullshiite is inexcusable!!

I support this team but there are some incredibly undiscipled morons on it!!! All the personal fouls on the field indicate a definite lack of maturity but this off field bullshiite is inexcusable!!

There is some obvious lack of discipline on this team and it is maddening. Our coaches must be push-overs.

I think they come in that way, notice they're always the youngsters. Need to step over the line and get whacked once or twice to get it sometimes.

It never ceases to amaze me what idiotic decisions some of these guys make.

Let's see, I'm pretty much a public figure by being a major-college football player. I'm a freshman and apparently I've moved ahead of a senior (Traye Simmons) on the depth chart. ... I think to celebrate I'm going to go out and under-age drink, then resist arrest. Quality decision making.

Discipline starts off the field, and it certainly doesn't appear to be demanded on the field with all the stupid, undisciplined penalties the Gophers commit. That's gotta' be one of Brew's biggest priorities right now, nipping the cheap stuff & taunting in the bud before it gets out of hand. I think the talent level is clearly up, but so is the stupid undisciplined penalty quotient.

Oh *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# NO. Are you serious??????????? This is insanity. Suspension immediately make a F'n example of them now.

Agreed. Suspend Carter for the next 2 games, send him to Tyrone for an old fashioned whuppin', then get him back for Iowa.

I'm getting sick of the stupidity on this team. You can't stop kids from drinking, but you'd think at the very least you could teach them not to f_ with the police.
And what's with all the fights? Didn't he get this crap out of his system during the game?

I haven't done any real analysis here, but it seems like about 55% of the team is from Minnesota and 45% from elsewhere, but 90% of the guys who get into trouble are not the ones from Minnesota. Willie VanDeSteeg is the only native Minnesotan I can remember getting into trouble.

Say what you want about Iowa, but at least they keep the majority of their arrests to the offseason.

Unreal

I just don't get how dumb some of our players are... How many more real-life examples do these fools need?

Nothing what these players do surprise me, I don't get outraged, I generally don't care....as long as they are publically punished and it's not "handled internally".

Note to Brew: lack of player discipline can do the team a lot of damage both on and off the field. Maybe this will lead to some more effective, badly needed teaching moments and behavioral seminars.

AA?

ha hah ahahaha...

Is everyone on here 65?

Man college kids being college kids. Sucks.. stupid.. all that.

But not out of the norm.

AA?

ha hah ahahaha...

Is everyone on here 65?

But not out of the norm.

For normal college students, yes. But typically most Division 1 college athletes try to stay sober during the season. The ones who don't aren't taking things very seriously; It's as simple as that.

AA?

ha hah ahahaha...

Is everyone on here 65?

But not out of the norm.

Ok, the TCF/liquor argument is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard...but this is out of the norm. College kids drink. Pricks and idiots drink, then try and start a fight with two (likely much smaller) guys, when they're rolling with a number of players from their D1 FOOTBALL TEAM....then top it all off by getting lippy/belligerent with the police.

OR take the SEC route

suspend him for the first half vs. Illinois.

Top Bottom