Matt Miller on Tyler Johnson: Rd 6-7; He’s not fast. He’s not big. He’s not getting good character reports

Eh the actual depiction / details of some of the media folks in that film also has no basis in fact either.

Careful about "the media" panic. That is largely a path to just believing what you want to believe and blaming everything that doesn't jive on "the media".

Neither the newspaper nor the FBI ever had one single shred of actual evidence against Richard Jewell. Not one.

We should scan every article and tweet and email exchange to see if anyone doesn’t say that all NFL teams are ready to trade their entire draft for Tyler Johnson and roast them.

We should show up at their house, attack them on Twitter and pester them for the rest of their lives.

It makes perfect sense for our insecure fan base to care so much about what one guy thinks of Tyler Johnson

TJ sounds a lot like Thielen, 6-2 200 lbs, not a burner, but a great route runner, great on contested balls. TJ will probably go in the 3rd, part of that is this may be the deepest WR draft in a decade.

Thielen ran a 4.45 40 at a post season camp to get an invite from the Vikings to try out. He’s fast.

We should scan every article and tweet and email exchange to see if anyone doesn’t say that all NFL teams are ready to trade their entire draft for Tyler Johnson and roast them.

We should show up at their house, attack them on Twitter and pester them for the rest of their lives.

It makes perfect sense for our insecure fan base to care so much about what one guy thinks of Tyler Johnson
Wut?

What the hell is wrong with this guy?
Odds are good he never heard a thing, but feels it would be more damaging to his image to admit he misspoke than to double-down on it. His sources are not named and there is no way for anyone to audit what he is saying. One could argue that he is winning in this discussion - for instance, I had no idea who the F he was until his name appeared here on GH. Now I do.....

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Easier to just double down on it then to back down or spend a lot of time trying to justify your take. I would think if there were character concerns with TJ we would have gotten some wind of it during his time here but it is what it is. Tons of people put out mock drafts and pretend to know what NFL teams are going to do when they are just guessing anyway.

If he is wrong and TJ goes in the 2nd or 3rd round it won't matter to him and if he turns out to be right and TJ goes late he can use it to try and boost his credibility and get more subscribers.

Edit - Holy crap....I just agreed with Spoofin....now I am kind of doubting my opinion on this one :)

What a piece of shit. Seriously. Johnson has been a model citizen his entire Gophers career, and this assclown is making up garbage to libel him. Moreover, he's too big a coward to admit to it. This guy's "career" going down in flames would be the perfect ending, but he'll never be held to account for his lies.

When did TJ have the time to speak with ten plus NFL teams while the season was still winding down? And how did this clown get them to speak to him?

If TJ has any issues PJ would have addressed it, undoubtedly. There is no one player over team with PJ at the helm. Period.

Matt Miller is a pile o' shit. He attacks a kid's character publicly and doesn't even have the decency to back his attack with sources or particulars - so there's no way to refute it.

As the great Jerry Burns once said... "...Fuckers!!" (If you don't know the reference - but I expect you all do - look it up!)

Matt Miller is a pile o' shit. He attacks a kid's character publicly and doesn't even have the decency to back his attack with sources or particulars - so there's no way to refute it.

As the great Jerry Burns once said... "...Fuckers!!" (If you don't know the reference - but I expect you all do - look it up!)

That press conference was hilarious. So many times I want to go off like that.

If TJ has any issues PJ would have addressed it, undoubtedly. There is no one player over team with PJ at the helm. Period.

Good point. I thought the reports are that PJ takes discipline pretty seriously.

If you think the tweet is slanderous, you can report the tweet as abusive by clicking on the tweet’s downward arrow and select report. Maybe if enough people do it, Twitter will remove the posts, and maybe even suspend or cancel Miller’s account.

Note: Twitter is very cautious about taking action, but will if it’s clear the tweets violate their policies.

There are scouts that tell "their journalist" information to spread misinformation. The goal is to create a narrative so the player will hopefully fall to them. It also wouldn't surprise me if a former coach spoke down on him to NFL people. TJ blossomed under Fleck.

I’ve reading through the intense Twitter storm that has developed over the last hour or so. Supposedly, Matt has said on his podcast several times that Tyler is “entitled.” That is the alleged “character” issue. Maybe the poster above is correct that a former Gopher coach spread this. I can’t imagine anyone currently on staff would say that.

Ive been tweeting him about this for weeks.

I don't care if criticize someone for what they do on the field. Making up false character issues without evidence is unprofessional and wrong.

There are scouts that tell "their journalist" information to spread misinformation. The goal is to create a narrative so the player will hopefully fall to them. It also wouldn't surprise me if a former coach spoke down on him to NFL people. TJ blossomed under Fleck.
IIRC, Terry Kirby had a (false) draft day rumor that he was legally blind hurt his draft position a number of years back.

I wonder if Fleck gets the players an interview coach, they all do a really solid job at their press conferences.

I just want him to be a Viking! If falling in the draft from a bogus rumor somehow helps make that happen....we can guarantee him more money on the second contract. :cool:

Douches.

He’s back at it.

Response to Miller should sound like:

I've talked to all 32 NFL teams, and many in the CFL and XFL too. I haven't heard one thing about character issues with Tyler Johnson.

There, now we're both lying. I'll delete my tweet if you delete yours.

Top Bottom