Jordan Hinojosa - to North Dakota???

This is a tough one to stomach. If we're going to start running kids, we better freaking win the conference to counter balance the slime. We've waited 60 years. I'm fine not taking the short cut and doing it the right way. Similar to the Vikings signing Favre and it becoming superbowl or bust. If we're running kids, you better freaking win some trophy and bowl games. Even then, this doesn't sit well with me.

This is a tough one to stomach. If we're going to start running kids, we better freaking win the conference to counter balance the slime. We've waited 60 years. I'm fine not taking the short cut and doing it the right way. Similar to the Vikings signing Favre and it becoming superbowl or bust. If we're running kids, you better freaking win some trophy and bowl games. Even then, this doesn't sit well with me.

And how do you know we ran him off the team? You must have more to go on than what someone you don't know posted on a message board, right?

Imagine where we would be if we took what AJ said as fact.

Coach was going to tell him but I said no. I didn't want to discourage him. I feel it would've really messed him up. I'm just still scratching my head as to why. A position coach once told his players that he doesn't know why everyone doesn't like him because whenever he's out there, all he does is work. I'm thinking that everyone was the staff. If anyone has a real inside track, private message me. Well, my last post as a gopher parent. May they win the B1G, from the bottom of my heart. Bless you all.

Good luck to Jordan, and I hope you found the mall!

Good luck to Jordan, and I hope you found the mall!
He has been posting here for awhile. It finally dawned on me yesterday that it was "get them all". I couldn't figure out what "get the mall" meant. I'm a dummy.

He has been posting here for awhile. It finally dawned on me yesterday that it was "get them all". I couldn't figure out what "get the mall" meant. I'm a dummy.

I thought it was "get the mail" but mail was taken, so he just wrote mall.

I'm the real dummy.

I thought it was "get the mail" but mail was taken, so he just wrote mall.

I'm the real dummy.

I also thought get the mail. Figured he worked at the post office or something. For a year or so I wondered the significance of "tikited" and then he critiqued the LA tiki bars and I realized it was Tiki Ted.

Lol.... Get Them ALL. As in all the recruits.

Bottom line, he is not going to be able to contribute and play at this level. It is best for both parties(team and player) that he goes elsewhere to have a career. I don't think he would be happy, as a senior, not seeing the field.

I also thought get the mail. Figured he worked at the post office or something. For a year or so I wondered the significance of "tikited" and then he critiqued the LA tiki bars and I realized it was Tiki Ted.

Thanks! I always pronounced it 'ticketed'.

So I'm not living with any misperceptions, I'm not reading this (as some people are) that Jordan was kicked off the team or run off. But for reasons that we ordinary fans don't know, the coaching staff pulled his scholarship.

That doesn't mean that they expected him to quit school or leave the team, or that he wouldn't still be getting coached, or that he wouldn't still be working out in the weight room or participating in practices.

I'm glad that Jordan was able to find another school with good academics and a football program that wanted him more. Best of luck to Jordan and the Fighting Who. Beat whoever your new rival is!

I'm sure there's more there, but it's definitely best for both parties to probably just move on. I really wish this kid the best, I was pretty hopeful about him, especially with his journey to even get here. Hope everything works out great for him!

The U of M just can't pull someone's scholarship, it's a contract (with certain provisions from both sides).

That's actually not true. Scholarships can either be given as a four-year or year-to-year renewed at the University's option. The U does not give out four-year athletic scholarships. Very few schools do.

That is one of the things the NW union folks want to change - that either scholarships are guaranteed 4 year and/or players can transfer without sitting out. As it stands now I believe he would have had to sit out a year if he transferred in FBS even though his scholarship was not renewed.

I am stunned and disappointed this happened, especially with so many examples of folks that some would say should have had their scholarship revoked (Alipate is a common example).

I am not going to speculate one way or the other and just wish Jordan and his dad the best of luck!

The U of M just can't pull someone's scholarship
Of course they can, and they do quite often.

It's unbelievable the lengths to which some people will go to not want to believe this stuff. You think it's just a coincidence that when they oversign, the players on the bottom of the depth chart just magically go away?

Gopherprof,
Do u have a problem. I have not insulted anyone yet you come here and insult me. Is there a problem?

Gopherprof,
Do u have a problem. I have not insulted anyone yet you come here and insult me. Is there a problem?

Could it be that he teaches rhetoric and doesn't understand what "****ing father" means? Anyway, I believe you deserve an answer. You certainly have conducted yourself admirable on this blog which has been greatly appreciated by all.

Bottom line, he is not going to be able to contribute and play at this level. It is best for both parties(team and player) that he goes elsewhere to have a career. I don't think he would be happy, as a senior, not seeing the field.

That's funny since he was recruited twice by this staff. If you're right (you're not) what does that say about the recruiting prowess of this staff?

Here's what coach C had to say on signing day: http://247sports.com/Video/Jordan-Hinojosa-highlights-Gopher-Footbal-700807

Something happened that we don't have the full story on. Behavioral, academic, personality clash. I tend towards the last since I believe getthemall. Anyone employed in any organization long enough understands one of the most important criteria for demotions/promotions is personality clash/synergy between supervisor and underling.

I think there was a falling out of some sort. It happens all the time. This staff has a doghouse many players land in, even players we really need.

Getthemall, I don't think gopher prof was insulting you, just the opposite? Prof?

That's funny since he was recruited twice by this staff. If you're right (you're not) what does that say about the recruiting prowess of this staff?

Something happened that we don't have the full story on. Behavioral, academic, personality clash. I tend towards the last since I believe getthemall. Anyone employed in any organization long enough understands one of the most important criteria for demotions/promotions is personality clash/synergy between supervisor and underling.

I think there was a falling out of some sort. It happens all the time. This staff has a doghouse many players land in, even players we really need.

Getthemall, I don't think gopher prof was insulting you, just the opposite? Prof?

My take is Gopherprof is challenging Spoofin's claim that there is no proof his scholarship was lifted. The profanity is meant to emphasize that we have information from someone very close to Jordan- his father. If one believes gethemall is Jordan's father (and it would be a long and bizarre scam if he wasn't) then we also have fairly credible proof the staff pulled the scholarship.

Guys, sorry. Just have a lot of disappointment in my heart. I loved MN. Loved the blog. Hell, I loved Kill and Miller. I know Jordan did too. I'm suffering because Jordan is. That's all. As you guys see I barely post but do read all the time. As time goes, he and myself will heal.

I think apologies or an explanation that is civil is in order.

Unless I'm missing something, Gopherprof was clearly defending getthemall. Gopherprof was trying to convey that he believes getthemall's word regarding Jordan being run off the team.

Unless I'm missing something, Gopherprof was clearly defending getthemall. Gopherprof was trying to convey that he believes getthemall's word regarding Jordan being run off the team.

That was my take as well. I don't think anything was being directed to Jordan's dad.

That was my take as well. I don't think anything was being directed to Jordan's dad.

You mean other than the use of a symbolic pejorative adjective in front of the noun, don't you! Otherwise, I would hope the intent was sound.

Given how he's defended here when it comes to the local media, it's strange how Kill doesnt get the benefit of the doubt in this matter. Nothing would surprise me and this could be a complete black mark on this coaching staff, but wasn't there "more to the story" when Barker up and quit?

Do coaching staffs routinely tell parents and not the 21 year old kid? Weird from the outside

If so, did parents tell coaching staff in January not to tell son because they wanted to tell him?

The coaching staff agreed to "pretend" the kid had a future here until his parents told him? Weird from the outside

Was the coaching staff surprised the kid whose parents knew in January he was not going to be a part of the program showed up for spring practice in March? Very weird from the outside

Do coaching staffs routinely let 21 year old kids participate in spring practice when the the coaching staff knows the kid is gone at the end of May? Unbelievably weird from the outside

Don't coaching staffs let players that will be on the team in the fall take the majority (ALL!!!) of the reps during spring practice? UND or Iowa State aren't scouting talent at the practices or spring game. Completely unbelievably totally weird from the outside

Maybe all those are yes.

Where are Marcus and Doogie?

You mean other than the use of a symbolic pejorative adjective in front of the noun, don't you! Otherwise, I would hope the intent was sound.

We need a dpo ruling.

Given how he's defended here when it comes to the local media, it's strange how Kill doesnt get the benefit of the doubt in this matter. Nothing would surprise me and this could be a complete black mark on this coaching staff, but wasn't there "more to the story" when Barker up and quit?

Do coaching staffs routinely tell parents and not the 21 year old kid? Weird from the outside

If so, did parents tell coaching staff in January not to tell son because they wanted to tell him?

The coaching staff agreed to "pretend" the kid had a future here until his parents told him? Weird from the outside

Was the coaching staff surprised the kid whose parents knew in January he was not going to be a part of the program showed up for spring practice in March? Very weird from the outside

Do coaching staffs routinely let 21 year old kids participate in spring practice when the the coaching staff knows the kid is gone at the end of May? Unbelievably weird from the outside

Don't coaching staffs let players that will be on the team in the fall take the majority (ALL!!!) of the reps during spring practice? UND or Iowa State aren't scouting talent at the practices or spring game. Completely unbelievably totally weird from the outside

Maybe all those are yes.

FWIW Ryan Burns said there were some off the field issues. Didn't specify at all though.

Maybe all those are yes.

I am with you maximus. This is a very bizarre situation indeed. I don't believe for a second that Kill wouldn't let Jordan know immediately. I got to believe he is classier than that. EIther way it is really too bad, was really pulling for Jordan.

Top Bottom