Matt Miller on Tyler Johnson: Rd 6-7; He’s not fast. He’s not big. He’s not getting good character reports

Fact that TB stuck with him throughout all his preseason injury issues should say a lot about what they believe about him -- both in terms of talent and character. NFL is a cutthroat business. You'll be on the street pretty quickly if you can't play or don't work. Especially with Tom Brady as your QB, you can bet you'll rarely see a ball if you don't do the right things from Monday - Saturday. Kudos to TJ. I know it's just one game, but all of us who watched him for 4 years at MN know he'll be in the league for a long time.

Fact that TB stuck with him throughout all his preseason injury issues should say a lot about what they believe about him -- both in terms of talent and character. NFL is a cutthroat business. You'll be on the street pretty quickly if you can't play or don't work. Especially with Tom Brady as your QB, you can bet you'll rarely see a ball if you don't do the right things from Monday - Saturday. Kudos to TJ. I know it's just one game, but all of us who watched him for 4 years at MN know he'll be in the league for a long time.
I don't know about "stuck with him" comment...

I don't know about "stuck with him" comment...
NFL rosters are very thin and very competitive. Teams can only carry so many guys at each position. Training camp battles are brutal, and 5th - 7th round picks are routinely cut. With no preseason games and limited practices to show what he could do, TJ was at serious risk of getting dumped or put on a practice squad.

NFL rosters are very thin and very competitive. Teams can only carry so many guys at each position. Training camp battles are brutal, and 5th - 7th round picks are routinely cut. With no preseason games and limited practices to show what he could do, TJ was at serious risk of getting dumped or put on a practice squad.
I have a different take...TB clearly did not want to lose TJ. Knows it got a gem in a late round.

I have a different take...TB clearly did not want to lose TJ. Knows it got a gem in a late round.
So therefore they stuck with him because they didn't want to lose him. It seems like you are agreeing with the OP.

Top Bottom