Jordan Hinojosa - to North Dakota???

I was quite impressed with him at the spring game. First one off the ball, including the o-lineman, and had a heckuva motor...

So he knew it was revoked in January but played through spring ball? Was he trying to impress potential schools knowing that he was transferring?

Just curious as to the timing/reasoning behind it all...

I've known this since January. I was never given a legit reason. I didn't tell Jordan til 2 weeks ago. I am upset because I feel it wasn't fair. While at JUCO, had 2 offers and still had his heart to go MN. He feels hurt. He did everything, probably the player with the most community service. Stand up kid. Never nothing negative about him. Dave Mona said two things he was impressed in spring, the kicking game and Jordan Hinojosa. 3.2 GPA and never a positive drug test or problem with the law. He was told he didn't fit. He could've fought it and won. But why fight when you are not wanted. I was angry and still am pissed because it happened to my son, not me. But he is a strong young man and he will do just fine. Thank you all for following him. Much luck to the gophers. A part of his life is and will be the Gophers. Bless you guys.

It is really too bad it could not work out for Jordan here. I thought he was a "high-motor" guy who would have seen some significant playing time this year, like others. I wish him the best, wherever he ends up!

Kill recruited jordan. And gopherhomer, it's not about being an angry father. If your children have or had some athletic ability, and you went through this process, seeing your posts, you'd be ranting and raving. I received the letter about him having his scholarship taken away on Jan, 21. I've kept my mouth shut until bs was been said. And yes, if you are a good player, and you came in later than expected, u get put in the dog house even if u are good. The facts are the facts. You guys even said you can't wait to see him play. So don't talk about angry fathers. I just pissed and the way he was treAted. It's people like u who never played football think u know it all. And NO, no down and dirty. I was just mad at someone talking crap without knowing.

Pretty sure Coach Kill has more experience in football than either one of us, so using your logic we should probably just leave this to the people with real knowledge. My 'angry father' line was just a joke and I apologize if it got you all riled up...I can imagine your frustration with this situation. It's just the entire "I'm not going to get into the specifics on a message board (or 'down and dirty as I think you call it)" all while spreading vague rumors on message boards just weakens the credibility of any alleged wrongdoing. I, like many others, wish Jordan the best.

From a Gopher perspective, I think we'll be just fine. Jordan showed a lot of passion and did make a few plays in controlled scrimmages, but the same could be said of Cole Banham. Again, let's trust the coaches on this one.

So no one on the coaching staff told him his scholarship was getting pulled? If so, that's awfully shady, especially since they played him so much at the spring game. Wish we could get both sides of this one.

So no one on the coaching staff told him his scholarship was getting pulled? If so, that's awfully shady, especially since they played him so much at the spring game. Wish we could get both sides of this one.

agreed. it doesn't make sense.

I think pulling scholarships should be taken from our coaching staff and given to an academic committee for renewal or not.

Again, this makes me mad. Given the current climate around the college athlete, this smacks of football over academics. Madness!

Let's remember there are two sides to every story. This is no different no matter who is posting here.

Good Luck to Jordan. I hope he is a great success in football and life.

I think pulling scholarships should be taken from our coaching staff and given to an academic committee for renewal or not.

Again, this makes me mad. Given the current climate around the college athlete, this smacks of football over academics. Madness!

Could be, seems like a lot of details that must be considered before drawing conclusions.

Maybe, the kid was taking advanced astro-physics, calc III, Organic Chemistry, and Sanskrit 5. Then again, maybe he wasn't making proper progress towards graduation relative to his peers. Maybe academics was all that was considered, and the coaching staff did not find he was sufficiently progressing. Who knows.

One could just as easily use your conclusion in the reverse claiming the kid had a 3.2 and significant clock in spring football (being a projected star by some analysts) therefore, his 3.2 must be watered down. Some may even be mad that academics are being considered over football.

Of course, all that could be wrong. Either way, getting mad doesn't help anything. Besides, it appears Jordan is getting another opportunity for more scholarship aid, that millions of college kids are not getting this year.

Let's remember there are two sides to every story. This is no different no matter who is posting here.

Good Luck to Jordan. I hope he is a great success in football and life.

And take away all overanlyzing the situation???

Bizarre.

Apparently a reason was given and obviously Jordan's father feels it isn't legitimate. If the reason was "you don't fit" then I am scratching my head. Personality clash?

This kid was impressive with the best motor of any active d-lineman at the last two spring games, IMO. Why in the heck are we punting him at a position that doesn't have a ton of quality or known depth?n we carried Alipate 4 years but we can't find a spot?

Then, why wasn't he told earlier? Seems to me it would be better to have the last several months to find a transfer school, similar to Team Nelson.

Getthemall, please relay our thanks to Jordan for choosing the gophers and, very sorry it didn't work out. I thought Jordan had the potential to be a heck of a leader on the defense.

Jordan sounds like a good kid, best of luck to him wherever he winds up.

Could be, seems like a lot of details that must be considered before drawing conclusions.

Maybe, the kid was taking advanced astro-physics, calc III, Organic Chemistry, and Sanskrit 5. Then again, maybe he wasn't making proper progress towards graduation relative to his peers. Maybe academics was all that was considered, and the coaching staff did not find he was sufficiently progressing. Who knows.

One could just as easily use your conclusion in the reverse claiming the kid had a 3.2 and significant clock in spring football (being a projected star by some analysts) therefore, his 3.2 must be watered down. Some may even be mad that academics are being considered over football.

Of course, all that could be wrong. Either way, getting mad doesn't help anything. Besides, it appears Jordan is getting another opportunity for more scholarship aid, that millions of college kids are not getting this year.

I am mostly mad that Jordan is the subject of rumor.

His dad knew in January he was off scholarship next year

Didn't tell him until two weeks ago

He went through spring ball. What if he suffered a serious injury?

Did the kid talk with his coaches during spring ball about what he should work on in the offseason to contribute next fall? Was that awkward for his coaches? Did his coaches look at him like he was nuts....uhh, you're not here in the fall, son. Haha, good one coach.

Did the strength guys give each kid an offseason workout schedule and just hand him one because...psst...his dad still hasnt told him yet.

When do kids sign up for summer classes or fall classes? Before two weeks ago?

When do they look for summer housing or fall housing? Before two weeks ago?

His dad knew in January he was off scholarship next year

Didn't tell him until two weeks ago

He went through spring ball. What if he suffered a serious injury?

Did the kid talk with his coaches during spring ball about what he should work on in the offseason to contribute next fall? Was that awkward for his coaches? Did his coaches look at him like he was nuts....uhh, you're not here in the fall, son. Haha, good one coach.

Did the strength guys give each kid an offseason workout schedule and just hand him one because...psst...his dad still hasnt told him yet.

When do kids sign up for summer classes or fall classes? Before two weeks ago?

When do they look for summer housing or fall housing? Before two weeks ago?

These are really good questions. All I know is his road to Minnesota was fraught with intrigue and drama. It looks like his exit will be the same.

The bottom line: there is a lot we don't know about this whole situation and there will be a lot of unanswered questions.

I was really rooting for Jordan Hinojosa to succeed with the Gophers in part because of his strong desire to come to here and in part because of getthemall's personal responses in the Hole'. Hopefully Kill addresses his side of the story because none of this makes any sense.

Thank you Hinojosa family for being part of the U and sorry it didnt work out.

Gentlemen,
I waited to tell him because the fight he had to get to MN. Then to tell him it's all for nothing? A kid who is 2k miles away, sees his family 2x a year, and his mom battling a deadly disease, I was afraid he would get discouraged. I was afraid his passion and live for the game would subside. Put yourself in my shoes as a dad. I adore my son. I try to do everything I can to make them succeed. I was mad but now I understand, it's a business and they made a business decision. I wanted him to play the spring game so maybe other schools can see him. It's worked out. What's one persons trash is someone else's treasure. I love my boys and I will do everything for them. Maybe I should've told or maybe I did right in not telling him, I don't know. I have no qualms with MN. I never said nothing before. I just got upset when conclusions were being made on why he was leaving. Once again, like I said before, part of his life will be and is gopher pride. Thanks for caring and standing by him. He will do fine. He's a champ. Two things you can't teach, his motor and his size. He'll be fine. He's a great young man. Thanks.

Thank you for coming on here getthemall. Thank you for yours and Jordan's efforts to make it here and make it work here. Thank you to Jordan for his community efforts, his representation of the university, and probably his example to the rest of his teamates. Hopefully this works out well for everyone involved.

I was really excited to finally see a kid who I have been following who went through adversity to get to the Gophers. Finally, I thought we'll be able to see him contribute to the team. To me, I share in the disappointment that he is moving on. I wanted to see him achieve his dreams here. With the tool set that he obtained here at the U, I believe this is not the last that we'll hear from him.

He'll be successful wherever he goes from here on. On the positive side, he may thrive beyond expectations with more playing time than had he stayed on the Gopher's roster. What a nice classy kid, a credit to both his parents. Good luck to him at his new school.

The stakes are high and the pressure to win enormous when you a building (hopefully) a team that can compete at a higher level in the B1G. This is the result of this.

It is all odd.

Why run off a player so early in his career? if the staff runs off players, why do guys like Kiese ad Alipate stay four and five years? Why would the coaching staff rescind the scholarship of a 21 year old adult by calling his parents rather than deal directly with the athlete?

This situation is really odd.

I am mostly mad that Jordan is the subject of rumor.

Ok fair enough. I agree, and it's a player I was hoping to see excel here. Also, I disdain the male soap opera climate that permeates sports these days. Call it the ESPN effect. I think it has people jumping ship (not speaking about this case) often. Instead, of dealing and bridging communication issues by direct confrontation, things are dealt with via twitter, reddit and other areas. In the pros that may even be allright, but in college it takes the opportunity to learn from the challenge. Which is one of the more valuable aspects of college sports as it happens.

Coach was going to tell him but I said no. I didn't want to discourage him. I feel it would've really messed him up. I'm just still scratching my head as to why. A position coach once told his players that he doesn't know why everyone doesn't like him because whenever he's out there, all he does is work. I'm thinking that everyone was the staff. If anyone has a real inside track, private message me. Well, my last post as a gopher parent. May they win the B1G, from the bottom of my heart. Bless you all.

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation. You don't owe us anything, and I appreciate that you are willing to share with us. Best of luck to you and your family!

Coach was going to tell him but I said no. I didn't want to discourage him. I feel it would've really messed him up. I'm just still scratching my head as to why. A position coach once told his players that he doesn't know why everyone doesn't like him because whenever he's out there, all he does is work. I'm thinking that everyone was the staff. If anyone has a real inside track, private message me. Well, my last post as a gopher parent. May they win the B1G, from the bottom of my heart. Bless you all.

Just want to say from the little I know of you and your son you both appear to be classy individuals. Wish you guys the best of luck and hope Jordan has success in life. One thing I know is that those who work hard are almost always rewarded one way or another.

Just want to say from the little I know of you and your son you both appear to be classy individuals. Wish you guys the best of luck and hope Jordan has success in life. One thing I know is that those who work hard are almost always rewarded one way or another.

He is still an M man until he ain't. for now, he is.

When things seem very odd and hard to explain, such as this, it usually means we don't have the full story.

Top Bottom