JD Spielman

I know a guy whose older brother works at Gamestop and said that Nintendo and EA Sports stopped by and demoed an early build of Madden NFL 21 and JD was in there and it listed his college as Minnesota ...

I know a guy whose older brother works at Gamestop and said that Nintendo and EA Sports stopped by and demoed an early build of Madden NFL 21 and JD was in there and it listed his college as Minnesota ...

Old news

This is interesting, how would he know that the Gopher's have a spot for him without contacting our staff?

He could always come as a walk on if there was no space and not count toward the 85. As long as he was a grad-transfer and not an undergrad transferring I believe that would be allowed. Not sure why he would want to, but I think he could.

Was he on the cover?

Don't want to be one of those guys.....but I will. I have a friend who is connected to Nebraska athletics (not football) that told me it's no secret in Lincoln that JD will be entering the transfer portal. This was told to me without me asking. He didn't say that he was coming to MN, but that it's fairly common knowledge. FWIW....
I have a source that told me he's probably going to the Missouri Valley so he's no longer overmatched.

Was he rated higher than TJ or Bateman?

4 receiver sets with Bateman and D. Jackson running down the sidelines while CAB and JDS wreak havoc over the middle?

YES PLEASE.
I think the most common 4 receiver set we’ll see is one where 2 of the receivers are TEs and have blocking assignments.

My take is he will be here next year. I think he can't just transfer here or he would have to sit out a season but if he gets his degree he can play next year here as a grad transfer. Once he gets his degree he will announce he is coming over to the Gophers.

No, since it wouldn't look good for the culture, and our past experience with Nebby recruits and the Vu....
. But perhaps sighted riding the roller coaster at the MOA (with Shaka)

I blame that lame MOA roller coaster for us not landing Shaka. Someone, go to the mall, don't let JD on the roller coaster.

4 receiver sets with Bateman and D. Jackson running down the sidelines while CAB and JDS wreak havoc over the middle?

YES PLEASE.

I'd really like to see us spread out BSF a bit. He is huge, so he should be able to absolutely destroy any S, LB, or DB that they put out on him.

He'd be a tough match up on most S/LB in space.

I heard PJ want JD to be our special teams returner, slot receiver and a change of pace running back, especially in passing situations. I also heard there is a black Toyota Camry driving from Lincoln to Minneapolis - lets cover the highways and see if it could be him.

I'd really like to see us spread out BSF a bit. He is huge, so he should be able to absolutely destroy any S, LB, or DB that they put out on him.

He'd be a tough match up on most S/LB in space.

Based on size and what we think he should able to do this would be the case but there is of course far more to it than that.

We will all be watching to see if the Sanford/Simon led offense uses the TE as more then just an extension of the offensive line. Maybe 2020 will be the year that BSF gets a chance to break out as a pass catching options in the offense.

I blame that lame MOA roller coaster for us not landing Shaka. Someone, go to the mall, don't let JD on the roller coaster.
I had taken a photo of Shaka on the roller coaster when he was visiting and he seemed like he was having a good time. I'll see if I can dig up the photo.

Sh*t! Too late!

3mvmb4.jpg

From the little I’ve seen of Spielman, he has elite talent for yards-after-catch. He’s one of those very quick and elusive guys that can drive the defense crazy. Hence him also being a kick returner. I don’t know about his hands, route-running, etc., but simply due to our kick return game being poor, we can really use him. Now, of course, he needs to catch the ball first...

Top Bottom