JD Spielman

All of them.
Are you going to ditch the monicker once Coyle finds a better coach in a few weeks? Just asking you know...for a friend. But on the serious side I think JD would be a fine addition for a season, lots of good versatility and if nothing else a serious shot in the arm for our very anemic punt return game.

Are you going to ditch the monicker once Coyle finds a better coach in a few weeks? Just asking you know...for a friend. But on the serious side I think JD would be a fine addition for a season, lots of good versatility and if nothing else a serious shot in the arm for our very anemic punt return game.

I can’t stand Pitino. I hope he gets canned. I’ve been meaning to email a mod to try to get that changed, but haven’t gotten around to it.

I don’t respond to every single person who disagrees with me on things. I have no desire to argue for days like Veritas does.

Anyone who doesn't want JD in the slot with Bateman and A-Bell on the outside may want to quit with watching football. I think the goal is to win games, right?
There is zero chance that Fleck would not welcome JD to the program with open arms, provided he didn't have some odd character things.

There is zero chance that Fleck would not welcome JD to the program with open arms, provided he didn't have some odd character things.
Will the change in culture impact his abilities to contribute right away? Does Fleck have like a speed course for that? Maybe JD had to pull some all-nighters at Flecks Lake Mtka cabin?

Will the change in culture impact his abilities to contribute right away? Does Fleck have like a speed course for that? Maybe JD had to pull some all-nighters at Flecks Lake Mtka cabin?
Spending a summer afternoon on a new wake boat can definitely help.

Take it for what it is worth but the following was just posted on the Husker Online free forums:

Heard from a source around the program the following regarding JD. Take it or leave it.

-JD has never meshed with this staff. Has always been kind of a loner away from it all.
-JD absolutely wants to play at Minnesota.
-JD was planning on the grad transfer route. When that became an impossibility, he tried to push forward, but after second semester began he got further and further depressed about it the closer spring came.
-The only way JD would really come back to Nebraska is if his dad talks him into it, which he must have at least been trying to do for awhile. But now it seems dad has relented at least a little and almost wants him home.
-If JD doesnt want to play at NU, a waiver from the NCAA is absolutely realistic. As others have said, dad is NFL GM and has lawyers, plus (my take now) factor in the relationship the NcAA wants to keep with the NFL in the age of XFL.
-Anythings possible, but unless JD has a change of heart, chances of him playing at NU are extremely slim.

Take it for what it is worth but the following was just posted on the Husker Online free forums:

Heard from a source around the program the following regarding JD. Take it or leave it.

-JD has never meshed with this staff. Has always been kind of a loner away from it all.
-JD absolutely wants to play at Minnesota.
-JD was planning on the grad transfer route. When that became an impossibility, he tried to push forward, but after second semester began he got further and further depressed about it the closer spring came.
-The only way JD would really come back to Nebraska is if his dad talks him into it, which he must have at least been trying to do for awhile. But now it seems dad has relented at least a little and almost wants him home.
-If JD doesnt want to play at NU, a waiver from the NCAA is absolutely realistic. As others have said, dad is NFL GM and has lawyers, plus (my take now) factor in the relationship the NcAA wants to keep with the NFL in the age of XFL.
-Anythings possible, but unless JD has a change of heart, chances of him playing at NU are extremely slim.
Seems like mostly speculation imo

Seems like mostly speculation imo

This whole saga has been based on a lot of rumor and speculation. But the fact that he is taking a leave from Nebraska and back home in Minnesota lends a lot more steam to the rumors of him being headed here eventually.

Obviously nothing is for sure at this point but the recent developments have made it seem a lot more likely that he is going to end up here.

Liking all the positive speculation and from whats out there I thinks there a good chance he comes. I think he would be a huge addition (Return/Slot).

If you listen to the press conference PJ was basically recruiting JD, welcoming him.

Top Bottom